MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 27m
The license plate is not visible from the Homestead video. We're working with the Chief to slow it down for a closer look #firstonfox @FOX17

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 34m
Reviewing surveillance video with Chief Shaw. #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17 pic.twitter.com/itp8G1q2tl

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 56m
1st surveillance -from the Old Homestead Tavern in Norton Shores. I am the ONLY local reporter looking through video with the Chief @fox17

BJDqx_vCQAAf3tb.jpg:large

I think ATM's only take shots or video of the person at the ATM making a transaction. I don't think they have a longer view like surveillance cameras do.

If it was a spur of the moment crime, maybe he had to stop for cash.

I wish I could see this in real time. It's exciting. Please let us know what it does show.

Old Homestead Tavern?

Correct. I heard a call on the scanner today. At the time, I wasn't sure if it was related to this case or not (and still don't know), but knowing that the van was heading north on GH Rd makes it a possibility. A call came in to report a suspicious vehicle and footprints near the water (Mona Lake) in the Ross Park area. If you take a left from GH Rd onto Airport Rd and head west (the road changes names), it will take you to the Ross Park area. Never heard anything further over the scanner related to that issue. Even if they are related, I'm not sure what it would mean. Also, I want to point out that this is completely speculative at this point.

I saw that also and I will certainly start really taking note of things I see. I also hope they've taken into consideration there is Oakland International Airport by me, Allegiant Airlines is running commercial routes to Chicago, Provo and Telluride from here now. Private/charter airport otherwise.

Grand Rapids (about 30 miles from Norton Shores) and Traverse City (approximately 120 miles) both have sizeable airports with major airlines, international flights, private planes, etc.

If there are cameras on the runway as you state, especially if there are multiple cameras, there is a good possibility that they were able to capture multiple angles of the vehicle since the road curves around the runway.

It seems crazy to me that it would take 3 days to get airport footage though. Wouldn't they think of that right away?

Location & Contact:

4814 Grand Haven Road
Norton Shores, MI 49441
231-798-1356

Description:

The Old Homestead is located on the edge of Norton Shores, and is a definite local favorite.

Newly added Flat Screens, and Giant Projection Big Screen make it a perfect place to watch the game. The Bartenders can handle large crowds of both drinkers, and those looking to order some amazing food off the menu. Here you can also shoot pool, catch a live band, or shake your worries away on the brand new dance floor.

http://www.muskegonnightout.com/bars/325941/old-homestead-tavern-

Is that Jessica in the video? It looks like that girl is hiding from someone

Does that look like a van? Or a SUV?

It's hard to tell. It actually looks like an SUV. I can't tell if the vehicle is on the road or in the parking lot. If it was on the road, it would mean the vehicle is traveling south because the bar is on the east side of GH Rd. That doesn't make sense because you need to travel north on GH to get to the bar.

Also, this seems like a huge leap, but it looks very similar to a Honda CRV. The 911 caller stated that there was a car next to the building and a Honda SUV. He never mentioned a color during the call. It would explain the mysterious third vehicle, though. I would like to think that the man who placed the 911 call would have noticed if the vehicle had left, though. Just throwing that out there.

Not local, but daughter works in Norton Shores and lives in Muskegon. I can tell you a detective ran out of a business dd works at and she called me immediately because she knows I'm following this case. It may not be related to Jessica. But then again....

How can anyone be sure that that's the vehicle that's involved?
It's still uncertain, right?

This may be called jumping the gun and we're all going to be disappointed. Maybe not though.

Is there a person on the chopper (big flash in the way)? Or is it just parked there?

I put the video and the picture on my FB. Hopefully someone has feedback on the vehicle.

Locals...what about Hidden Cove apartments at the North end of Old Grand Haven? It is very marshy back there and leads to Mona Lake Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24