MI MI - Jasmine Moody, 18, Detroit, 4 December 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just noticed, and it likely means nothing except it makes it REALLY tricky to locate any kind of search pages on social media, however...

Jasmine's last name is Moody.
Mom's last name is Nichols.
Dad's last name is Kidd.

Where did Moody come from?

And while I'm busy wondering outloud where Moody came from, I find it rather bizarre none of the Moody's she's connected to on SM mention ONE WORD about her being missing. Not one.

Maybe her mom's maiden name is Moody? If the parents weren't married when she was born maybe her mom just used her own last name instead of the fathers. That's all I can think of.

Maybe her mom's maiden name is Moody? If the parents weren't married when she was born maybe her mom just used her own last name instead of the fathers. That's all I can think of.

That makes sense. I'm just bothered there isn't any kind of public effort from the family to locate her. There might be, I just can't find it. :( Her and mom are not even friends on FB (she is with dad, though) and from what I can tell, even none of her FB friends are saying ANYTHING about her being missing.

I hope the police are gathering info and well have a break in this case dosent seem right its not saying alot of info I noticed neither of the girls are listed on each others page unless they have nick names that i didnt know to look for I wondered if the girl she was visting had previous health issues or if this was a first by jasmine leaving her things there sounds scary iI read polygraph test came back inconclusive can they do another test ? I hope so

I hope the police are gathering info and well have a break in this case dosent seem right its not saying alot of info I noticed neither of the girls are listed on each others page unless they have nick names that i didnt know to look for I wondered if the girl she was visting had previous health issues or if this was a first by jasmine leaving her things there sounds scary iI read polygraph test came back inconclusive can they do another test ? I hope so

B suffers from bi-polar disorder and they are not listed on each other Facebook pages. Go a few a pages back for relevant links to research

True, but it seems rather pointless if you're trying to find a missing loved one, to keep your search limited to friends and family. Good gravy if my kid was missing EVERYONE would be hearing from me, every single day - not just my private circle of FB friends/family.

If my child went missing I would ask my entire family to make their social media private. My God the scrutiny I have seen innocent people put to and the slander, never mind the creeping of minors and dragging friends of friends through the mud. Kids no less.

Nope, friend lists, posts, everything dark - then set up a public group page where everyone can post.

If my child went missing I would ask my entire family to make their social media private. My God the scrutiny I have seen innocent people put to and the slander, never mind the creeping of minors and dragging friends of friends through the mud. Kids no less.

Nope, friend lists, posts, everything dark - then set up a public group page where everyone can post.

I completely agree, Stele!

All of mine already have theirs private - friends and family only (with the exception of those posts they choose to make public). But I understand exactly what you're saying.

Story from Jan. 1, 2015
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-texas-student-last-seen-in-detroit/
NORTH TEXAS - Police are searching for a Texas Woman's University student who disappeared while visiting a friend in Detroit during school break in early December, reports CBS DFW.

Jasmine Moody, a graduate of O.D. Wyatt High School in Fort Worth, was last seen in Detroit on the evening of December 4. Police believe the 18-year-old had an argument with someone and walked out of the house, without her belongings, and into near freezing cold weather, according to the station.

The Denton college student stands 5'5″ and weighs around 130 pounds. She has a light brown complexion, black hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearing a white Texas Woman's University hoodie sweatshirt, blue jeans and brown boots.

Moody also has a tattoo of a flower on her stomach and nose and tongue piercings.

Police reportedly believe the teenager is in good physical and mental condition.

Anyone who has seen Jasmine Moody or knows her whereabouts is asked to call 911 or the Detroit Police Criminal Investigations at 313-596-5752.
Note where it's being reported out of.... N. Texas, not Detroit.

It doesn't really look like her but could be an old account. She does look different with different hairstyles and makeup.

I had a dream last night that Jasmine was found alive and well. They had just not updated her story. Would be nice if this had really happened.

I just can't get past lie #1 - the claim that Jasmine planned to be at Brittany's for two weeks - when school was back in session AND her plane tickets were for much less than two week's stay.

I just can't get past lie #1 - the claim that Jasmine planned to be at Brittany's for two weeks - when school was back in session AND her plane tickets were for much less than two week's stay.

Did you manage to find a link regarding the plane tickets? I asked before but maybe you missed it

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...earch-for-missing-texas-student-jasmine-moody

Tickets are implied.

I'm not sure where I got the idea that she was staying two weeks.... hmmmmm

The time frame for this visit doesn't make any sense anyways. Why would Jasmine be staying that long? Wouldn't she need to get back to school? I found the calendar for TWU, the Thanksgiving holiday was from Nov. 26-28, the last day of classes was Dec. 5 ( the day she was supposedly scheduled to return to Texas). Final exams were Dec. 6-11. I guess she could have been planning on skipping that last week of class and just returning for the final exams.

Link to schedule: http://www.twu.edu/downloads/registrar/twu_calendar_at_a_glance_2014-2015.pdf

I check every day for new articles on Jasmine.. There haven't been any for a while now.

Thank you. Now I know where the 2 week window comes from. I was having mathematics issues. =\

Brittany et al says she was leaving Dec 5, but only police know what's true. Jasmine certainly must have purchased a ticket home. Was it to return the sunday after thanksgiving, or Dec 5?

This is the one case I'm following right now where I can't come up with a possible, even far-fetched theory that would have Jasmine safe and sound. :( Has anyone heard how her mother's visit to Detroit went? I wonder if she found any further information or answers at all.

This is the one case I'm following right now where I can't come up with a possible, even far-fetched theory that would have Jasmine safe and sound. :( Has anyone heard how her mother's visit to Detroit went? I wonder if she found any further information or answers at all.

I have no reason at all to believe Jasmine is okay, sadly. I think she was gone the night she "disappeared". I haven't seen a single follow up to her mom & dad's visit and the media seems to have let this case slide, overall. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back