MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a poser on the Find Jessica Heeringa FB page said the police station office closes at 5, her mom works there etc.

The city building does close at 5. That's where I get my dog tags. But if you called 911, someone would meet you there. And I think dispatch is in that building, although I am not 100% on that. But either way, if he would have made the effort, someone would have responded.

IMO I am having a hard time with the glasses story and with the co-worker witness ID story. I can't say what motives people would have to lie about these things (although I can guess), but unless we are being extremely underinformed on both situations, neither makes sense to me.

Mitch Fick ‏@MCFick
BREAKING: NSPD says fiancé and sister of #JessicaHeeringa say glasses found in state park ARE NOT Jessica's. @FOX17

Leon Hendrix ‏@LeonHendrix 2m
Fiancé says glasses found at Hoffmaster State Park says do NOT belong to #JessicaHeeringa.

Luke Stier ‏@LukeStier 3m
Norton Shores Police tell us family has seen glasses, tell us they are not Jessica Heeringa's. The search continues. #jessicaheeringa #news8

Slightly O/T

MOO re news organization bolding sentences in their articles: Let your readers judge for themselves what is or is not to be emphasized...are not a forum: Report the News!

<Mod Snip>

<Mod Snip> Sorry I've been of and on today so I'm not as up to speed as usual. Nasty fires burning not to far away and an unhappy 3 yr old that's being forced to stay inside.

As for the search at the park, why is this just now happening? Why were search parties and K9's not out on day 1? So much hindsight in this case, frustrating.

Th fiancé? Wasn't he already cleared early on? Sorry I've been of and on today so I'm not as up to speed as usual. Nasty fires burning not to far away and an unhappy 3 yr old that's being forced to stay inside.

As for the search at the park, why is this just now happening? Why were search parties and K9's not out on day 1? So much hindsight in this case, frustrating.

no, the man who found the glasses.

also, her fiance just said that the glasses are not Jessicas

Mitch Fick &#8207;@MCFick
BREAKING: NSPD says fiancé and sister of #JessicaHeeringa say glasses found in state park ARE NOT Jessica's. @FOX17

Leon Hendrix &#8207;@LeonHendrix 2m
Fiancé says glasses found at Hoffmaster State Park says do NOT belong to #JessicaHeeringa.

Whew! Glad they are not hers. I want le to have leads and clues but I am relieved they aren't hers.

Is there still a search going on at the park where the glasses were found?
Using dogs and helicopters? If so, maybe they have another reason to search there...?

Th fiancé? Wasn't he already cleared early on? Sorry I've been of and on today so I'm not as up to speed as usual. Nasty fires burning not to far away and an unhappy 3 yr old that's being forced to stay inside.

"We have no information connecting the gun shots to the Jessica Heeringa case, but we have organized an aerial and ground search of the area," Shaw wrote in an email.

He said that search was ramped up slightly after the discovery of the glasses.

"We are now ramping up a little bit. We closed down a section of the park and we are now doing a dog search," Shaw said.

About a half-dozen officers were at the park as of 6 p.m. Michigan State Police K9 units were used and an MSP helicopter aided in the search.

Reminders to Self, MO:

https://twitter.com/LeonHendrix

---Cops: News staffer "overheard" officer talking about shots fired and reported misinformation linking it to Heeringa case. It is NOT related.

---Big cases bring the best/worst out of us newsies. I hope we can save the "BREAKING" of non-info & focus on #JessicaHeeringa, not ourselves.

I'm not going to start suspecting this man until LE says anything about him being a POI.

I agree. Because stranger things have happened and I'd hate for people to be afraid to come forward with any clues or potential evidence.

If they are Jessica's glasses, at least, it would be a break in the case.
Let's keep in mind too that someone could be trying to throw LE off (buying time) from searches narrowing in on the real location the crime was committed or a dump site. While LE is busy over there, the perp feels safe from being found out.

The more time inbetween the abduction and discovery of a body (which may not be the crime scene), the less likely LE will solve the crime. Because DNA and decomposition get destroyed with each passing day. If it rains, more evidence is lost.

What a roller-coaster for the family! So heartbreaking to have to identify something that could possibly belong to your loved one. I can't even imagine the panic to get to the PD and then the mixed emotions of relief at it not being hers, yet the anguish of still no solid leads.:frown: Bless this family.

snipped

BBM

Police were already headed to the park for a search before news of the glasses became available. Shaw said the search is in response to a tip of shots fired on Saturday morning and a reported sighting of the minivan similar to the one in which police believe Heeringa was abducted. Police believe the tip was credible, but are also aware Saturday was the first day of turkey hunting season and the park borders an area in which hunting is permitted.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...a-heeringa-search-at-pj-hoffmaster-state-park

I agree. Because stranger things have happened and I'd hate for people to be afraid to come forward with any clues or potential evidence.

If they are Jessica's glasses, at least, it would be a break in the case.
Let's keep in mind too that someone could be trying to throw LE off (buying time) from searches narrowing in on the real location the crime was committed or a dump site. While LE is busy over there, the perp feels safe from being found out.

The more time inbetween the abduction and discovery of a body (which may not be the crime scene), the less likely LE will solve the crime. Because DNA and decomposition get destroyed with each passing day. If it rains, more evidence is lost.

i'm sure they are talking to him just to be sure.

and I'm glad the glasses are not Jessica's

Ann Marie LaFlamme &#8207;@AnnMarieLaFlamm 2m
MSP Helicopter now responding to another tip in the search for #JessicaHeeringa @fox17

no, the man who found the glasses.

also, her fiance just said that the glasses are not Jessicas

How could he possibly be so certain? You'd think the prescription would need to be checked or outruled by DNA.

Plus, LE is conducting a big search of the area the glasses were allegedly found.

Seems a little premature to me.

snipped

Updated: Thursday, 02 May 2013, 6:29 PM EDT

Bolded by news organization

However, Shaw said he was still hopeful because there is no evidence the glasses belong to Heeringa.

"We do not know if those glasses belong to Jessica," he said.

He said they would take the glasses to family members to verify whether they belong to Heeringa and move forward from there.

"I am hopeful, I am so hoping that they are not (Jessica's) and that we are going to find her and bring her home safe," said Shaw.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...a-heeringa-search-at-pj-hoffmaster-state-park

I mean no disrespect, but LE better be more thorough than that. Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maym