MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it really sucks they didn't have cameras. even if it couldn't identify the suspect on the night she disappeared, they could look back over the last few weeks to see who met the desc and maybe was there a lot, paying her extra attn?

I agree with this entire statement! I mean, it's possible they could have been in the area at that time, but the rest of it makes NO SENSE.

If these witnesses are doing this just to be in the spotlight, then they are creating a huge barrier in the search because now everyone is looking for this particular van and this particular man on their word alone! As far as I know, these two, the fellow employee and her husband, are the only people saying they witnessed this van in the Exxon parking lot and that Jessica was near the van at all.

or putting out a completely wrong description to throw off the cops.

I agree with this entire statement! I mean, it's possible they could have been in the area at that time, but the rest of it makes NO SENSE.

If these witnesses are doing this just to be in the spotlight, then they are creating a huge barrier in the search because now everyone is looking for this particular van and this particular man on their word alone! As far as I know, these two, the fellow employee and her husband, are the only people saying they witnessed this van in the Exxon parking lot and that Jessica was near the van at all.

is the co-worker witness a man or woman?

I am not convinced that she was the specific target. This was not her regular shift. She might have been the target, or it might have been that the suspect knew a female would be working alone and didn't specifically target Jessica.

About the money in her purse...I think it's possible she was paid in cash. It would explain the owner's attitude to some degree...he wouldn't want his finances looked into. Or it was Friday..maybe she picked up her check and cashed it before her shift.

was she covering for someone? whose shift was it usually - the co-worker/witness? suspicious to me.

Re: not sticking around. A rational person probably wouldn't, but IMO (and MOO) people that commit these types of crimes aren't necessarily rational. They often like to stay around and watch the results of their actions.

yah, it's shocking how often they just go about their lives like normal. right where the crime happened.

so what kind of person watches a woman struggle with a man by a van and does nothing??? WTF???

Someone who didn't know that a struggle was going on. I'm not going to blame her at all

She didn't know Jessica was being kidnapped. She was watching from the guitar place.

Pages behind ~ lots of talk about the perp being local ~ would the fact that the van turned around with no lights indicate that the driver originally passed his intended turn? Could he have planned to travel down Sternberg but missed the left turn originally? If so, does that indicate the person overshot the turn (not 100 percent sure of turn) or was he simply scoping out the situation. Maybe the 10:50 pm patron was there at that time so the perp didn't want to arrive on the scene until the customer cleared his way.

Also someone noticed that a van turned around without lights on. How did they make the connection that THAT van ended up at the gas station? Can the two points, A = turnaround spot and B = gas station, be viewed from the same vantage point at the same time. Or, did someone follow the van? Or, is LE trying to link two separate witness accounts together?

Great map otto - the locations are very plain to see - thanks.

I can't say how unfortunate it was that this had to go into it's 5th day. But I can still feel that she's a fighter and we'll get her back.

Pages behind ~ lots of talk about the perp being local ~ would the fact that the van turned around with no lights indicate that the driver originally passed his intended turn? Could he have planned to travel down Sternberg but missed the left turn originally? If so, does that indicate the person overshot the turn (not 100 percent sure of turn) or was he simply scoping out the situation. Maybe the 10:50 pm patron was there at that time so the perp didn't want to arrive on the scene until the customer cleared his way.

Also someone noticed that a van turned around without lights on. How did they make the connection that THAT van ended up at the gas station? Can the two points, A = turnaround spot and B = gas station, be viewed from the same vantage point at the same time. Or, did someone follow the van? Or, is LE trying to link two separate witness accounts together?

It might have been the co worker that went past Mijer's and turned around.

All I know is that someone turned around and came back. (per comment left on FB page).

It might have been the co worker that went past Mijer's and turned around.

All I know is that someone turned around and came back. (per comment left on FB page).

By the time I catch up, maybe some of my questions will be answered. But, based on your reply, that seems so strange to me. The person didn't go to the station to check to see that Jessica was alright. Is that the person who claims J didn't have the back lights on? Was she/he spying on her? Who went and sat behind the guitar store? (where's the scratchy head guy? :waitasec: - here he is!).

I think the DNA in this case comes from a cigarette butt. :twocents:

Jessica's mother said this to a reporter.

It was in the video with the gas station owner ordering reporters of the property.
(Someone please post the link?)

Where we heard that he hired the pretty girls to bring in more customers...
Also where we learned he didn't put in cameras because it cost more than what he had lost in gas driveoffs.

Jessica's Mom pointed out Jessica had a good relationship with her boss, he bought Jessica's son a bike.

In Kyron's case I was sad that there were not cameras.
In this case I'm angry... I feel it was neglectful.
There is a difference between hundreds of kids in a school with adults...
A place that crimes don't occur frequently.

And one young woman working at night in an isolated area, in a profession that is often a target for crime.
I asked my Dad about this, because he owns his own business.

I asked him what the first thing he'd do would be if he owned a gas station in an isolated area.
"Install a security system... it wouldn't only record there, it would record on a hard drive away from there.
If someone comes in and kills me and destroys the camera/VCR there would still be proof of who did it."

He also said a woman would never work alone at night. It would be two people.

This is how my family proved my cousin's case was an abduction.
The wad of hair there in the parking lot.

4:50 into this video Mom talks about what you mentioned above (gas station owner hiring pretty girls, no cameras because it was too expensive)

Police: Jessica Heeringa abducted from gas station - YouTube

I'm in total agreement with everything you said. This was intentional neglience. His attitude and behavior since her abduction continues to show and prove what kind of person he really is. It's disgusting. IMO no regard whatsoever for the safety of his employees, and there were a number of ways to easily protect them.

I commend Jessica's family for committing their focus on finding their beloved Jessica... there will be plenty of time to deal with the owner and Exxon when she is found.

::::snipped respectfully by me for length:::::

:waitasec: I wonder why Jessica had so much cash in her purse? Could her employer have paid her in cash, or had she just cashed her paycheck? Maybe it's just me, but this seems like a lot of money to carry around. I would never carry that much cash in my purse. :moo:

Perhaps she had a bill to pay (like a traffic ticket or something govt. related where they only accept cash...) it's happened to me before and I've had to go find an ATM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to ask if has been asked/answered....can't catch up...why didn't witness(es) follow the van if they didn't intervene?! They could have followed it at the very least!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, so I looked at Google maps. (I know, who hasn't, right?) But there's a shopping center right down the road. Say he didn't have enough time to make sure she was secure, and stopped there to fight with her a little more? That place might also have him on camera, getting out of the vehicle, going around back and getting back into it.

Thx ... I was wondering that too. If the van turned around at Meijers and looped back, where was the witness and what exactly did the witness see? Could the description of the driver and van be based on other witness statements of a van loitering at other gas stations?

By the time I catch up, maybe some of my questions will be answered. But, based on your reply, that seems so strange to me. The person didn't go to the station to check to see that Jessica was alright. Is that the person who claims J didn't have the back lights on? Was she/he spying on her? Who went and sat behind the guitar store? (where's the scratchy head guy? :waitasec: - here he is!).

I believe it was the co worker and her husband who sat behind the guitar store.

someone (maybe the same person) said they saw a van sitting behind the store, cutting the lights etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en