GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bashara’s Daughter Takes The Stand To Describe His *advertiser censored* Problem, Dirty Texts

September 11, 2013 10:06 AM

DETROIT (CBS Detroit) In what can only be described as cringe-worthy testimony, Jane and Bob Bashara’s college-age daughter Jessica Bashara took the stand in her father’s murder trial Wednesday, describing her parents’ marriage as fraught.

In her father’s murder-for-hire preliminary examination in Wayne County Circuit Court, Jessica Bashara also revealed the family was well aware of some of her father’s dirty secrets. Bob Bashara is charged with hiring handyman Joe Gentz to kill Jane Bashara — whose body was found strangled in her SUV in January 2012...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/09...is-*advertiser censored*-problem-dirty-texts/

Live stream: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ase/-/1719418/21880576/-/agxtq8z/-/index.html

Power outage hits downtown Detroit

Published On: Sep 11 2013 01:34:35 PM EDT

DETROIT -
A power outage that hit downtown Detroit Wednesday afternoon has resulted in the shut down of the People Mover and evacuation of the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice.

Power to the area went out just after 1 p.m...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...oit/-/1719418/21885806/-/um6v6dz/-/index.html

Looks like another delay in the Bashara hearing.

Mistress in Bashara murder case takes stand, power goes out

Author: Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com, hherrera@wdiv.com

Published On: Sep 11 2013 01:26:41 PM EDT Updated On: Sep 11 2013 01:37:53 PM EDT

DETROIT -
Just minutes after Bob Bashara's mistress began testifying Wednesday for his preliminary exam on a murder charge connected to his wife's death, the building's power went out.

Rachel Gillett was speaking on her intimate relationship with the Grosse Pointe Park man when the room went dark. It was evacuated.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...out/-/1719418/21885668/-/oq60arz/-/index.html

Jesus, so r they canceling the hearing or waiting...I read sm were stuck n elevators!

WWJ Radio website:

Courtrooms at the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice were evacuated and a proceedings in a high-profile Grosse Pointe Park murder case have been delayed...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/09/11/power-outage-in-downtown-detroit-2/

The power outage is likely due to excessive heat for the second day in a row. Storms are expected to move in this evening and, hopefully, will cool things down.

September 11, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Bashara mistress testifies as courtroom goes dark

George Hunter /The Detroit News

Detroit — Rachel Gillett was testifying Wednesday about how she and Robert Bashara engaged in “breath play,” or choking — the same way Jane Bashara was killed — when the courtroom was plunged into darkness.

Just a few minutes into Gillett’s testimony during Bashara’s preliminary exam the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice building in Greektown lost power and the facility was evacuated. It was not known when, or if, the proceedings would continue Wednesday.

It’s the second incident this week that interrupted court proceedings. On Monday, an escaped prisoner caused the evacuation of the courthouse...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130911/METRO01/309110064#ixzz2ebwDqbaU

Gotta love the dramatic title of the above article :D The Susan Hayward of it all!

Jameson Cook ‏@JamesonCook
Rachel Gillette retakes stand, says Bob was Master, she slave. "I'm extremely passive, Bob is extremely dominant."

She says Bashara said on web site he was a widower. She later confronted him and he said they separated

He said he didn't put on online profile because women wouldn't date him if said separated

He told her his wife was critical of him, they were not affectionately. They living "2 separate lives," she said, living in separate beds

Gillette told a friend she thought Bashara emasculated

She moved from Dearborn Heights to apt in GPP on Mack Ave. above the dungeon in basement

She met Bashara in dungeon twice per week

She at later point wanted to break off relationship

She wrote letter to him that relationship had to end. He wrong for lying to her and she "too soft, too loving" to be other woman

Bashara wrote her back saying to give him one year, "O love u. We are perfect for each other and u know it."

