MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

You know watching that video, there are two minivans coming and going behind the reporter. What if this guy went south instead of north and we are seeing a completely different van going north on surveillance that has nothing to do with this? Maybe we should be looking at what is south. I believe Flutterby80 mentioned Coopersville being south where there have been other complaints of a guy harrassing other gas station clerks. Are there surveillance camera from businesses going that direction?

You know watching that video, there are two minivans coming and going behind the reporter. What if this guy went south instead of north and we are seeing a completely different van going north on surveillance that has nothing to do with this? Maybe we should be looking at what is south. I believe Flutterby80 mentioned Coopersville being south where there have been other complaints of a guy harrassing other gas station clerks. Are there surveillance camera from businesses going that direction?

I was gonna say - how quiet of an area is it that one could assume the van seen at the gas station would be the same one seen on the videos (either or both)? Is it so quiet that one could be sure no one else would be driving a gray minivan in that area at that time? Are the roads empty at that time of night?
I just can't see how they can be so sure the van on the videos are THE van.

We will begin the search at approx. 5:00 pm today.

Read more: http://www.rock1017fm.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=125494&article=11251337#ixzz2SCesBxQH

Kind of late in the day to begin a search. Guess it took that long for them to organize it?
I thought it was all focused around the glasses find. Which leads me to think they have nothing. Which makes me think it was opportunity. This is the time of year people open cabins up north. Who has cabins? Families with minivans...sometimes.

Yes, now we know doggie is waiting for momma to come home too.......Now it is Ambien time folks....I've had enough despair here..

Yes, I think it's time I join you with an ambien... Maybe when we awake, there will be some new prospects and better info to go on. Prayers for Jessica and her family.:eek:fftobed:

I am glad to finally be accepted into the fold so I can throw my ideas around. I am by no means good at this investigative thing yet, but things don't sit well.

My theory is this was a crime of opportunity. This is the time of year to open cabins up north. Perhaps this is why nobody recognizes this man.

1. He panicked and turned the wrong way
2. He took Seaway into Muskegon Heights (?) or a more populated area
3. He knows the area because of annual camping/fishing
4. He had a boat waiting somewhere near Lake MI or an access to it

Yes, I think it's time I join you with an ambien... Maybe when we awake, there will be some new prospects and better info to go on. Prayers for Jessica and her family.:eek:fftobed:

Klonopin for me. nite nite.

I am glad to finally be accepted into the fold so I can throw my ideas around. I am by no means good at this investigative thing yet, but things don't sit well.

My theory is this was a crime of opportunity. This is the time of year to open cabins up north. Perhaps this is why nobody recognizes this man.

1. He panicked and turned the wrong way
2. He took Seaway into Muskegon Heights (?) or a more populated area
3. He knows the area because of annual camping/fishing
4. He had a boat waiting somewhere near Lake MI or an access to it
BBM
Ok Ambien hasn't kicked in yet...

Maggie I like where you are going with this. Where are the nearest camping grounds/cabins for turkey hunters? ( They did say turkey hunting began on Sat.) If he had a van could be for his gear possibly if he didn't have a truck? He was also seen wearing a bright orange or red shirt...Hunting gear? Hmmm

OK guys, just noticed that she has on a similar pair of glasses in that link with 11 pictures as the ones that were found earlier. Can't be sure if a match as the pic is blurry but they are more in line with what was found. If anything, it shows she probably had more than one pair.

BJSiT6WCcAAJu3n.jpg:large

jessica-heeringa-pictures-8.jpg

OK guys, just noticed that she has on a similar pair of glasses in that link with 11 pictures as the ones that were found earlier. Can't be sure if a match as the pic is blurry but they are more in line with what was found.

BJSiT6WCcAAJu3n.jpg:large

jessica-heeringa-pictures-8.jpg

Wow! Those sure look very close to a match to me! Is it possible they were an old pair that her fiance didn't know she still had? Hope they checked them for DNA, fingerprints, etc.

Are you guys familiar with SpotCrime? Pretty interesting, but scary.

http://spotcrime.com/#43.158217, -86.22341

They already have Jessica's abduction on the map.

I've never heard of this website before.

I notice there was a "suspicious situation" event tagged right around the gas station on 11/25/12 (thanksgiving?) at 2pm. There doesn't seem to be a legend to describe what an event labeled 'other'/suspicious situation is...

http://spotcrime.com/crime/35070446-786525fdab68a5db27b9e5a9d4acac01

I've never heard of this website before.

I notice there was a "suspicious situation" event tagged right around the gas station on 11/25/12 (thanksgiving?) at 2pm. There doesn't seem to be a legend to describe what a 'other'/suspicious situation is...

Yes, and another "suspicious situation" in the 1100 block where the gas station is on 4/3/13 but it's at 2:47 pm.

I've been reading way too much on this case tonight, it hits too close to home both figuratively and literally, I live in Mi (a little bit further north, but close enough that this is all over the local news) and I've worked third shift and closing shift at gas stations and hotels for years. I hope they find her soon. It being a turkey hunter and a crime of opportunity just doesn't feel right to me, just my opinion. Here's why I think that, first off there have allegedly been past issues with a "creeper" hanging around other local businesses late at night, in a similar vehicle; also, it would be a huge stroke of "luck" for the abductor to just happen upon a woman working alone at closing time. How did he know that she didn't have a coworker inside? Or someone coming to pick her up? I would almost bet money that she's seen this guy hanging around before, and though you might think that she would have mentioned it to someone I can say from my own experience that sometimes you get sick of everyone worrying about your dangerous job, so you don't tell your family and friends about every creepy guy and weirdo that bugs you because it happens more often than you really want to think about. Sometimes it's scary, sometimes you have to call the cops, but when you have kids at home and bills to pay you try to push the worries out of your mind.
As for turkey season, it doesn't actually start for most hunters until the 6th. The ones that are hunting right now are a very limited number and only in certain areas. http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10958_10969_12072-30342--,00.html I'm not saying it's not a possiblity, I just don't find it likely. The closest destination that looks likely to me on a map would be Mona Lake or the main highway out of town.

Looking at the maps ... just a guess ... but I'm wondering if he went south on 96.

Maybe not ... very confusing ... maybe someone local can say what highway and what direction is most likely given the route known so far.

Just looking at the map and going by the direction it looks like it's going on the video, hopping on the highway and heading north to 31 seems more likely to me. If he was trying to go south he could have just gone the other direction from the gas station.
Something jumped out at me when I looked at the map and the street view.. the dumpster is waaay back away from the road, behind the car wash. If this guy was familiar with her routine, he might have known she was likely to be back there. He could have even been watching her from the parking lot of the strip mall or the hot dog place.

Oh nearest. I am not sure. Most people own their own property unless they were on a chartered hunt. Ludington, Baldwin. Too many little camping towns to count. Yeah Michigan is Mossy Oak wearing country all the time.

Wow! Those sure look very close to a match to me! Is it possible they were an old pair that her fiance didn't know she still had? Hope they checked them for DNA, fingerprints, etc.
I read that a lady comes in regularly and Jessica had been wearing taped glasses. Can we confirm that?

A couple pages back it was mentioned that her fiance has had to fix her glasses a bunch of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95