MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think to get her outside and into the vehicle he must have held a weapon towards her or threatened her family? Wonder is she was a smoker and already outside-how did he get her out of the store?

We were wondering if she may have been emptying trash... Dumping water in outside drain.. Etc. when the perp came by...

She does smoke, too...

JMO

We do not have any POI's or Suspects in this case. We can discuss what is known through the media and from law enforcement.

The family and boyfriend are victims and are to be treated as such. No sleuthing or discussing them other than what is known at this time.

No one is to be discussed or sleuthed as a suspect or POI.

Thanks everyone

Ima

ETA...

You can speculate only with what is known, no rumors allowed.

I was thinking perhaps she might have been trying to buy drugs or something? If so, she would go out back and maybe look at what he has (she wouldn't want to be seen doing this) and he pushed her on in....just a thought....all avenues should be considered here!

When it was reported she had $400 in her purse, I wondered about the possibility of drugs. Seems like the money would have been taken if it were a deal gone bad though.

We were wondering if she may have been emptying trash... Dumping water in outside drain.. Etc. when the perp came by...

She does smoke, too...

JMO

her mom says she would help anyone. someone claiming to need help at the pump would get her outside as she would help anyone. according to her mom. but she could have been doing closing duties that involved going outside. didn't the witness say that the van was in back and the light was out back there and she was taken out the back?

I have seen people questioning the color of the sweatshirt, implying that the colors are unusual. I will agree that orange would be an unusual color for a sweatshirt. However, there is an abundance of bright red sweatshirts around because there are a lot of fans of the Detroit Red Wings. I own a bright red Detroit Red Wings sweatshirt, along with other Red Wings apparel, and know many people who do also. It is very common to see people walking around with Red Wings apparel. There is a sports bar called Booyahs on Harvey St (not too far from the gas station). If this individual was a frequent customer of the gas station, there is a chance he was also a frequent customer of the sports bar, assuming that he is a sports fan. Just a thought.

Edit: Google Detroit Red Wings sweatshirt to see the color for yourselves

BBM: Any chance it was Hunter Orange? Thinking about the Holly Bobo case and the similarities in both young woman's looks.

When it was reported she had $400 in her purse, I wondered about the possibility of drugs. Seems like the money would have been taken if it were a deal gone bad though.

Oh yeah. That is a great point! I was thinking maybe the suspect might have just offered them to get her out to the car(but he was really only interested in her perhaps).

What surrounds that lake? Homes? Or is it a rural area?

There are homes, but also rural areas. One point of interest would be the Ross Park area. If the van took a left onto Airport Rd after traveling north for another couple of blocks it would have taken them right to the park.

just a refresher of the description. i had to go find it because i thought it said something about being a heavier build. i suppose it's definitely possible that the RSO that has been referenced upthread could have gained a bit of weight since his picture (but i need to look into it more to see when the pic was taken). i really hope LE is getting closer to finding Jessica. luckily we've had a couple new breaks today (the 911 call and the video). i hope we have an even bigger one tomorrow. once again, i'm feeling guilty for going to sleep in my comfy bed tonight. i wish Jessica could be doing the same. i can't even describe how much we're pulling for you, girl. *HUGS*

Police are describing the driver of the van as a white male, between 30 and 40 years old, about six feet tall, with a medium to heavy build and broad shoulders. The driver had light brown or sandy blonde wavy hair and was last seen wearing a bright red or orange sweatshirt, reports MLive.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ek-suspect-in-reported-abduction-of-mich-mom/

After thinking more about what you said, didn't a witness say they saw them walking together? So maybe he pulled a weapon on her in the store and told her to go with him? Obviously without money she wasn't trying to buy anything? Were her belongings sitting out on the desk?

Computer problems here - is the thread running slow?

In what direction is the apartment where the van with no license plate was spotted?

The apartment is actually in the opposite direction from where the van was traveling. However, that doesn't rule out the van yet. If the suspect is a local, it is easy enough to get back to the apartment complex from where they were traveling.

This thread is moving fast. You leave for a couple of hours and you are pages behind. That's good, though.

That guy was 6'1 and 155 correct? That is REALLY thin. I wouldn't think this guy would be him if that is the case. The suspect is described as broad shouldered which makes me think of a bigger guy. I guess it is possible he had a lot of clothing on.

I haven't seen an estimated weight associated with the suspect in any of the stories I've read. He has been described as having broad shoulders and a heavy build. The weight you listed would contradict that description.

i just have to say... what kind of perp would commit such a crime while wearing a brightly colored sweatshirt?! red or orange?!

She does smoke, too...

JMO

Maybe they've automated this, but when i worked at a gas station we had to do what we called "sticking the tanks" at end of every shift. You had this paste stuff you put on the end of a long stick, opened up the gas storage tanks in the ground and put the stick in--the paste would turn a different color if there was water in the tank (and you couldn't sell that fuel).

The holes for the storage tanks were always at the edge of the property the gas station sits on, as far away from the building as possible.

Any regular customer would know that was normal procedure.

To me, the direction and roadway the suspect vehicle is traveling indicates a local suspect. They are not headed out of town. They are headed right into Muskegon. If the perp were heading to 31 either north or south, why not pick it up just east of the Exxon station?

The direction the vehicle was traveling is actually a great way to make it to I-96 east if you don't want to be seen. From the tavern, the suspect could have continued on Grand Haven Rd for another block or two and taken a right onto Hile Rd and headed east. That would have taken him to I-96 E. Also, if he continued north on Grand Haven Rd, he could have turned right onto I-96 E.

i just have to say... what kind of perp would commit such a crime while wearing a brightly colored sweatshirt?! red or orange?!

The point could be to get attention. Again, any chance it was hunter orange? Could be the same guy in the HB case...

I stated earlier that it was likely a bright red Detroit Red Wings sweatshirt. If true, he wouldn't have stuck out at all. They are actually quite common to see around here.

Which reminds me... can a local tell us what MI athletic teams have red or orange colors?

ETA: answered above :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member