MI MI - Jeffrey Willis - Suspected SK in Muskegon County, MI

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM^

I've only read a little, thus far, about the Rebekah Bletsch case but the little I've read leads me to believe that there was a struggle, hence the "bruises to her wrists, hands, back and a leg" and perhaps the reason he shot Rebekah was because it was proving too difficult to get her into his vehicle?. Maybe he saw/heard a vehicle approaching?. imo

Thank you for finding that information. Rebekah made the right decision in refusing to get into his vehicle. She was going to be murdered either way, so it was best that she avoided the torture that Willis had planned for her.

I'm wondering whether Lisa Knight, June 2012, Ossineke, MI. is another victim of Willis.

She was last seen leaving her boyfriend's house with no car, and cell phone hasn't been used since that time.

I realize that the location of the police officer's cabin has been posted before, but if anyone has that info handy, could you please repost. I'm curious about the locations of Willis home, cabin, and Ossineke.

The driving distance from Muskegon to Ossineke is 250 to 260 miles. 4 to 5 hours, from the far west part of the state to the north-east.

ETA: The cabin searched was reported as in Mancelona. The driving distance between Mancelona and Ossineke is 110-110 miles; more like 2 hours.

The driving distance from Muskegon to Ossineke is 250 to 260 miles. 4 to 5 hours, from the far west part of the state to the north-east.

For a regular Joe that is a long drive. But for a sexual predator, not long at all. They often roam and go on long day trips by car, in an effort to expand their hunting grounds.

For a regular Joe that is a long drive. But for a sexual predator, not long at all. They often roam and go on long day trips by car, in an effort to expand their hunting grounds.

Sooo true. O/T, I watched an episode of Cold Case Files about this guy last night:

"Selby had been connected by a national DNA databank to the rapes and assaults of 14 girls and women in San Diego; Colorado Springs, Colo.; Tucson; Sparks, Nev.; and Norman, Okla., between September 1999 and May 2002."

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/uniontrib/20041123/news_1m23selby.html

This monster's rape victims ranged from age 9 to 55!!

And if we break out our road atlases, while there isn't what I would call a direct route from Muskegon to Mancelona to Ossineke, Mancelona definitely takes us much closer to Ossineke if we travel north-east across the state of Michigan.

ETA: The cabin searched was reported as in Mancelona. The driving distance between Mancelona and Ossineke is 110-110 miles; more like 2 hours.

Thank you! That's what I'm thinking - that Willis went to the cabin with the intent to abduct a victim two hours away in Ossineke. Investigators need to find Willis' burial site, as there are very likely several victims in the same general location. Bundy left several victims in the same general location until a body was found, and then he found a new location.

Bundy did not bury his victims because he was also into necrophelia, so it's very likely that Willis' victims were not buried right away, although it's possible that he did bury them at some point. It's also possible that the remains were spread around by wildlife. Is there a part of MI where there is more wildlife?

I'm trying to remember the name of the professional photographer who abducted a girl (11 or 12 years old) in his van and drove her to a mountain. He assaulted her, and then left her there. Fortunately, two men and their son (something like that) were farther up the mountain and the last to leave, and they found her walking along the road. They were convinced that she would have been killed during the night by wildlife if she had not been rescued. The reason I bring this up is because he was on a photography vacation when he did this. That is, he was far from home and would not have been a likely suspect except that she survived.

And if we break out our road atlases, while there isn't what I would call a direct route from Muskegon to Mancelona to Ossineke, Mancelona definitely takes us much closer to Ossineke if we travel north-east across the state of Michigan.

The reason that Lisa Knight got my attention is that it happened in June 2012, Jessica was April 2013 (warmer weather), and Lisa's case has absolutely no information, like Jessica, in that they simply vanished with nothing to work with.

If Willis was working on a yearly basis (even though this is all pure speculation atm), there must be a victim in 2015

I'm trying to remember the name of the professional photographer who abducted a girl (11 or 12 years old) in his van and drove her to a mountain. He assaulted her, and then left her there.

I believe you are referring to Jesse Paul Spear, who lived in Manhatten, Montana but drove to Cody, Wyoming to accomplish this abduction and assault.

I agree absolutely that any and all missing women and girls in an expanded area should be considered as possible victims of JW. I am concerned by a quote from this recent article on his latest victims -- the minor neighbor girls who had been video-recorded and photographed without their knowledge.

http://woodtv.com/2016/06/23/jeffrey-willis-to-be-arraigned-on-new-felony-charges/

The officer is quoted in the article as saying something to the effect that they already have multiple serious charges, enough to keep Willis in prison, so why keep charging him? But like the possible scores of unknown victims of Robert Ben Roades, there are families who have lost loved ones. Families never stop wondering what happened to their loved ones and need answers. Every victim, every family.

I believe you are referring to Jesse Paul Spear, who lived in Manhatten, Montana but drove to Cody, Wyoming to accomplish this abduction and assault.

Thank you! That's exactly who I was thinking of. He's a good example of someone who is very careful to commit crimes away from home.

I'm wondering whether Lisa Knight, June 2012, Ossineke, MI. is another victim of Willis.

She was last seen leaving her boyfriend's house with no car, and cell phone hasn't been used since that time.

I realize that the location of the police officer's cabin has been posted before, but if anyone has that info handy, could you please repost. I'm curious about the locations of Willis home, cabin, and Ossineke.
The cabin/land is about 180 miles north of the Norton Shores gas station where Jessica was last seen.

The land is owned by the family of Norton Shores Police Officer Shawn Stefanich, a friend of Willis, according to the report. It’s in the Antrim County village of Mancelona, about 180 miles north of the Norton Shores gas station where Heeringa was last seen in April 2013.
http://woodtv.com/2016/06/23/msp-searched-n-mi-property-for-heeringa-after-willis-arrest/

Attached Image: http://woodtv.com/2016/06/23/msp-searched-n-mi-property-for-heeringa-after-willis-arrest/

Attachments

• SS Wood TV.PNG
    SS Wood TV.PNG
    402.1 KB · Views: 26
Looking at the attached image (with inset on map) posted above (#174) the cabin appears to be in the vicinity of Scholl Rd, Mancelona. Shortest route from there to Ossineke is 1 hour 45 min (88.8 miles)

Google maps: https://goo.gl/glqJcf

Looking at the attached image (with inset on map) posted above (#174) the cabin appears to be in the vicinity of Scholl Rd, Mancelona. Shortest route from there to Ossineke is 1 hour 45 min (88.8 miles)

Google maps: https://goo.gl/glqJcf

I'm going to have a closer look at the locations of Chelsea Bruck, Lisa Knight, and the search locations later - may have time to put a quick map together.

I agree absolutely that any and all missing women and girls in an expanded area should be considered as possible victims of JW. I am concerned by a quote from this recent article on his latest victims -- the minor neighbor girls who had been video-recorded and photographed without their knowledge.

http://woodtv.com/2016/06/23/jeffrey-willis-to-be-arraigned-on-new-felony-charges/

The officer is quoted in the article as saying something to the effect that they already have multiple serious charges, enough to keep Willis in prison, so why keep charging him? But like the possible scores of unknown victims of Robert Ben Roades, there are families who have lost loved ones. Families never stop wondering what happened to their loved ones and need answers. Every victim, every family.

That statement by the officer disturbed me too! Just..... Stupid!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back