MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to tell. It actually looks like an SUV. I can't tell if the vehicle is on the road or in the parking lot. If it was on the road, it would mean the vehicle is traveling south because the bar is on the east side of GH Rd. That doesn't make sense because you need to travel north on GH to get to the bar.

Also, this seems like a huge leap, but it looks very similar to a Honda CRV. The 911 caller stated that there was a car next to the building and a Honda SUV. He never mentioned a color during the call. It would explain the mysterious third vehicle, though. I would like to think that the man who placed the 911 call would have noticed if the vehicle had left, though. Just throwing that out there.

So that would mean that Jessica was possibly still in the parking lot when the 911 call was made. I wonder if the SUV pulled off after or during the phone call and the witness didn't think anything of it.

Is the suspect "minivan" the one that shows on the police chief's screen in the picture in the post above? To me that looks like a crossover - maybe a Hyundai Santa Fe or something similar.

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 27m
The license plate is not visible from the Homestead video. We're working with the Chief to slow it down for a closer look #firstonfox @FOX17

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 34m
Reviewing surveillance video with Chief Shaw. #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17 pic.twitter.com/itp8G1q2tl

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 56m
1st surveillance -from the Old Homestead Tavern in Norton Shores. I am the ONLY local reporter looking through video with the Chief @fox17

BJDqx_vCQAAf3tb.jpg:large

Another thing noticeable in this pic is the motor cycle across the street. Looks like a Harley Davidson to me. Have we been able to pin point the location of the pic yet?

ETA we just had a huge TS and lost power, so a bit behind.

It's hard to tell. It actually looks like an SUV. I can't tell if the vehicle is on the road or in the parking lot. If it was on the road, it would mean the vehicle is traveling south because the bar is on the east side of GH Rd. That doesn't make sense because you need to travel north on GH to get to the bar.

Also, this seems like a huge leap, but it looks very similar to a Honda CRV. The 911 caller stated that there was a car next to the building and a Honda SUV. He never mentioned a color during the call. It would explain the mysterious third vehicle, though. I would like to think that the man who placed the 911 call would have noticed if the vehicle had left, though. Just throwing that out there.

It's in the parking lot in front of the bar. It looks like that girl is kind of hiding because legally, you aren't supposed to stand so close to any business and smoke anymore. Even a bar.

Is the suspect "minivan" the one that shows on the police chief's screen in the picture in the post above? To me that looks like a crossover - maybe a Hyundai Santa Fe or something similar.

Not a Santa Fe, we have one of those in the family.

nm... read the comment about timestamp.

BJDqx_vCQAAf3tb.jpg:large

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 1h
Reviewing surveillance video with Chief Shaw. #JessicaHeeringa

It's in the parking lot in front of the bar. It looks like that girl is kind of hiding because legally, you aren't supposed to stand so close to any business and smoke anymore. Even a bar.

That's what I thought. Why would the abductor stop at a bar within a mile of the Exxon station, literally minutes after abducting Ms. Heeringa? That doesn't seem to make any sense. I'm thinking that this vehicle has nothing to do with the crime.

I think they may be looking at one of the 2 vehicles that are on the freeway that go speeding by?

I suppose the witness could have mistaken this suv for a minivan. Or this is just not the right vehicle.

Are there any other locals here besides misterGwriter and myself?

I think they may be looking at one of the 2 vehicles that are on the freeway that go speeding by?

Well, although irrelivent at least I know I was working hard. LOL
Im going to see if I can play it frame by frame in windows brb.

The vehicle in the parking lot isn't the vehicle in question. The silver van passes by on the road directly behind that vehicle in the lot. The link to the video is below. However, unless the time stamp is wrong, this vehicle was not involved. The time stamp indicates 10:46 pm and we know that her last transaction occurred at 10:50 pm. It is possible that the time is wrong on the surveillance tape. We're not talking hours here.

http://fox17online.com/2013/04/29/b...spects-van-in-missing-mom-case/#axzz2RpvQ0swg

It's actually not a freeway. The posted speed limit is 35 MPH I believe. The van does appear to be exceeding the speed limit.

Good call. I just watched it again. I was focused on the girl before, but 2 vehicles pass the bar heading North. I can't imagine they'd get plate id that way, but it might tell them which direction he went after leaving the bar.

You might travel this way if you were heading to I96, which runs East across the state. Or you might go this way into Muskegon or Muskegon Heights.

That's what I thought. Why would the abductor stop at a bar within a mile of the Exxon station, literally minutes after abducting Ms. Heeringa? That doesn't seem to make any sense. I'm thinking that this vehicle has nothing to do with the crime.

Unless the cops are being cagey, it cant be the silver crossover parked that we are looking for in this video. One, they keep calling it a van, and that car is clearly not a van. Two, this vid was shot at 2246, 4 minutes before the last sale was rung up by Jessica and I believe the cops said that person is cleared. Three, that camera would have shown the person driving that car leaving and we would have a nice shot of the POI.

it's not the car parked in front of the bar! it's one that drives by on the road just in front of it, going from left to right on the screen, approx. when the time shows 22:46:45 (which is 10:46 and 45 seconds) on the recording. it's hard to tell its a van until right when it's starting to go off screen... but IT IS a silver van that looks just like a town & country! OMGOMGOMG

so, that would have been when he was driving towards the gas station, right? since it was before 10:50, when she had her last customer?

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...nce-video-of-minivan-in-jessica-heeringa-case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech