Found Deceased MI - Jeff Hurley, 34, & Alexandria Foust, 19, Missaukee County, 7 Nov 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for posting this map. IMO is shows how this could easily have been a wrong turn scenario.

Used to vacation up there around Cadillac and Wellston, and poor cell reception would not surprise me. Dense northern Michigan wilderness with a few towns scattered between. Lots of places for hunters, hikers, fishermen to stay. Granted, that was about a decade ago so there might be more sprawl now.
The roads up there are not always well marked; many of the county roads are not paved. Sometimes an old logging road (still in use by snowmobile riders, etc.) or a utility easement can look like a legitimate road, especially if there's a little bit of snow on the ground. Roads curve every which way to go around ponds, etc.

This is a map on the find FB page. You can see how it matches the Google map. (Although not completely) I wonder if Google is more accurate. I would assume so.
cfc234d0f137bf5128c55169ee82b12a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

now i could be wrong and if i am than im sorry but somebody has to say what if they went to the first place they were and got some drugs and then on the way home they said well we cant do it at your house because the kids are there and being that they just got out of jail they couldnt go were he lived you dont want people to know your useing when you just get out of jail so they decide to pull off into this area were none will see them, they get high for a hour or so then since they have been sitting for that long the car sink alil in the mud thus their stuck after that once your high you just start making dumb decisions one after another, this is what i thought from the start

in the hood back in the day that was called being a closet druggy, you look clean and sober always shaven but in reality the person is sneeking off every chance they get, but that **** takes you out of your eliment and you never know the conditions around you, or i watch way to much cops shows, lol

now i could be wrong and if i am than im sorry but somebody has to say what if they went to the first place they were and got some drugs and then on the way home they said well we cant do it at your house because the kids are there and being that they just got out of jail they couldnt go were he lived you dont want people to know your useing when you just get out of jail so they decide to pull off into this area were none will see them, they get high for a hour or so then since they have been sitting for that long the car sink alil in the mud thus their stuck after that once your high you just start making dumb decisions one after another, this is what i thought from the start
I'm curious why you said they "just got out of jail"? I'm looking at posts 9 and 10 that show some arrest records but I'm not seeing anything indicating they were recently released. TIA.

Does this look like it could be Jeff? http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/deputies-ask-for-help-identifying-man

This is in Lake County, a neighboring county to Missaukee and happened 2 days after they went missing. However, the distance is about 75 miles from where their truck was found. Unless someone gave him a ride, it would be hard to figure out how he got there... :thinking:

I thought in the very beginning of this couple going missing that a third person was mentioned that they could be with? -that is if I remembered correctly. ...possibly the third person was the house they stopped off at and that person has been located.

Does this look like it could be Jeff? http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/deputies-ask-for-help-identifying-man

This is in Lake County, a neighboring county to Missaukee and happened 2 days after they went missing. However, the distance is about 75 miles from where their truck was found. Unless someone gave him a ride, it would be hard to figure out how he got there... :thinking:
I don't think it's him. The guy in the video seems older. Still, I must say I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that he could be out there somewhere, alive and well... and I'll just leave it at that. All my opinion only.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the area that the vehicle was found is an area used by hunters?

I wonder if the area that the vehicle was found is an area used by hunters?
It is, which is why they suspended the search until after hunting season. It also said on their find page that area hunters know those woods best and they're hoping one of them finds more evidence.

I just don't get why they'd go into the woods if they went to get help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't get why they'd go into the woods if they went to get help...

I don't understand why they'd call for help at all!

If your car got stuck in the mud, midday, wouldn't you just start walking back the way you came in? If you look at Google maps there are houses visible from the head of the road they were on (especially with all the leaves being off the trees this time of year). The walk back to those homes was less than 2 miles.

It'd be nice to have a VI on this thread so we could get at least a little more information.
There is nothing new in the news at all, that I can find.
There are lots of details out there on SM that it seems people don't want talked about.
As usual in a situation like this, people are busy guarding reputations when in fact often the very information they are trying to keep quiet may be the key in what happened to these folks.
Just a general observation and one we see in so many cases and also my opinion only.
At a time like this, when people are MISSING and the search for them is not being productive, I really wish people would throw out the notion of protecting reputations. If I were out there missing, I'd want them to open every closet, let every skeleton out so that people could FIND me! We could clean up my reputation after I was rescued because if I end up dead, well, what good does it do to have my secrets kept?
Sorry, it's just frustrating when there are lives on the line, possibly.

The police are not releasing any information, which is frustrating. There are searches being held and no one even knows where the clothing articles were found so they have a jumping off point.
(To me, that makes it seem like they suspect foul play.)

It'd be nice to have a VI on this thread so we could get at least a little more information.
There is nothing new in the news at all, that I can find.
There are lots of details out there on SM that it seems people don't want talked about.
As usual in a situation like this, people are busy guarding reputations when in fact often the very information they are trying to keep quiet may be the key in what happened to these folks.
Just a general observation and one we see in so many cases and also my opinion only.
At a time like this, when people are MISSING and the search for them is not being productive, I really wish people would throw out the notion of protecting reputations. If I were out there missing, I'd want them to open every closet, let every skeleton out so that people could FIND me! We could clean up my reputation after I was rescued because if I end up dead, well, what good does it do to have my secrets kept?
Sorry, it's just frustrating when there are lives on the line, possibly.

Amen, amen. I just posted something voicing the same exact feelings on another thread I’ve been following for several months. What’s the point in “protecting” someone’s reputation if they can’t be found alive for that very fact that’s being withheld? So frustrating.

Amen, amen. I just posted something voicing the same exact feelings on another thread I’ve been following for several months. What’s the point in “protecting” someone’s reputation if they can’t be found alive for that very fact that’s being withheld? So frustrating.

Still searching: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/12/03/searchers-scour-swamp-for-couple-missing-for-nearly-1-month/

Volunteers have searched part of a northern Michigan swamp for a man and a woman who’ve been missing nearly a month.

WWTV-TV reports that 12 volunteers joined six members of the Wexaukee Amateur Radio Club during Saturday’s search for 34-year-old Jeff Hurley of Prudenville and 19-year-old Alexandria Foust of Cadillac.

The search of the Dead Stream Swamp began near the site where hunters found Hurley’s truck stuck in mud Nov. 7 in a wooded area of Missaukee County.

More at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025