GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention he could be master bob again online and reach out to ppl. No no no.
I say, NO

Judge May Let Incarcerated Bob Bashara Have Laptop

I have very distorted vision, and being able to enlarge on a computer would be most helpful,” Bashara told Judge Vonda Evans.

Bashara spoke to Evans about his diabetes, and said he suffers from macular degeneration.

Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey, who’s worried about Internet access, said she opposes the request.

Instead, Lindsey said, Bashara should be able to review documents on his lawyer’s computer during the lawyer’s visits to the jail.

“He would be having a privilege far and above any other inmate in the county jail,” Lindsey said. “The attorneys all the time get an order from the court to allow them to take their laptops into the jail to review the discovery with the defendant.”

more at link ................. http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/12/10/judge-may-let-incarcerated-bob-bashara-have-laptop/

Bashara denied laptop privileges in prison

Judge to decide if Bob Bashara gets to have laptop computer in prison

Author: Dave Bartkowiak Jr. , Online News Editor, dbartkowiak@wdiv.com

Published On: Jan 08 2014 03:12:14 PM EST Updated On: Jan 09 2014 11:52:11 AM EST

DETROIT -
Bob Bashara has been denied access to a laptop while behind bars.

The Grosse Pointe Park man is charged with murder in his wife's 2012 death. In December he told a judge that he needs the laptop to help him research for his defense in the upcoming trial.

The prosecution is against it and on Thursday the judge in the case agreed...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...uest/-/1719418/23833552/-/ghafj7/-/index.html

January 9, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Judge denies Bashara a laptop in jail cell

George Hunter /The Detroit News

Detroit — Robert Bashara can’t have a laptop in his jail cell, a judge ruled Thursday.

Bashara's attorney, Mark Procida, had argued his client needed a laptop to go over thousands of pages of discovery related to Bashara's trial on first-degree murder charges in connection with the Jan. 24, 2012, slaying of his wife, Jane.

Bashara disclosed he has macular degeneration brought on by diabetes. He said it would be easier to read documents on a computer screen because he could enlarge the text.

But Wayne Circuit Judge Vonda Evans denied Bashara’s request Thursday...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140109/METRO01/301090079#ixzz2pvKms83Z

Judge denies Bashara laptop, scolds his attorney
Robert Bashara was denied a laptop in jail but could get a new lawyer in an attempt by the judge to avoid an appeal on grounds of ineffective counsel should he be convicted of first-degree murder.

During a pre-trial hearing in Wayne Circuit Court that lasted more than an hour, Judge Vonda Evans chided Bashara several times for interrupting the proceedings, and once for planting his hand on his hip while listening to attorneys argue.

“Mr. Bashara, get your hand off your hip,” Evans reproached the defendant.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140109/METRO01/301090079#ixzz2pvzYXuVH

Much more at link^

God forgive me but the comments at the end of the ^ article had me LMAO :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::blushing::

Oh Bob Bob Bob. Your in a Court of Law now. No minions at your feet to take orders :floorlaugh: He doesn't get it :floorlaugh: I do enjoy how the last 2 Judges have "ripped" him.

Bob Bashara returns to court for pretrial hearing Thursday

Court appearance comes one week after judge denies Bashara's request for laptop in prison

Author: Lisa Ray, Managing Editor, ClickOnDetroit.com, @ClickOnLisa, lray@wdiv.com

Published On: Jan 23 2014 03:11:47 AM EST Updated On: Jan 23 2014 01:03:57 PM EST

DETROIT -
Bob Bashara will return to court on Thursday for a continuation of a pretrial hearing.

The Grosse Pointe Park man is charged with murder in his wife's 2012 death...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...day/-/1719418/24058880/-/w4qk3vz/-/index.html

I hope this Trial date in March stays on track :banghead:

In court, Bob Bashara calls his wife 'wonderful,' marks anniversary of her death

8:10 PM, January 23, 2014

By Elisha Anderson, Detroit Free Press Staff Writer

Grosse Pointe Park businessman Bob Bashara returned to a Detroit courtroom today and brought up his wife, Jane Bashara, on the eve of the two-year anniversary of her death.

“I just want to say, please everyone, don’t forget,” he said. “She was a wonderful gal.”

Back-to-back hearings Thursday before Wayne County Circuit Judge Vonda Evans addressed two issues: a request for the return of property taken during the execution of a search warrant last year at the office of Dean Valente, Bashara’s personal attorney, and whether new attorneys will be assigned to represent Bashara in his murder case.

Evans said her concerns are over the amount of resources needed to represent Bashara, and she’s not sure if the public defender’s office is able to provide them.

“It’s a funding issue,” Evans said, adding she wishes she could give the defender’s office money.

She said she has been given the authority to place two other attorneys on the case at a rate of $125 an hour and plans to consider making the change.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/article/20140123/NEWS05/301230058/Bob-Bashara-pretrial-hearing-today

Bashara judge continues to mull switching his attorneys

Bashara notes two-year anniversary of wife's death

AR-140129726.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667
Bob Bashara at a prior court hearing. Macomb Daily file photo

By Jameson Cook, The Macomb Daily

Posted: 01/23/14, 3:27 PM EST | Updated: 41 mins ago

[...]
The attorneys, Mark Procida and Nancy Shell, are staffers at the Wayne County public defender office. She said she could appoint legal firm or attorney group and pay the standard federal rate of $125 per hour, with a total budget of $200,000.

But Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey pointed out that appointing new lawyers could delay the case six to nine months due to the new attorneys having to get “caught up.”

Upon questioning from Evans, Bashara told her he is satisfied with his current representation, although he indicated he talked to an undisclosed attorney about possibly taking the case.

Bashara also in response to an Evans query did not object to a potential violation of his right to a speedy trial, although that was not done formally.

A Feb. 18 hearing was scheduled to address the matter again.

The judge granted Bashara’s request for a magnifying glass, a pad of paper and writing instruments so he can review the documented evidence in the case to assist his attorneys. Bashara revealed that he had eye surgery Monday. Evans ordered that he have pencils in good shape and with erasers. Lindsey said pens are not allowed in the Wayne County Jail.

She also granted the defense the ability to hire an investigator...
Read more: http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20140123/bashara-notes-two-year-anniversary-of-wifes-death

Will the trial date stick, March 3, 2014? (my guess is no)

Can't believe two years have gone by since Jane was murdered.
Her children must miss her very much.

Nothing like getting a firsthand look at the behavior of a sociopath.
Infuriating but interesting at the same time imo.

He wants to be sure everyone knows the court took his money away.
Why am I not crying?

IT is very difficult for me to write in a flowing manner with pencils, hehe. Haha on BB; I hv no sympathy for him whatsoever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216