MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he went sleuthing on his own and is afraid to admit it now. Assuming he was just hiking, surely he wouldn't have been hiking so late it was long after dark. Doesn't the local PD have a 24 hr staffed non-emergency line? And in a case like this, why not just call 911?

It could be nothing other than poor decision making I guess, but geez...

This. I've been to Hoffmaster and there's just no way he stumbled on this. Sorry. Either he's connected or looking for attention.

I just want to point out one fact related to Hoffmaster Park. The vehicle in question was actually traveling AWAY from the Park after leaving the Exxon station. There are reports of a gunshot on Saturday, so perhaps he went there the next day. However, if true, where did he keep her overnight? The easiest way to get to the park from the Exxon station is to turn left and head South on Grand Haven Rd, then turn right and head West on Pontaluna Rd. It takes you right to the park.

Live interview on Channel 17:

Police Chief:

"It has been a very busy afternoon"

"State Police Helicopter was brought in to help with the search."

"Several K-9 Teams are searching for a human scent (in the park)."

He found the glasses last night. Said it was too late to take them to police, I believe. Then showed them first to a reporter this afternoon. Odd. He should have told le about the glasses last night. And he waits until late afternoon to show a reporter?

Chief (paraphrased):

Were able to cancel the rescue team since helicopter was available and were able to use instead of rescue team.

Dogs looking for any human scents around the area where shots were heard.

Last Chief knew, individual [from last evening] still being questioned.

http://fox17online.com/live/#axzz2S30f0zJC

Live News 17 :

Second day of questioning underway with the man questioned late last night. Questioning started around 2PM this afternoon and is still underway.

Police Chief says investigators seem to be having trouble verifying his alibi.

This. I've been to Hoffmaster and there's just no way he stumbled on this. Sorry. Either he's connected or looking for attention.

Not necessarily. He may have been walking near the side of the road. It looks like LE is near the road - unless I misunderstood.
It could be good luck actually - a clue, that is.

Remember when CA took KC to a police department (in Caylee's case in FL)? It was closed so she returned home (with KC) and called 911.

I can't imagine finding something as small as a pair of glasses at Hoffmaster unless you had a very good idea of where to look. It is huge, with dunes, water, woods, campgrounds, picnic areas, visitor centers, nature trails...how would you know where to start?

He found the glasses last night. Said it was too late to take them to police, I believe. Then showed them first to a reporter this afternoon. Odd. He should have told le about the glasses last night. And he waits until late afternoon to show a reporter?

Or, at least call them in! Some peeps aren't too bright. I wonder if he picked them up with his bare hands. :doh:

Oh man, if they are having trouble verifying his alibi, this really could be the guy. Please crack. Please tell where she is.

I get the feeling LE are leaping to chase any lead...which is fine, of course, but makes me think they really have nothing.

Mitch Fick ‏@MCFick 2m
#JessicaHeeringa's fiancé just left NSPD without comment. @FOX17

FOX 17 ‏@FOX17 2m
RT @MCFick #JessicaHeeringa's fiancé just left NSPD without comment. @FOX17

Not necessarily. He may have been walking near the side of the road. It looks like LE is near the road - unless I misunderstood.
It could be good luck actually - a clue, that is.

Remember that CA took KC to a police department (in FL) and it was closed so she returned home (with KC) and called 911.

Im fairly sure that road was one of the interior park roads, not Pontaluna Rd. There are roads that lead back to the beach and visitor center, to a couple of campgrounds, picnic areas. And there is nobody manning the entrance booth until Memorial Day weekend. Until Summer, you can drive in and out whenever you want. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, you have to pay a fee or have a sticker on your car.

Mitch Fick ‏@MCFick 2m
#JessicaHeeringa's fiancé just left NSPD without comment. @FOX17

Think he went to ID the glasses?

My heart is really breaking for the family today. I can't imagine the strain.

Im fairly sure that road was one of the interior park roads, not Pontaluna Rd. There are roads that lead back to the beach and visitor center, to a couple of campgrounds, picnic areas. And there is nobody manning the entrance booth until Memorial Day weekend. Until Summer, you can drive in and out whenever you want. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, you have to pay a fee or have a sticker on your car.

How far is 20 yards? 20 yards equals 60 feet. So that would be like 10 six foot men laying head to toe. That's not near the edge of any road then. They may be looking for drag marks or footprints - or disturbed areas on the ground.

Or better yet be on the LE doorsteps this morning !!! Better yet go look for a police officer last night I sure they have patrolman in cars .. Something is hinkey here

Think he went to ID the glasses?

My heart is really breaking for the family today. I can't imagine the strain.

It scared me when I read he was at the station. My second thought was what you said - to id the glasses. Still how can he or anybody do that and be 100 percent certain. Until it's solved, one never knows though. The tweet was misleading, 'Fiance at police station'.

a poser on the Find Jessica Heeringa FB page said the police station office closes at 5, her mom works there etc.

snipped

Updated: Thursday, 02 May 2013, 6:29 PM EDT

Bolded by news organization

However, Shaw said he was still hopeful because there is no evidence the glasses belong to Heeringa.

"We do not know if those glasses belong to Jessica," he said.

He said they would take the glasses to family members to verify whether they belong to Heeringa and move forward from there.

"I am hopeful, I am so hoping that they are not (Jessica's) and that we are going to find her and bring her home safe," said Shaw.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...a-heeringa-search-at-pj-hoffmaster-state-park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966