GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. :raincloud: Hoping for a good outcome.

:grouphug:

Thanks for your kind post. My youngest sister (56) was diagnosed with multiple myeloma last spring, started chemo, then had to undergo emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction (unrelated to the cancer). During her recuperation from the surgical procedure, she was unable to continue chemo treatments, so the myeloma has become quite active. My sister is very weak, depressed, and having a difficult time processing what she's going through. I am feeling helpless and scared: No one expects the baby of the family to be facing this crisis when the four older siblings are in good health. :(

Thanks for your kind post. My youngest sister (56) was diagnosed with multiple myeloma last spring, started chemo, then had to undergo emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction (unrelated to the cancer). During her recuperation from the surgical procedure, she was unable to continue chemo treatments, so the myeloma has become quite active. My sister is very weak, depressed, and having a difficult time processing what she's going through. I am feeling helpless and scared: No one expects the baby of the family to be facing this crisis when the four older siblings are in good health. :(

Keeping you and Family in my Prayers :hug:

I agree she IS sharp! She's growing on me too. Can't wait to see him face trial. I wanted to say thanks to all for the updates, links to vids and catchup sites ! It's bn a long hard ride.

I have on my calendar that something is going on with this case tomorrow. Does anybody recall what is happening ?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Bob Bashara to be arraigned on charges he murdered wife Jane Bashara

Bashara charged with first degree murder in wife's death

Author: Lisa Ray, Managing Editor, ClickOnDetroit.com, lray@wdiv.com

Published On: Sep 19 2013 08:01:16 PM EDT Updated On: Sep 20 2013 03:54:00 AM EDT

DETROIT -
Bob Bashara will be arraigned in connection with his wife's murder Friday in front of Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Vonda Evans.

You will be able to watch the court appearance live on ClickOnDetroit.com beginning at 9 a.m.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ara/-/1719418/22024348/-/jech3oz/-/index.html

I have an appointment this morning and won't be able to watch the arraignment. I will look forward to your comments when I return.

Trial date March 3rd. I'll come back with a link. I watched on WAT. Anybody plan on attending?

September 20, 2013 at 11:08 am

Bashara arraigned in wife's slaying

Tom Greenwood /The Detroit News

Bob Bashara is seen before Judge Kenneth King at Frank Murphy Hall of Justice in Detroit last week. (David Coates / The Detroit News)
Detroit — Following what a judge described as a “bizarre” five-day preliminary hearing last week, Robert Bashara was arraigned Friday on a first-degree murder charge on claims he arranged his wife’s 2012 murder so he could pursue a kinky lifestyle.

Bashara’s case was in Wayne County Circuit Court Friday morning before Judge Vonda Evans at the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130920/METRO01/309200075#ixzz2fRtsM8y7

Bob Bashara pleads not guilty to murder charge

Bashara charged with first degree murder in wife's death

Author: Lisa Ray, Managing Editor, ClickOnDetroit.com, lray@wdiv.com

Published On: Sep 19 2013 08:01:16 PM EDT Updated On: Sep 20 2013 10:51:17 AM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ara/-/1719418/22024348/-/jech3oz/-/index.html

September 25, 2013 at 1:00 am

Attorney says letter key to Gentz appeal in Bashara case

Lauren Abdel-Razzaq /The Detroit News

A lawyer representing Joseph Gentz, the handyman convicted of killing Jane Bashara in her Grosse Pointe Park garage, is asking a court to reconsider his murder conviction.

Phillip Comorski, the attorney assigned to handle Gentz’s appeal, filed a document with the court Friday, asking that a letter Gentz sent to the Wayne County Circuit Court back in June be examined in court.

According to Comorski, Gentz did not understand what he was entering into when he gave his second-degree murder plea...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130925/METRO/309250139#ixzz2g0NNZwlc

dafuq?!?! Blessed? wow. He's really crazy. Wait. No. Not really. He is a manipulating SoB who had his wife killed because he forgot his state had something called DIVORCE in the books. :banghead:

:lol: :floorlaugh: :lol:

September 25, 2013 at 1:00 am

Attorney says letter key to Gentz appeal in Bashara case

Lauren Abdel-Razzaq /The Detroit News

A lawyer representing Joseph Gentz, the handyman convicted of killing Jane Bashara in her Grosse Pointe Park garage, is asking a court to reconsider his murder conviction.

Phillip Comorski, the attorney assigned to handle Gentz’s appeal, filed a document with the court Friday, asking that a letter Gentz sent to the Wayne County Circuit Court back in June be examined in court.

According to Comorski, Gentz did not understand what he was entering into when he gave his second-degree murder plea...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130925/METRO/309250139#ixzz2g0NNZwlc
Prosecutors urge court to deny Joseph Gentz appeal in Jane Bashara murder case

6:45 PM, October 23, 2013

By Elisha Anderson, Detroit Free Press Staff Writer

Prosecutors responded to an appeal filed by the new attorney for Joseph Gentz — the man convicted of murdering a Grosse Pointe Park woman — and are arguing it should be denied.

In a document filed with the Michigan Court of Appeals late last week, they said the former handyman, who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the January 2012 death of Jane Bashara, can’t challenge his plea on appeal unless he has moved to withdraw the plea on the same basis in the trial court.

“Defendant in this case was charged with murder, was represented by counsel and had entered into a plea agreement with the people,” prosecutors said. “He made an informed decision to enter into a plea agreement with the people and plead guilty to a lesser charge of second-degree murder.”

The filing came about a month after Phillip Comorski, appointed to represent Gentz in June, appealed the case.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013310230120

December 10, 2013 at 9:18 am

Bashara due in court on charges related to wife's death

George Hunter /The Detroit News

Detroit — Robert Bashara is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday morning for a pretrial conference as his attorneys prepare to defend him on charges he hired a hit man to kill his wife, Jane.

Bashara, who turns 56 on Thursday, is serving a minimum six-year sentence after pleading guilty to hiring a furniture store owner to kill Joseph Gentz, a developmentally disabled man who worked for Bashara as a handyman...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131210/METRO01/312100043#ixzz2n5JL4HLQ

December 10, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Bashara requests laptop for his jail cell

George Hunter /The Detroit News

Detroit — Robert Bashara wants a laptop in his jail cell.

During what was supposed to be a brief hearing to set dates in Bashara’s trial on first-degree murder charges in connection with the Jan. 24, 2012, slaying of his wife, Jane, Bashara’s attorney Mark Procida said his client needs a laptop to go over thousands of pages of discovery.

Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey opposed the request, pointing to some of the accusations against Bashara.

“The people would strenuously object, due to the fact that there’s been witness intimidation, and the defendant tried to hire hit men,” Lindsey said. “It would be foolhardy to allow this man access to a laptop.” ...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131210/METRO01/312100043#ixzz2n6XUlTVT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixilove