GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well this is confusing!

I thought one of the news sources got a statement earlier from MSP?

I hope someone else was watching this... my feed cut out.. but I could have swore they said the clothing was not lost

--unbelievable.

--but-----great news for griem and big bobb!!!

--now bob won't be 'devastated'!

I am not sure I am buying this yet... there were multiple quotes from the MSP forensics director guy...

(trust me... I don't want the clothes to be lost... but I mean who do you believe at this point?)

The Forensic Science Division Director for Michigan State Police, John Collins, tells Action News that their crime lab never received the clothing Jane Bashara was wearing when she was killed.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...higan-state-police-forensic-lab#ixzz1oemLcR35

so DPD is saying they turned the stuff over and MPD is saying no they didn't... (sounds like to me at least)

oh and throw in that the funeral home claims to have received them with the body..

you just cannot make this stuff up folks!

I personally think Griem leaked it to cause chaos

:moo:

(after all it did come up via his private investigators right?)

I am not sure I am buying this yet... there were multiple quotes from the MSP forensics director guy...

(trust me... I don't want the clothes to be lost... but I mean who do you believe at this point?)

..no kidding.

..hello square one, nice to see you again.

..are the clothes lost or not????? good grief.

..no kidding.

..hello square one, nice to see you again.

..are the clothes lost or not????? good grief.

I would say the local defenders need to watch their wording... if no one has the clothes then they are still lost:waitasec:

msp called local 4 (after they broke the news at 4) the msp called and said "nothing that jane was wearing was submitted.. nothing she was wearing"

semantics? were the clothes on her when they were found? was a piece of it turned in?

DPD says the clothes WERE collected

some other talking head saying that the police could be holding on to some of the other clothes

my comment: what A GOAT ROPE!

I think the clothes are still missing

:moo: :moo: :moo: :moo:

Pat Dostine, a spokesperson for the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s office, tells Action News the office received a request from the Grosse Pointe Park Police Department for the clothing about five to six days after the autopsy had been completed. But the request was too late. After completing the autopsy, the medical examiner’s office followed protocol and released the body and the clothes to the A.H. Peters Funeral Home, which handled Bashara’s funeral arrangements.
One source close to the investigation says Grosse Pointe Park police should have had control of the evidence as soon as the medical examiner was done with its investigation, but others say at that time, the Detroit police were handling part of the case since the body had been discovered in Detroit.
In a statement to the media, Detroit police said, “"There were items of clothing that was recovered from the body of Jane Bashara and sent to Michigan State police lab for testing." But MSP said they never received it. At this time, Grosse Pointe Park police have not commented on the missing clothes.
Action News reached out the David Kesner, the manager of the funeral home. He declined to comment on the on-going investigation, and would not say if the clothes had been returned to the family or if they were destroyed.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...higan-state-police-forensic-lab#ixzz1of0lNb6h

that spells out to me loud and clear what happened... MSP most likely has the coat... but sadly I think those clothes are either in the trash or Bobb has them :eek:

Oh for crying out loud!!

Sounds like there were some things collected from the vehicle for evidence and turned over, but not her clothing. Perhaps the floor mats or other items that were found...

there are just too many other sources quoted (ME, funeral home, msp) for me to think that because the DPD says the clothes are not lost I am to believe them... (unless they sent them out of state? Didn't some of the evidence go to an out of state lab? And if they sent the clothes there just say it already! I mean really!)

Off the top of my head here....

We've got the Detroit cops on the original scene who were technically in charge of the clothing until the body (still in the car?) was transported to the ME's office where they took custody of the clothing.

Both the Detroit Police Department and the Grosse Pointe Park Police have been working the case and either of them may or may not have requested the clothing from the ME. The DPD have their own history of problems and allegedly, the GPPPD thought Joe's confession was a joke and told him to leave. Who knows if they even knew they could request the clothes.

The Michigan State Police crime lab were supposed to be performing tests on the clothing but say they never got it.

The ME was also said to have sent the clothing to the funeral home, who can't find it, while the Grosse Pointe Park Police waited for 5 days to request the clothing from them so they could have it tested.

Out of all these people and departments working on this case, did anyone actually take the lead? Is the problem too many cooks in the kitchen... or just more false/confusing info leaked by a blabbermouth to further taint the case?

now we have this:
:laugh:

(yes, I am laughing because I don't know what else to do!)

The clothing worn by Grosse Pointe marketing executive Jane Bashara when she was strangled, initially reported missing Friday, has been located.

A Detroit Police spokesperson says the clothing was found safe and sent to the Michigan State Police Crime Lab for testing. DPD did not reveal when or where the clothing was found.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/report:-jane-bashara's-clothes-may-be-missing-20120309

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazasmurf