GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there are just too many other sources quoted (ME, funeral home, msp) for me to think that because the DPD says the clothes are not lost I am to believe them... (unless they sent them out of state? Didn't some of the evidence go to an out of state lab? And if they sent the clothes there just say it already! I mean really!)

I don't believe a thing DPD has to say about something this important--just like Wayne County, DPD is generally in disarray, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

If the clothing is really lost, I throw my hands up, I swear.

furthermore... if the fox link is correct... the clothes have just been located and whisked off to the the lab...

well.. why are we just now hearing about these lost clothes if Griem heard about it a week ago?

seriously what is going on here?

--WDIV @ noon :

--talked about the missing clothes

--coming up @ 4 EST :

*medical expert will talk about the missing clothes/what it means
*the defenders--have uncovered "new evidence" never heard of before
*the defenders have "new info" on what really happened the night jane was murdered

--link to WDIV livestream: news @ 4:00 EST--5:00 EST--6:00 EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/-/17 ... index.html
--Watch Local 4 News Here
bumping this up (thanks lauri!) as the "news" should be back on in a few minutes

okay local defenders... now you need to find out why the police are holding the clothing and not sending it off for testing?

or maybe they did (well fox says they did... link upstream)

Where is Mojo and Spike? They could straighten this carp out!

Locals will know that there is an amazing full moon tonight. Maybe the sphere has some magical powers that will help locate the missing clothing :cowcouch:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...r-conflicting-reports-about-Bashara-s-clothes
Crime lab, Detroit Police offer conflicting reports about Bashara's clothes

March 10, 2012 at 1:00 am

"There were items of clothing recovered from the body of Jane Bashara and sent to the MSP for testing," Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said.

When told about Stephens' account, state police spokeswoman Tiffany Brown said: "We stand by our statement; we never received any clothing from the victim's body."

Meanwhile, a spokesman for the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office said Friday that Grosse Pointe Park detectives didn't request Bashara's clothes until several days after the murder.

"The body was released Jan. 27 to A.H. Peters Funeral Home," said Pat Dostine, spokesman for the Medical Examiner's Office. "Five or six days later, Grosse Pointe Park police called to request the clothes. It's law enforcement's job to pick up the clothing from our office."

Grosse Pointe Park Police officials did not return multiple phone calls seeking comment.

Joseph Gentz gets fast track to psych evaluation
March 10, 2012

http://www.freep.com/article/20120310/N ... evaluation

Joseph Gentz, charged in the slaying of Grosse Pointe Park marketing executive Jane Bashara, is on the psychiatric evaluation fast track and will meet with doctors Monday.

"This does seem fast, but this is a very unusual case," said Gentz's attorney, Susan Reed. "Maybe they decided to expedite this."

Off the top of my head here....

We've got the Detroit cops on the original scene who were technically in charge of the clothing until the body (still in the car?) was transported to the ME's office where they took custody of the clothing.

Both the Detroit Police Department and the Grosse Pointe Park Police have been working the case and either of them may or may not have requested the clothing from the ME. The DPD have their own history of problems and allegedly, the GPPPD thought Joe's confession was a joke and told him to leave. Who knows if they even knew they could request the clothes.

The Michigan State Police crime lab were supposed to be performing tests on the clothing but say they never got it.

The ME was also said to have sent the clothing to the funeral home, who can't find it, while the Grosse Pointe Park Police waited for 5 days to request the clothing from them so they could have it tested.

Out of all these people and departments working on this case, did anyone actually take the lead? Is the problem too many cooks in the kitchen... or just more false/confusing info leaked by a blabbermouth to further taint the case?

It does appear that way, doesn't it?

CNN News clip

bb wiping his eyes just looks so darn fake!! I don't think he has ever looked like a grieving husband in any of the news clips.

Anyone watch Scorned Love Kills? They had the Michael Fletcher case on there the other night. Maybe one day bb will be on there, I hope!!

Well well, looks like perhaps they are waiting until the competency eval is done and deal is done with Joe before Bob is taken in. His life must be miserable right now - that explains his weight loss due to STRESS! - no afterlife that he wanted after Jane was done in. I would think that his and S1 phones are tapped also during this period.

As to the mis-information yesterday - we all did note that Griem was the one who took it to the papers in hindsight. We must be more vigilant in noting the source in the future so we aren't "played" again!

A couple of things re: the "missing clothing", etc.

*The bruhaha about Jane's clothes was started by none other than the Griem Reaper based on information from the PI hired by the Bashara family. If the clothing is really missing, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Bob got it and disposed of the evidence.

*Griem's call to Susan Reed was nothing more than an attempt by Griem to find out what's cooking and how he can get a few steps ahead before the chit hits the fan and his upstanding client is cuffed.

*Griem is doing the same thing with this case that he did with the murder/dismemberment of Tara Grant for which his client Steven Grant is now serving a life sentence. Griem bad-mouthed the investigation continually in the media prior to the trial. It didn't work in that case, and I don't think his negativity about LE in the Bashara case will have a positive impact on a jury. :moo:

Hmmmm, I'm also following my local Hemy Neuman Case (Rusty Sneiderman murder in the Atlanta Ga area) This is Link to that thread on WS....and makes me wonder due to things I have learned on that case. A competency exam for "knowing right from wrong" is one thing (to see if he can understand charges against HIM/JG) and doesn't take NEARLY as long as a full pych exam to see if one has a psychological problem or other condition (which might be useful to have in hand if they want JG to be a KEY witness for a trial for Bob). Two different exams - and I think the prosecutors/his atty may have him doing both right now?

Others thoughts on relevance of this line of discussion?

Hmmmm, I'm also following my local Hemy Neuman Case (Rusty Sneiderman murder in the Atlanta Ga area) on WS....and makes me wonder due to things I have learned on that case. A competency exam for "knowing right from wrong" is one thing (to see if he can understand charges against HIM/JG) and doesn't take NEARLY as long as a full pych exam to see if one has a psychological problem or other condition (which might be useful to have in hand if they want JG to be a KEY witness for a trial for Bob). Two different exams - and I think the prosecutors/his atty may have him doing both right now?

Others thoughts on relevance of this line of discussion?

I suspect that both competency and psychological evaluations have been requested for Gentz. I have no qualifications to suggest that JG has mental health issues, but I definitely think that the man has a low IQ and probably functions at the intellectual level of a 7-or-8-year-old child. Most children that age would probably know right from wrong and be able to form the conscience to choose to do right or wrong. That said, someone with this mental capacity might not necessarily feel guilty or responsible for a wrongdoing especially if they see others do the same thing or are coerced into doing something wrong (i.e. a dare), and they might not fully grasp that there will be serious consequences for their actions.

Specific to the Bashara case, I can believe that BB has always been a manipulator and wields power over many people, especially someone who is mentally challenged like Joe Gentz. JG depended on BB for his livelihood as a handy man and probably had a childlike fear of his benefactor. BB probably made threats to wreak havoc on Joe's life if he didn't do his bidding. Even if Joe knows right from wrong, he might not have fully grasped the concept of being used or manipulated for someone else's benefit. Don't know if this makes sense, but it's :moo:

I'm not familiar with laws in Michigan. I do know that with the Caylee Anthony murder (yep, no drowning, DUH) that we saw information way ahead due to the sunshine laws in that state. What/when are the expectations in Michigan for us (ever?) seeing the entire taped interviews with JG? TIA.

I'm not familiar with laws in Michigan. I do know that with the Caylee Anthony murder (yep, no drowning, DUH) that we saw information way ahead due to the sunshine laws in that state. What/when are the expectations in Michigan for us (ever?) seeing the entire taped interviews with JG? TIA.

Slim to none. No "sunshine" laws in the Great Lakes state, and unless omnipresent, verbose attorneys like the Griem Reaper "leak" case information to the media, details of ongoing investigations are rarely known before trial.

I personally believe Gentz was under Bashara's directive and I believe Gentz when he said the husband held a 'gun' to his head to force him to kill Jane. It may not have been an actual gun, but it could have been.

I saw an article that said Gentz had an IQ in, I believe 60% - 69%. It may have been low 70%?

But I recall my youngest grandson when he was eight yo. He knew right from wrong but there was this one kid who knew how to manipulate him to do things he shouldn't have. On the first thing he got caught on, my son and dil took it all the way to be sure he didn't do it again. He didn't but we kept having difficulty with the other boy, so when the school or his parents didn't do anything, they got him transferred out of the class and he couldn't even talk to the other child. That went on for two more years.

I think at that age, it's easy to persuade persons with that mentality to do things they wouldn't ordinarily do. But then the manipulated one thinks about it once they're out of the situation and get a guilty conscience and confess when they're not around their manipulator. I think that's what happened here. I honestly feel sorry for Gentz. He was no match for the bullies. :(

I'm very disappointed Jane's clothing has been misplaced. The one thing that COULD have implicated BB as possibly being involved, or absolve him as well, is gone. I hope they find them, but then the question of being exposed to contamination will arise. It's seems it could be a no/win situation.

It'll really be a shame if Jane's murder goes unpunished, no matter who the perp is. It just doesn't seem right. She didn't deserve this. And no one should get away with murder!:mad:

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members