She says Bashara had "a plan," to divorce his wife after son graduated and they could be together

Gillett talks about ring Bashara gave her as a"promise ring." He tried to put on left hand ring finger but she refused & put it on rt hand

He twice tried to get her to move it. He gave her a necklace made with studs from his father's tuxedo studs

Gillette gets a little emotional when prosecutor shows her the jewelry

Bashara transferred ownership of home on Cadieux in GP to Gillette, she says

https://twitter.com/JamesonCook

Home transferred in 2010 but she wanted to break up, she says

She wrote to him 2010 that she wanted to end relationship due to him lying and excluding her from his life

She said in letter he tried to stop her from breaking up many times, sending flowers, lunch & calling her children

Bashara came to her house sitting in lawn chair crying, blocking her from entering home

Bashara wrote her a letter apologizing from blocking hr from life but insisting they must be together

"We went out a lot, he spent a lot of money" she said but realized "something was amiss" in his finances

Gillette concerned about his finances

Gillett emailed him in October 2011 that worried about finances if he divorced Jane and her income

"I'm just a secretary at Wayne State," she says in refernce to her salary compared to Jane's

She tells him worried about lifestyle changes he would have to make

Bashara acknowledges finances but does't address issue in return email to her

Bashara calls her "Neato keen, swell" she says

She found emails from other women and twice caught him online comics toons with other women

She emailed she needs to be separate from him

Bashara replies that she must "trust" him and insists he is "master" and she should "obey" him and stay with him. He signs it "master Bob"

She says they didn't do much in Grosse Pointe and his family/friends but he more involved in her life

She introduced him as her boyfriend at parties. He often visited her at work and talked to her coworker. "Everybody knew" Bashara

Bashara flew to South Carolina to sped NYE with her and her daughter 2010-11

Bashara emailed her that his marriage "secondary" to their relationship

"I want you for the rest of my life,Bashara says in email to her. "Soon my slave, soon."

Late summer 2011 he says his divorce was final in May 2011 after she had caught him talking to other women online

"He really started wanting to go look for houses," she says

She didn't ask for proof of divorced at that time late summer 2011

But she reads an email by him in June 2011 telling her he divorced, not late summer

"I don't know," she replies to why didn't seek proof of divorce

She agreed to go house shopping despite her big concerns about relationship

Started getting serious in fall 2011. Got real estate agents. They seriously interested in house on Bishop Street

Every time she brought up breaking up he would email her with "long sentimental" email

September 2011 he emailed her that perhaps they should move to a cottage after her daughter's wedding

Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey notes that Bashara told Dateline Gillette wanted "white picket fence" contrary to his email

She says "talk in our relationship"of adding a third person into their relationship. "I thought it would stop Jon from cheating."

"I didn't want to lose him," she says,

Gillette seems to have difficulty admitting the third person, sighing frequently

Gillett reads Another email July 2011 from Bashara, minimizing his cheating attempts and insists he loves her. "I only want you," He says

Gillette has read probably a dozen emails between the two

They found a house to buy on Kensington, final closing date Jan. 27, 2012

She says she asked Bashara several times for divorce papers to prove it but he kept making excuses

Lindsey getting to weekend before murder. Gillette with a sigh relationship went 3 years, 3 months,3 weeks

Lindsey going over Bashara's associates but never heard of Gentz before

Weekend before murder they went to BDSM gathering in Lincoln Park and went to get paint for their new house on Kensington

Week before house closing she concerned about it & she demanded divorce papers. If not she wouldn't move to their house

Email from her to him, concerned about lying including discovering he took trip to Hawaii with his wife in spring 2011

She demands to see divorce proof weekend before murder

Lindsey asks is Rachel want water. She looks broken and sad as Lindsey starts into Jan 24

Bashara goes to Detroit to meet her for lunch near WSU campus

She previously said they talked many times daily

They were in contact with an Oregon woman as third member of their "poly" relationship

Bashara calls Gillett nite of 24th

Prosecutor getting record documents organized

Court back in session for Bashara prelim exam

Lindsey asks about a call from Bashara from a different phone than normal 1 am Jan. 25, hours after murder

He told me to contact Janet not contact him to keep his telephone "clean or clear"

4:32 am message by her to Janet to not contact Bashara

Janet is "slave J" the proposed third wheel from Oregon

He called & he was very distraught Jane was missing. His mother and a Jane fried at his house

He was concerned in 1 am call that he would be blamed for murder

Bashara had also called her between 9 & 9:30 pm JAn 24

Gillett admits she told Janet Bashara feels guilty, and he told her just because having an affair doesn't make him a murderer

He called Gillett about 8am & and she called him later & learned his wife killed

On that day he asked her to come to his house. She said no, "inappropriate"

She attended candlelight vigil held that nor for Jane and hugged Bashara

She realized they would have to reduce contact but denies another man contacted her to reduce contact

Exchanges between Gillett & Lindsey sometimes testy

Gillett had Bashara's silver pickup truck she had at her home on St. Clair Street

She denies she told a neighbor that a convicted felon would be picking up truck

She first learned about Gentz Jan 30 on the news although she thinks Bashara mentioned him but not by name

Bashara said the guy was threatening& harassing him

Lindsey shows Gillett her police statement to find where she mentions Bashara talking about "a guy" harassing him

In court Bashara mostly keeping his eyes on Gillett although right now talking to his attorney Rene Cooper, shares a quiet laugh with him

Lindsey going over police statements with Gillett, who Lindsey says failed to mention Janet from Oregon

Prosecutor shows Valentines Card Bashara gave her

Card was after murder, but she wanted no more contact & got PPO against him March 14, 2012

"He was continually asking me to meet him during that time," she says

Meanwhile she had moved into their new house after closing Jan 27

Prosecutor Lindsey says she's done questioning Gillett

Judge asks if cross exam by defense. Sidebar discussion. Judge calls for lunch break

:tyou: for the fabulous running updates, Coldpizza. I was out this morning and heard only brief radio reports on the proceedings. The explicit sexual references brings back (not-so-fond) memories of Jodi Arias' testimony during her trial :blushing:

Bashara prelim to start. Judge admonishes Bashara and Gillett for some nonverbal signaling between the two both today and yesterday

Gestures included pats to heart

Defense attorney questioning her, "you didn't realize you wee being strung along by Mr. Bashara?"
"Yes I did," she said

Only time met children was by accident in a restaurant and he introduced her as a tenant

"You believed that?" That Bashara got divorced.
"Yes I did," she replies sheepishly

Defense hammering her for sticking in relationship despite his lies

"He sounded more irritated,Gillett says of Bashara when he told her his wife dead over phone

Gillett spoke with him several times on day of murder

Gillett confirms that she learned about Gentz although not by name after murder when Bashara talking about potential murderers of his wife

Gillett completes testimony, steps down from stand

Wayne County asst prosecutor questioning Bashara mistress Rachel Gillett during prelim exam. Thurs Sept 12

Just wanted to post RG testimony, but Jameson Cook seems to have the most complete account of the Courtroom.

Dang, I missed RG's testimony. I'll have to catch up on that but didn't want to miss any more today.

When court resumed at 2:40 p.m Thursday afternoon, Janet Leeman took the stand. She resides in Oregon.

She met Master Bob on his website named Master Bob's Bella (I think that's the name) when searching for an alternative website. She learned later that Bella refers to Rachel Gillet.
MB wanted to find two women to share a house with in the future.

MB named JL "Master Slave". He sent an email to other men stating that JL was "off limits" to them.

bb told JL that he'd been divorced for many years but his attorney advised him to remain in the family house while his children were around. That had been the situation for the past four years or so.
JB hadn't been interested in sex for at least seven years.

(I'm surprised this next comment wasn't called out as hearsay. Is there hearsay in preliminaries?).
JL claims that RG told her that bb explained that he had oral sex with Jane and ejaculated in here mouth.
Jane was disgusted and bb hadn't touched her since that time. (Woe steps away while she collects herself.)
Woe says it seems RG defended bb because RG believed JB emasculated bb. (Of course, this was Jane's fault - NOT!)

Per JL, bb never used Jane's name when referring to her but scornfully said "her" or "ex-wife".

For Christmas, bb sent JL one of his dirty t-shirts to sleep in so she could feel him. Also included was a neck chain to wear on her wrist to signify that he owned her.
'Slave J - a symbol of my ownership of you. Not to be worn around your neck until I place it there for you.'
(not sure if I captured the exact quote but, if not, close.) "I remain your Master and Man."

On January 18 or 19 the in person meeting was scheduled to take place in Oregon.
(An observation - bb is licking his lips while looking at Slave J while she's speaking. We can't see above her waist.
It appears she is wearing a shortish tight reddish knit dress with textured black stockings, yet I see her brightly colored toenails in lime green sandals. All her nails are painted a bright/deep red. She keeps pulling on her skirt while sitting as if she believes she can cover her knees. Oops, she gives up and recrosses her legs while shooting a slight beaver bb's way. No joke!)

Moving on to the subject of auto aurotic asphyxiation is what JL thinks its called. Other names are choke you or breath play. bb told JL that he puts RG to sleep everynight with breath play and she loves it. (hearsay?)
JL informs bb that she is almost a breath play virgin. (She's pulling on her skirt hard now - lol!) bb told her that he 'will open to you all of who I am and you will be like a kid in a candy shop.'

bb told JL that he was tired of living a fake life and wanted to be true to himself and his lifestyle.

to be continued in next post ~

Prior to bb meeing JL in person in Oregon, he had to establish that she completely understood his rules about the lifestyle situation he was proposing. Something like bb serves both her and Bella, the relationship between Master Slave and Bella too (?), and both are to serve him (imo primarily). JL answered him, "I understand Sir." and "Thank you Sir." He responded, "Know that I am pleased." This exchange was in an email the lawyer was reading.

According to JL, bb informed his family that Christmas 2011 would be the last holiday season he'd be spending with them. He was moving on and they'd just have to deal with it. His daughter was the most upset upon hearing this message from her father. Jane didn't like hearing it either. According to JL not much was mentioned about Rob, bb's son.

Sometime in January (dates are confusing; first visit was supposed to take place the 18th or 19th, was changed to the 10th or 11th but actually took place, with bb arriving in Oregon, on January 12th, a Thursday. He departed at 6 a.m. on Sunday the 15th.).

bb sent an IM to JL on January 10 at 9:04 a.m. The message was something like 'master slave, soon you will fill me'. Then, something about showing her 'his strength and passion'. When he arrived, he gave JL a new collar to wear.
Unfortunately, despite his heady promises, bb was unable to perform. This, he believed, was due to his excess weight.

During his visit a few strange and/or scary events occurred. One was when, with no prior warning, he wrapped his hands around JL's neck from behind. As a result, she passed out cold. After she came to and expressed concern, he admonished her for not warning him she was about to pass out. He told her, "Little girl, I could have hurt you".

bb disappeared for longer than what would be expected when sharing a meal in a restaurant. She assumed he was making phone calls during this time. Another time, she overheard him saying into the phone, "I want this done before I get home. WTF is wrong with you?" He was the most agitated during this phone call as usually he appeared even keeled. Since he was speaking to his handyman, JL assumed bb was upset about the installation of a toilet in one of his apartments.

After bb left Oregon, JL didn't plan to see him again. He left behind a pair of underwear on the floor (she assumed an oversight), the same old t-shirt and a collar.

He called her on the 18th or 19th of January and hung up. Shortly after he called back and asked if she knew anyone who would rough up somebody for money. bb had approached this subject before too when Rachel G. was having trouble at work and feared she was about to be fired. bb wanted somebody to beat up RG's boss.

On January 25th, JL received a message from bb; MB here - family emergency - stop all communication immediately.

Some other communication (I believe from RG) explained bb's wife missing - something terrible happened - don't call police - police are looking at bb.

On the 26th bb called JL. bb said he was fine. JL asked, "How are the children?" bb said, "Fine." She wondered how either him or them could be fine under the circumstances. bb told her if she is contacted to say they're 'best friends'. (camera goes to bb and he's looking all sorrowful with a puppy face expression - have I mentioned I despise this man?)

JL heard that Gentz was trying to extort money from bb and that bb thinks JG killed his wife.

bb traded phones with his mother so he could make calls that would go undetected. bb had other phones he was using. (camera is on bb while he shakes his head 'no' in denial)

bb wanted to bring RG to Oregon to hide her on JL's father's cattle ranch. JL assumed this was to keep the press away from RG but bb explained that it was to keep RG from the courts and asked JL "are you with me?".
JL declined to cooperate.

According to JL, bb's mindset was that after this all blows over they would continue business as usual.

JL cut off all communication with bb. She changed her numbers, got a lawyer for protection papers, etc.

Now bb's lawyer asks JL if she ever wrote down, in her own handwriting, the claims she made today while on the stand. She replied that she emailed a typed timeline to the Gross Point Police shortly after she spoke with them.
She spoke with LE on February 6, 2012; she sent the timeline email shortly thereafter.
JL was deposed in MI on February 18 or 19. February 19 she told bb no more.
Now I can hear someone say 'watch your tone' - camera goes to bb and lawyers and bb is amused and is chuckling. Prior to this, JL asked bb's lawyer to watch his tone when speaking to her.

They go over the dates bb visited Oregon with the Prosecution insisting they pin the dates down once and for all. Someone brings out a 2012 calendar and everyone agrees the dates were January 12-15, 2012.

The following week, January 18 or 19, bb called JL to ask her if she knew anyone who would be willing to rough somebody up. (Lawyers are laughing.)
JL is asked did she know anyone? JL responds by saying that she knows dental assistants not anyone who roughs people up.

At some point bb said to JL, "Let's just leave you out of this".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member