MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean no disrespect, but LE better be more thorough than that. Come on.

Nothing indicates that LE hasn't been very thorough thus far in this case...news is flying rapidly and information is fluid at this point. See posts above.

snipped

Updated: Thursday, 02 May 2013, 6:29 PM EDT

Bolded by news organization

However, Shaw said he was still hopeful because there is no evidence the glasses belong to Heeringa.

"We do not know if those glasses belong to Jessica," he said.

He said they would take the glasses to family members to verify whether they belong to Heeringa and move forward from there.

"I am hopeful, I am so hoping that they are not (Jessica's) and that we are going to find her and bring her home safe," said Shaw.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...a-heeringa-search-at-pj-hoffmaster-state-park

Chief Shaw said, "We do not know if those glasses belong to Jessica."

How did the info turn to fact that the glasses don't belong to Jessica?
Until LE says it, we don't know for sure. :twocents:

Respectfully, answers are in above posts w/links.

The Norton Shores Police Department told FOX 17 NEWS Thursday evening that they checked with Heeringa’s fiance and relatives and the glasses found earlier are not those of the abducted convenience store clerk.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/05/02/glasses-dont-belong-to-jessica-heeringa/#ixzz2SBFoCbgd

Nothing indicates that LE hasn't been very thorough thus far in this case...news is flying rapidly and information is fluid at this point. See posts above.

Oh, I did. Are you reading my posts too? It alarms me that they're searching there because of the glasses. LE must have at least some faith the guy who turned them in is telling the truth.

If my husband lost his glasses, there's no way I'd be able to identify them with 100 percent certainty before having them checked against his prescription - unless they were marked in some way.

The next sentence shows that at the time he made that statement, they had not yet shown the glasses to the family. Since then, they've shown the glasses to the family.

It seems to me like they are burning way too much helicopter fuel for these searches to be based on a hunch. They are going off of cell pings, IMO.

The next sentence shows that at the time he made that statement, they had not yet shown the glasses to the family. Since then, they've shown the glasses to the family.

I'm not sure I could 100% identify my wife's glasses. Just saying.

Oh, I did. Are you reading my posts too? It alarms me that they're searching there because of the glasses. LE must have at least some faith the guy who turned them in is telling the truth.

If my husband lost his glasses, there's no way I'd be able to identify them with 100 percent certainty before having them checked against his prescription - unless they were marked in some way.

I thought they were searching there because some guy said he heard gunshots there a few hours after Jessica was abducted.

Then, after police and media were there searching, a guy brought the glasses to reporter Ken Kohler, and said he found them last night when hiking. Then Ken brought them to the police.

That's my understanding of the news articles anyway.

Statements by Chief were made prior to determination that glasses do not belong to Jessica:

"I am hopeful, I am so hoping that they are not hers and that we are going to find her and bring her home safe," Shaw said before the glasses were determined to not belong to Heeringa.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...a-heeringa-search-at-pj-hoffmaster-state-park

I'm not sure I could 100% identify my wife's glasses. Just saying.

Understood, but looking at the side by side of the found glasses and Jessica in her glasses, I saw obvious differences, primarily distinctly different color and shape.

Also, LE had more than one family member look at the glasses to try to identify them, not just one.

:cow:

What does this mean exactly? It's breaking down or they're making progress? :blushing:
It seems like there are no real leads and that the Chief reacting to anything that comes up. I think he is doing his best but chasing down these types of things inidicates no solid direction to go.

It seems to me like they are burning way too much helicopter fuel for these searches to be based on a hunch. They are going off of cell pings, IMO.

Of a suspect's cell?
Let's hope he is that stupid.

Lots of strange things in this case: A fellow employee seeing a silver minivan behind the station but doesn't report anything odd occuring, nor goes over to gas station to check to make sure fellow employee is ok. Composite drawing photoshopped to look like owner of gas station she disappeared from, circulating the internet and actually derailing the investigation to the point LE is asking people to stop it. Eyeglasses found in an area where gunshots were reported 5 DAYS ago, that is just now being searched. Eyeglasses are not turned in when they are found but the next day, and NOT first thing in the morning, actually taking said sunglasses to media first. (cray-cray)

I think LE is doing the best they can, if only people will stay out of their way and not impede the investigation with red herrings and false leads. Wasting their time could mean the difference between life and death to Jessica and I honestly wish people would realize that, for all their good intentions. IMO, JMO, MOO.

Just talked to the other half and we both agreed that we could not identify each others glasses. I could, however identify my son's glasses because the arms are so bent. They could get dna off of those glasses. Why so quick to say not hers I wonder?

Just talked to the other half and we both agreed that we could not identify each others glasses. I could, however identify my son's glasses because the arms are so bent. They could get dna off of those glasses. Why so quick to say not hers I wonder?

My husband wears glasses and I would not recognize them if they weren't on his face.

Understood, but looking at the side by side of the found glasses and Jessica in her glasses, I saw obvious differences, primarily distinctly different color and shape.

Also, LE had more than one family member look at the glasses to try to identify them, not just one.

:cow:

That's what I think, too. It's easy to see that they are not Jessica's. My husband wears glasses in the shape of those found at the park, My glass frames are more like Jessica's. Big difference. One pair is rounded, the other have flatter sides. I may not be able to spot hubby's glasses for sure out of many but I at least know the shape of what they would look like. In this case, that's all family had to do was look at the shape to know they were not hers. IMO, MOO, where is the little cow. :cow:

Police investigate a pair of glasses found in PJ Hoffmaster State Park similar to some belonging to Jessica Heeringa. (May 2, 2013)

investigate_heeringa_glasses_20130502171641_640_480.JPG

Look closely, the detective has them in his hand.

I'd like to L@@K closely, but...........sorry my vision isn't THAT good!

3. 4300 Grand Haven Rd, Norton Shores, MI 49441 (Coin Zone)
4. S Getty St & E Hume Ave, Muskegon Heights, MI 49444

i'm also working on a map, but it won't be ready until the morning. :)

Did you get a map yet ... I have a bit of time now if we still need a map.

It seems like there are no real leads and that the Chief reacting to anything that comes up. I think he is doing his best but chasing down these types of things inidicates no solid direction to go.

I have no qualms with Chief Shaw. Just don't believe he'd not test the glasses. Let it go - time will tell.

Please don't take questions or wondering out loud about things as criticism of anybody. Lots of information comes into cases that ends up being false leads and is thrown out. Still, the way LE responds has to make sense and the facts shouldn't come from reporters if they didn't receive the update from an official person, e.g., a law enforcement official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member