MI MI - Jeffrey Willis - Suspected SK in Muskegon County, MI

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm on laptop, which limits what I can do, but this is a rough map of what I'm looking at in terms of victims, month / year, and location. If something needs to be corrected, or added, please let me know.

Attachments

• Willis.jpg
    Willis.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 48
The only upside of Willis practicing necrophelia is that he would not have buried the bodies, which means that the remains will be easier to find. Did investigators have cadaver dogs during their forest search? I don't know anything about cadaver dogs, but I'm guessing that if a body decomposed on the ground, there might still be some scent in the area.

I'm on laptop, which limits what I can do, but this is a rough map of what I'm looking at in terms of victims, month / year, and location. If something needs to be corrected, or added, please let me know.

Thanks for doing this Otto much appreciated.

I agree absolutely that any and all missing women and girls in an expanded area should be considered as possible victims of JW. I am concerned by a quote from this recent article on his latest victims -- the minor neighbor girls who had been video-recorded and photographed without their knowledge.

http://woodtv.com/2016/06/23/jeffrey-willis-to-be-arraigned-on-new-felony-charges/

The officer is quoted in the article as saying something to the effect that they already have multiple serious charges, enough to keep Willis in prison, so why keep charging him? But like the possible scores of unknown victims of Robert Ben Roades, there are families who have lost loved ones. Families never stop wondering what happened to their loved ones and need answers. Every victim, every family.

To close cases. Isn't that their job?

I'll add the 15 year old victim from the '90s later today, and if anyone is aware of other victims in the area between 1992 and 2016, please let me know and I'll add their names and locations.

Can we exclude the years where he was married and living with his wife?

I'll add the 15 year old victim from the '90s later today, and if anyone is aware of other victims in the area between 1992 and 2016, please let me know and I'll add their names and locations.

Why would we exclude that time period. He was married with these latest victims.

To close cases. Isn't that their job?

I might be in the minority here but I think he needs to be prosecuted for every victim even if he ends up with a 1,000 years in jail. Each of the victims families need to have their day in court in order to begin to heal and live life with some sort of closure. If I had a daughter and she was raped, tortured and murdered and was told "We aren't going to prosecute in your daughter's case because he is already in jail for life in connection with the rape and murders of victim A and B" I would go balistic. You would feel like your daughter's killing wasn't as important as other victims and that's not right. I know it will cost the state a fortune but it would cost a fortune for each case if they were done by separate perps and not a serial killer.

Yes if you could please add Angela Thornburg that would be great.

Why would we exclude that time period. He was married with these latest victims.

I agree he was fired for watching *advertiser censored* at work in the school in 1999. There is no issue with an adult male watching legal *advertiser censored* if he wants but if he felt the need to do so whilst at work instead of just in his own time he could have been addicted to it at that stage. Obviously we don't know how extreme the *advertiser censored* was but it could have been violent or extreme. He could easily have had consensual relations in a relationship but it wasn't enough to satisfy his sick desires so he committed these evil acts over the years.

It would be great if we could all help to get a list and/or a map of female teens and adults missing or murder unsolved in Michigan from when Jeffrey was a late teen to today. This would mean in the last 28 years as he is 46 now.

I'm looking at NamUs and going through the missing women local to Muskegon and Grand Rapids.

Jahzeel Collazo-Rios aged 19 when missing last seen October 4th 1995 Grand Rapids Michigan aged 39 now.

Latrice Maze aged 26 when missing last seen March 19 2013 in the area of Burton and Division Grand Rapids Michigan aged 29 now.

Stacey Chahorski aged 19 when missing last seen September 15 1988. Age now 47

The last time Stacey spoke to her Mother by telephone she told her she was in North Carolina and was going to be traveling to Flint, MI. and then traveling to Muskegon, MI.

I found a list of Michigan "missing/ unsolved homicide" over at Delayed Justice.
Angela Thornburg isn't listed. :(

Lesa Otberg was found in Muskegon MI ( March 1994), and Jane Doe was found in Wright Township MI (March 1994). These are the first two victims "in a series of sex worker slayings that took place in Grand Rapids, MI, during the 1990s. The remains were found during a time frame when 12 prostitutes were killed and discarded in the vicinity of the Grand Rapids area."

(I'll alert on my post-- not sure if we can link to other forums.)

I think it is a good idea to add the time JW was married to the timeline. There may be spikes when he was single, but obviously he didn't stop completely. His first murder may have occurred shortly after a breakup.

In that article, they've just posted the probable cause transcript. I'm brand new here and I don't know it that's something that can be posted. I'm still working my way through the dos and don'ts of what's allowed.

In that article, they've just posted the probable cause transcript. I'm brand new here and I don't know it that's something that can be posted. I'm still working my way through the dos and don'ts of what's allowed.

That's definitely ok to link here AFAIK since it's an official, public document from the court.

Willis' cousin told authorities Willis is responsible for Heeringa's abduction/murder, and that he was "forced to help". He later contradicted his story however, stating he made everything up.
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/06/jeffrey_willis_cousin_said_he.html

I'm so annoyed about this guy. He needs to tell the truth. Where is Jessica? Don't be a distraction to finding her! What can they do to get him to talk and tell the truth? If it takes a plea deal for him to help find Jessica's remains please consider doing so as long as it can be proven he isn't lying.

Welcome to websleuths and thank you for joining us on this thread. I'm sure a moderator will be happy to answer this enquiry.

Willis' cousin told authorities Willis is responsible for Heeringa's abduction/murder, and that he was "forced to help". He later contradicted his story however, stating he made everything up.
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/06/jeffrey_willis_cousin_said_he.html

I'm so annoyed about this guy. He needs to tell the truth. Where is Jessica? Don't be a distraction to finding her! What can they do to get him to talk and tell the truth? If it takes a plea deal for him to help find Jessica's remains please consider doing so as long as it can be proven he isn't lying.

Welcome to websleuths SheWIll and thank you for joining us on this thread. Many thanks for posting the transcript.

Welcome to websleuths SheWIll and thank you for joining us on this thread. Many thanks for posting the transcript.

Thank you. You're welcome. If he is telling the truth, this time, it will be interesting to find out how Willis forced him to help with Jessica. Willis must have something to hold over his head.

I'm looking at NamUs and going through the missing women local to Muskegon and Grand Rapids.

Jahzeel Collazo-Rios aged 19 when missing last seen October 4th 1995 Grand Rapids Michigan aged 39 now.

Latrice Maze aged 26 when missing last seen March 19 2013 in the area of Burton and Division Grand Rapids Michigan aged 29 now.

Stacey Chahorski aged 19 when missing last seen September 15 1988. Age now 47

The last time Stacey spoke to her Mother by telephone she told her she was in North Carolina and was going to be traveling to Flint, MI. and then traveling to Muskegon, MI.

Here's what I have so far. If anyone notices errors or omissions - please let me know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back