MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WDIV hasn't updated their website article about Jessica, but on the 5:00 news there was a reporter at Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) in Romulus. She said that the search for Jessica has extended into metro Detroit and that all airports around the state are on alert for the missing young woman.

I saw that also and I will certainly start really taking note of things I see. I also hope they've taken into consideration there is Oakland International Airport by me, Allegiant Airlines is running commercial routes to Chicago, Provo and Telluride from here now. Private/charter airport otherwise.

From the 911 call:

Dispatcher: Muskegon 911. Where is your emergency?
Caller: Um. I don't know if it's an emergency. I just got out of work. I'm at the Exxon station on Sternberg Road. There's nobody here. Um, it wouldn't allow me to pump gas. I just walked inside, there's nobody. There's a car here. There's another car out front. But it's just very suspicious why there's nobody here.
Dispatcher: Did you yell or anything or...?
Caller: Yeah, I hollered 'hey' and walked around the building. I don't know.
Dispatcher: It's still open, right?
Caller: Yeah, when you walk in, the bell goes ding, ding, ding. The cashier is supposed to be there, but I don't see anyone.
Caller: It just seems strange. I come here after work. I come here all the time for gas.
Caller: I'd hate to the anyone come in and grab and run, you know.
Dispatcher: If you feel comfortable staying there, I do have an officer notified.
Caller: I'm just concerned that nobody's hurt.

**Note: The caller specified he gets out of work at 11 p.m.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/jessica-heeringa-abduction-911-call

The Cheese..........wow. Thanks for your excellent reporting here.

That call is in a study of itself (to me).

4 People cleared....

Police have interviewed and cleared four people of interest, including the woman's fiance, another man she knew, a regular customer of hers and one other person, according to a source familiar with the police investigation. They underwent polygraph tests, and their alibis were checked out, the source said.

From the 911 call:

Caller: Um. I don't know if it's an emergency. I just got out of work. I'm at the Exxon station on Sternberg Road. There's nobody here. Um, it wouldn't allow me to pump gas. I just walked inside, there's nobody. There's a car here. There's another car out front. But it's just very suspicious why there's nobody here.
Caller: Yeah, when you walk in, the bell goes ding, ding, ding. The cashier is supposed to be there, but I don't see anyone.
Caller: It just seems strange. I come here after work. I come here all the time for gas.
Dispatcher: If you feel comfortable staying there, I do have an officer notified.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/jessica-heeringa-abduction-911-call

BBM. So there was a car out front and a car "here"....where is the "here" he is talking about? It sounds like he is saying there were two cars there.....whose was the other car?? Or is he meaning a car other than his car?

BBM. So there was a car out front and a car "here"....where is the "here" he is talking about? It sounds like he is saying there were two cars there.....whose was the other car?? Or is he meaning a car other than his car?

I read in another news article that there were two vehicles in the parking lot. He states during his 911 call that there is a car, a Honda SUV and later states that he has a Jeep and that his Jeep was parked by the pumps. The only parking lot he could have been referring to was the Exxon lot. I wondered about the third vehicle as well. Hopefully that is addressed at some point.

I posted last night that according to the Exxon Mobil website, the location where Ms. Heeringa worked had an ATM. I wonder if police were able to obtain any surveillance footage from the ATM.

I think ATM's only take shots or video of the person at the ATM making a transaction. I don't think they have a longer view like surveillance cameras do.

There is an apartment complex located on Harvey St not far from the Exxon gas station. I drove through to see if there were any vehicles that matched the description. What I found was very peculiar. There was a suspicious silver Town & Country minivan that was parked without a license plate. The area where the plate goes appeared to be a lot cleaner than the rest of the back door, suggesting it may have been removed recently. There was no temporary paper plate in the back window. I know that the apartment complex does not allow non-operational vehicles to be parked on the premises and there was no indication that it was non-operational. Needless to say, a tip was phoned in.

just a thought... what if the perp stole the license plate and put it on his vehicle before (or maybe even after, but my vote is on BEFORE) the abduction? that way if any cameras picked up the van, they'd have the wrong license plate on it... he then does whatever he has done and then switches the plates back to his plates so they'd be looking for the wrong van??

From the 911 call:

Am I missing something here? If he gets off work at 11 pm, how could he buy gas there after work? Doesn't the station close at 11?:waitasec:

Right. There is Homestead bar and a Pizza Hut across from the movies too. But I cant imagine this guy stopping for gas or pizza or anything, so what business would have a camera good enough to capture street traffic?

Muskegon County Airport???

If there are cameras on the runway as you state, especially if there are multiple cameras, there is a good possibility that they were able to capture multiple angles of the vehicle since the road curves around the runway.

I think ATM's only take shots or video of the person at the ATM making a transaction. I don't think they have a longer view like surveillance cameras do.
That is what I was thinking.

Am I missing something here? If he gets off work at 11 pm, how could he buy gas there after work? Doesn't the station close at 11?:waitasec:

The store actually closes at 11:30 pm on Friday nights, per the Exxon Mobil website.

Just praying hard.
I cannot bare to think of her child waiting for her.
Oh Jessica.
praying hard.

Abandoning the vehicle is a very real possibility. It is extremely unusual to see any type of vehicle parked inside of any apartment complex without a license plate. I don't recall observing any other instances of a vehicle being parked without a license plate. The event becomes even more suspicious when the vehicle is located in close proximity to where a crime has been committed and also matches the description of a vehicle police are looking for.

Did you report the minivan in the apt. lot?

Actually, it depends on the ATM. Some use motion to trigger a picture and others use transactions. It may be a long shot but there could potentially be footage if the ATM was positioned correctly and employed motion sensors.

I pressed the thank button on your post. Thanking a thank you means you're welcome. Just in case there was any confusion. :)

I remember a poster, BondJamesBond, who always did that. My thanks button sticks so often I don't want to get carried away!

FOX 17 The license plate is not visible from the Homestead video. We're working with the Chief to slow it down for a closer look #firstonfox @FOX17

eta: **** ! :banghead:

The man who called 911 should be commended. Had he been dishonest he could have filled his tank and seemingly, since there appears to be no cameras, he could have taken whatever he wanted from the store if it was unlocked. His call locked in a very tight timeline in which she disappeared. :thumb:

FOX 17 The license plate is not visible from the Homestead video. We're working with the Chief to slow it down for a closer look #firstonfox @FOX17

eta: **** ! :banghead:

Well that's a bummer. But it's not all for not. Hopefully they will be able to tell if she is in the vehicle. We also know which direction they were traveling. That can be a huge help. Hopefully they will be able to obtain surveillance footage from one or both of the gas stations, assuming they continued north on Grand Haven Rd another few blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24