MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm
K-9 units search for clues in the disappearance of #JessicaHeeringa @fox17 pic.twitter.com/8KKPvqjAwZ

Mitch Fick ‏@MCFick 59s
Fiancé of #JessicaHeeringa is currently here at Norton Shores Police Department. @FOX17

ruh-roh. Let's hope he didn't borrow JH's grandparent's van last Friday night.

snipped

BBM

24 Hour News 8 sent a photo of the glasses to the Norton Shores Police Department and then led investigators back to where the glasses were found.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...a-heeringa-search-at-pj-hoffmaster-state-park

snipped

"I found these yesterday when I was hiking on the trial and it was too late to bring them to the Norton Shores police," the man who found the glasses told 24 Hour News 8.

"Jessica Heeringa is actually a relative of my friend," he went on to say. "These are prescription glasses. They look an awful lot like ones she had on in the photo."

The glasses are weathered and appear to have a hairline fracture in one of the lenses.[/I]

Idk...pretty sure NSPD is available 24/7. Just one more odd occurance on a long list of them.

Leon Hendrix ‏@LeonHendrix
#JessicaHeeringa loved ones just showed up at PD. Seemed urgent. Likely wanting information about what's happening now.

Oh, maybe they're at the police station for an update. Doesn't LE usually go to them though?

Brett Thomas ‏@daybrett 1m
Man brought glasses to 24 Hour News 8's Ken Kolker. Says he found them yesterday while hiking #JessicaHeeringa

I don't get it... Was this guy just in the dark about this case, or did he really handle potential evidence and then hand it to reporters instead of LE??

witness saw a minivan in the park after hearing gunshots. but it is hunting season.

I live in south Louisiana where it's a hunter/fisherman's paradise. They sure don't hunt in a minivan.

Why is LLL's profile not in the Michigan Department of Corrections?

Those glasses do not appear to be her glasses as represented in her picture, imo.

Yeah, how is it too late? It's a police department. And I hope he didn't collect them, and left them where they were.

I don't get it... Was this guy just in the dark about this case, or did he really handle potential evidence and then hand it to reporters instead of LE??

According to him Jessica is related to a friend of his and they look like her glasses.

The family members could be looking at the glasses? To id them?

A man showed 24 Hour News 8 a pair of glasses found in the park that are similar to those Heeringa has been seen wearing in photos. 24 Hour News 8 sent a photo of the glasses to the Norton Shores Police Department.

Oh no! Sounds like he's singing like a bird! Prayers for Jessica and her family.

I'm not big on coincidences when it comes to organized search parties. The news report stated the search was organized today. Why would they send out a search party at 5 PM ? Why not in the early morning, at 9 AM for example ?

They have been questioning someone all morning. And then organize a search party for this afternoon. Go to a specific location and find a pair of glasses.

Does sound kinda hinky. Usually these searches are organized well in advance and publicized, not spur of the moment like that. Something is up. IMO.

Brett Thomas ‏@daybrett 52s
@danbsek He says he found it last night. All the PD's were closed. Yeah, strange. We'll see . . .

I'm trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but really??? You found them yesterday and didn't call LE. Your first thought was to show them to a reporter? :banghead:

Same goes for local news station, MOO.

How did they lead ["led"] investigators to the location? Did they go to the location with individual first prior to calling/sending info to LE?

snipped

24 Hour News 8 sent a photo of the glasses to the Norton Shores Police Department and then led investigators to where the glasses were found about 20 years [??] off the road that runs through Hoffmaster.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...a-heeringa-search-at-pj-hoffmaster-state-park

He found the glasses at night in the park ? Check out the map of that park, it's huge. And no street lights, pitch black at night.

Maybe he went sleuthing on his own and is afraid to admit it now. Assuming he was just hiking, surely he wouldn't have been hiking so late it was long after dark. Doesn't the local PD have a 24 hr staffed non-emergency line? And in a case like this, why not just call 911?

It could be nothing other than poor decision making I guess, but geez...

I thought that was from 2009?

What address is that? his former or current address?

I also heard it was the wrong house ???

It was the wrong house. His house is actually two more houses to the right if looking at the house with the open garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966