MI MI - Jane Snow, 31, Otsego County, 15 May 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey Nina, we met at Festival of Oddities two years ago and talked about OCCK!

I'm looking into a group of murders that took place around Lansing in the 70s, likely most unrelated but were grouped together at the time because they were all young caucasian women abducted then dumped in rural areas.

Those led me to Dawn as her murder occured at the same time and was listed in the articles and then from Dawn I found Pamela Hill which reminded me of Jane Snow.
hey there! I like Gerald Wingeart for a lot of cases, but sadly he took his secrets to the grave :(

8CCAC821-BBDB-4397-BA74-B8B39CAE86DD.jpeg

Jane Verena Baribeau-Snow, age 31
Murdered 15 May 1979

We missed the anniversary last week

Jane Verena Baribeau Snow was stabbed to death 45 years ago at a highway rest stop, while her two young sons waited for her.

To date, no one has been charged with her murder.

An interesting post about Jane Snow's murder on another website:

E. S. said...

My Dad Killed Mrs. Snow and possibly the others. All have things in common, nothing stolen and no rape. I know he killed Snow because I was there at 8 yrs old witnessing it and I also remember the 2 boys sitting in their car. My dad gave the knife to my brothers telling them to go throw up at the trees until it stuck and leave it there. My brother had already told (LE) about this. Our dad died in 2005 in Gaylord Michigan.... Posted on February 13, 2022 at 8:41 PM

LINK:

Cold Cases Hard Copy: Jane Snow's Grizzly Murder at a Gaylord Rest Stop in 1979 Still Remains a Mystery

I wonder if this tip ever resulted in anything?

Without any major developments in this case, my thoughts haven't changed. There's a strong possibility that Jane disturbed a transient who was hiding out in the ladies' restroom. They could have been using the restroom to get high and had a psychotic episode when Jane walked in, then fled the scene before the boys knew anything. The only alternative is that someone was lurking in a remote restroom on the off-chance that a potential victim happened to stop by, which seems unlikely.

I still don't rule out McGawley. What are the odds of a bloody hitchhiker being picked up half-a-mile from the murder site? McGawley had been fighting with his wife and may have taken his anger out on Jane.

Without any major developments in this case, my thoughts haven't changed. There's a strong possibility that Jane disturbed a transient who was hiding out in the ladies' restroom. They could have been using the restroom to get high and had a psychotic episode when Jane walked in, then fled the scene before the boys knew anything. The only alternative is that someone was lurking in a remote restroom on the off-chance that a potential victim happened to stop by, which seems unlikely.

I still don't rule out McGawley. What are the odds of a bloody hitchhiker being picked up half-a-mile from the murder site? McGawley had been fighting with his wife and may have taken his anger out on Jane.
I think whoever killed Jane would have been covered in blood. McGawley was picked up by a state trooper who is trained to notice things like that.

With so little information or evidence to name a suspect, there are a number of possible scenarios which could have occurred.

Because Jane had traveled for such a long time before stopping at the rest area, it is not very likely that someone had followed her specifically waiting for a time and place to kill her.

Much more likely that the attack on her was one of opportunity by someone seeking a random victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284
Back