GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess I am not surprised.

February 18, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Bashara gets 3 new attorneys, waives right to speedy trial

George Hunter/The Detroit News

Detroit— Robert Bashara got what he wanted Tuesday — and more.

After the Grosse Pointe Park businessman was charged in April with first-degree murder, for allegedly hiring his handyman to kill his wife, Jane, Bashara wanted to retain Detroit attorney David Cripps. But the state froze his assets, and Mark Procida from the Public Defender’s Office was appointed...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140218/METRO01/302180073#ixzz2tmQ2ALgl

Judge Vonda Evans wants to try BB only once. She knew darn well he was not being well-represented by the PD office. If found guilty, he would have had an excellent chance of getting his judgment overturned on appeal.

As it is, he's sitting in prison on his other charge. There's no particular hurry to get him off the streets. Justice for Jane will come.

Let the games begin (or continue). Just felt like posting that!

Actually, bb makes Allan Kustok (on trial now for the murder of his wife, Anita 'Jeanie', in Illinois) seem somewhat compassionate. At least AK wrapped his dead wife in his robe and a sheet before transporting her to the hospital after shooting her in her head in 2010. By all appearances, the two couples, both having been blessed with a boy and a girl, raised two productive children.
The men have to be sociopathic or narcissistic on some level to kill their children's mothers.

Thanks for the update(s) people .... I missed the latest happenings ...

Will go catch up on it now, I guess.

Quite a good write up / catch up is at Detroit Free Press ......

--

Bob Bashara gets new legal team, judge rules

6:32 PM, February 18, 2014

By Elisha Anderson

Detroit Free Press Staff Writer

bilde

Bob Bashara, who is awaiting trial on first-degree murder and other charges in the 2012 death of his wife Jane Bashara, appears before Third Circuit Court Judge Vonda Evans today. Evans removed Bashara's legal team and replaced them with David Cripps, Gabi Silver and another attorney, who hasn't been named. / Mandi Wright/Detroit Free Press

Bashara requested that the court allow his legal team to work with the new attorneys for a “smooth transition.”

“They can’t do that,” Evans said. “It’s one or the other.”

She set a new hearing date of March 11 and said she will formally move to make the attorney changes at that time.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/article/20140218/NEWS02/302180087/Bashara-murder-case

ID channel, "Scorned:Love Kills" is about Jane tonight...surprised, as usually it takes a lot longer to make these shows.

Hey peeps, I have on my calendar that there is a hearing tomorrow so was checking in.

:seeya: darkman! thanks for keeping the threads for Jane going since the beginning... we're still here! Will need to refresh my memory on so much when the trial starts though ... so glad that you have kept up over time so that we all can do so.

:grouphug:

ID channel, "Scorned:Love Kills" is about Jane tonight...surprised, as usually it takes a lot longer to make these shows.

Missed the show as had plans ... and have looked for replays as usual on Comcast but haven't seen such.

How was the show? Did anyone see it?

Hey peeps, I have on my calendar that there is a hearing tomorrow so was checking in.

:seeya: darkman! thanks for keeping the threads for Jane going since the beginning... we're still here! Will need to refresh my memory on so much when the trial starts though ... so glad that you have kept up over time so that we all can do so.

:grouphug:

Thanks, atthelake

I wasn't keeping close eye at the case lately .. but I guess it should be tomorrow indeed ... quoting from one of the above posts:

She set a new hearing date of March 11 and said she will formally move to make the attorney changes at that time.

Thanks, atthelake

I wasn't keeping close eye at the case lately .. but I guess it should be tomorrow indeed ... quoting from one of the above posts:

It starts streaming in 8 minutes. ..scheduled for 10:30 EDST..commentary is already streaming now at http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/judge-to-name-3rd-defense-lawyer-in-bashara-murder-case/-/1719418/24904636/-/axfblcz/-/index.html

ETA: Appears the above was for previous report.... this link perhaps will be livestream http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/watch-live-judge-to-name-3rd-defense-lawyer-in-bashara-murder-case/-/1719418/24914468/-/v2mbynz/-/index.html

Finally! Bashara coming into the courtroom and back on the record. After in camera meeting of judge/attys. Court is NOT going to enter order for Mr. Cripps for attorney at this time and will revisit.. April 4th. There may be forthcoming disclosures at 9 am on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim