MI MI - Jasmine Moody, 18, Detroit, 4 December 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How Sad. Jasmine is a young pretty girl who has her whole life ahead of her. I feel like the friend and the friend's mother know more than what they are saying IMO.

I am not sure of the area - I am from Detroit but many years ago... was is a bad area? Could Jasmine have stormed off. Took shelter in an abandoned house? (depending on the area... Detroit has a LOT of those) and found it not 'empty' as expected?
I dont see anything about a cell phone. Im sure she had one. Where did all her 'belongings' go? Did she leave with them? If the girls were having a loud fight outside the house, did anyone else hear them?
This one could so easily go several ways....

I'm from Michigan but not very familiar with the Detroit area. Detroit has a bad reputation and I would not want to be out alone after dark in any area of the city. Based on the google street view of the block where her friend lives it appears to be all residential, but a somewhat run-down area. I'm not sure of the safety of the area. On that same block is what appears to be an abandoned house damaged by fire and other houses appear neglected. I'm assuming that LE is checking any abandoned houses.

I can't find a FB profile for Jasmine - with the recent search changes it is hard to locate anything on FB (grrrrr).

Sadly, I don't think this one will have a happy ending.

Well, despite FB going all wonky lately, I did find Jasmine's friend Brittany and Brittany's mom's FB pages. Probably not okay to post those, but they're very very interesting, to say the least.

I could be way off base here but I suspect Jasmine's friend Brittany knows a LOT more about where Jasmine is, than she's letting on.

MOO.

The young women have fb pages, but I haven't been able to find them ... I mean Jasmine's. Maybe a better sleuth would be more successful.

Face Book has made some recent changes. It's hard to do searches now. :(

Well, despite FB going all wonky lately, I did find Jasmine's friend Brittany and Brittany's mom's FB pages. Probably not okay to post those, but they're very very interesting, to say the least.

Wow! I see that...:(

Hmmmm.....I'm thinking LE knows a lot more than is being reported and it's only a matter of time....

I'm glad Jasmine's Mom is there now. She will be able stay on top of things and hopefully keep this in the media. Praying! These cases made me more sad than usual right here at Christmas.

I'm glad Jasmine's Mom is there now. She will be able stay on top of things and hopefully keep this in the media. Praying! These cases made me more sad than usual right here at Christmas.

I watched an interview with Jasmine's mom & dad this morning & neither of them believe the story she just walked away from her friend's house. After doing a bit more digging in SM, I don't believe it either, and I don't think LE does, either.

If there was a fight outside the house at 7:30, then surely there were witnesses who can support the account. I wonder what the street looks like outside the place where she was last seen.

If there was a fight outside the house at 7:30, then surely there were witnesses who can support the account. I wonder what the street looks like outside the place where she was last seen.

Not pleasant, to say the least. MSM reports she was last seen in the 3700 block of Baldwin street. Judging by the number of abandoned/boarded up houses, I'd venture to guess there weren't many people around, outside, that night. Here's just one of the houses in that block. This is by far the worst of the them but there are many many houses all boarded up, plus what looks like what might have been a grade school at the end of the street, also boarded up.

baldwin.jpg

If this were MY daughter, I'd insist LE start looking in those boarded up houses. Maybe they already have?

The fact that Brittany is hospitalized with anxiety issues is very telling. The entire story of Jasmine's last seen timeframe is hearsay, coming from the mother who is relaying what Brittany told her.

For all we know, Jasmine could have disappeared any time in the 2 weeks. I want to know when is the last time mom, or anyone except Brittany, spoke to Jasmine.

Not pleasant, to say the least. MSM reports she was last seen in the 3700 block of Baldwin street. Judging by the number of abandoned/boarded up houses, I'd venture to guess there weren't many people around, outside, that night. Here's just one of the houses in that block. This is by far the worst of the them but there are many many houses all boarded up, plus what looks like what might have been a grade school at the end of the street, also boarded up.

If this were MY daughter, I'd insist LE start looking in those boarded up houses. Maybe they already have?
SKETCHY! I definitely believe that if Jasmine did set out on foot at sundown, she would be met with trouble pretty quickly.

The fact that Brittany is hospitalized with anxiety issues is very telling. The entire story of Jasmine's last seen timeframe is hearsay, coming from the mother who is relaying what Brittany told her.

For all we know, Jasmine could have disappeared any time in the 2 weeks. I want to know when is the last time mom, or anyone except Brittany, spoke to Jasmine.

The mom may have been onsite, involved, and a witness to what happened. Do we have reason to believe that she was not present?

What could Jasmine possibly have been doing on fb that created such an issue for Brittany? And ... I wonder why Brittany's mother didn't tell her daughter that Jasmine's fb activity was no affair of Brittany's. If that was my kid who had something to say about one of her friend's fb activity, I'd surely tell her it's none of her business, and not let war break out over it.

Does a mother defend the indefensible in more ways than one?

JMO

I live in north suburban Detroit, so this case is somewhat local for me. I feel like I should be following it more closely, but I have so much going on right now that I don't want to become involved in yet another local case. This sounds like a relationship that turned violent and, sadly, I think that Jasmine is no longer alive. I hope LE has things under control and that someone will eventually be held responsible for the lovely young woman's disappearance/death. The likely perp seems to be seeking refuge in the hospital for now, but that won't last forever. :moo:

According to the MSM link that shows Britney's mom, Britney has bipolar and was "a mess". I get the feeling Britney still lived at home with mom, which would place mom within the vicinity when the fight went down. However, that was not confirmed and it could still be hearsay, from Britney to her mom.

Also, the mom said Jasmine has been visiting them for 2 years.

Also, Britney's mom is yet another case of sounding like you are crying, but no tears and not really a crying at all, just a "i want it to sound like i'm crying" type of talking.

Is Britney a suspect? Her mom an accomplice or cover-up? Do we know if Jasmine interacted with anyone other than those two women in the 2 week period?

I watched an interview with Jasmine's mom & dad this morning & neither of them believe the story she just walked away from her friend's house. After doing a bit more digging in SM, I don't believe it either, and I don't think LE does, either.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...ssing-jasmine-moody-plead-for-her-safe-return
"My daughter's out there somewhere and I hope she's still alive," Kidd said. "Which I don't believe because she would have contacted us."
Detroit police say Jasmine was visiting her friend Britney Gurley at her home on Baldwin for Thanksgiving. On Dec. 4 the women allegedly had a fight and Jasmine left - without taking any of her personal belongings.

Police executed a search warrant on the home but it was inconclusive.

"I do not believe the story one bit," Nichols said. "The truth is just not being told - something happened and I would like to know what it was."

Jasmine's parents say the young women met on Twitter and became friends. Jasmine had been to Detroit around the same time last year to visit Britney, but her parents, who live in Arkansas, wanted her home for the holidays.

"She's supposed to be coming home for Thanksgiving and she came on up here instead of coming home," Kidd said. "So when this happened I really didn't know she was here."

I hope Jasmine's parents find her. Looks like a very poor neighborhood that Britney lives in. Jasmine may very well be alive, having been sold to traffickers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back