MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you click on the CBSnews.com, in the updated article from 12:50pm today they talk about the events of yesterday because when you click on CBS Detroit in their article, it takes you to the May 2nd article about the gunshots fired at the park.

Oh good grief. Do these news stations not employ editors?

trying not to get my hopes up, but LE says they're miles ahead of square one and now they're questioning someone else at the PD?

Good to hear of any activity on this case, but it's hard not to be doubtful that anyone walking in and voluntarily speaking to the PD is the actual perp. It's the guys not coming in on their own that are more likely suspects. I'd guess the actual perp would do anything to avoid talking to the police and if caught and brought in for questioning would immediately lawyer up. But ya never know, stranger things than a guilty man putting the noose around his own neck happen everyday .

Good to hear of any activity on this case, but it's hard not to be doubtful that anyone walking in and voluntarily speaking to the PD is the actual perp. It's the guys not coming in on their own that are more likely suspects. I'd guess the actual perp would do anything to avoid talking to the police and if caught and brought in for questioning would immediately lawyer up. But ya never know, stranger things than a guilty man putting the noose around his own neck happen everyday .

Maybe someone came in to collect the reward. By questioning, could they mean as in tipster?

@ChrisZoladz: Owner's not fooling anyone RT @Hannah_Saunders Signs posted at every Exxon pump where #JessicaHeeringa was last seen http://t.co/0KDLgkMAzc

The owner is a real piece of work.

Never trust anything someone says that they believe requires multiple exclamation points to get you to believe.

Probably he is taping now. However, it's clear he was not before, or we wouldn't be here right now and Jessica likely would be.

So Jessica started counting money, while the station was still open and the door unlocked? Something is off here.

But okay, maybe the perp forced her to do that. But why did he leave all the money intact? Weird.

Or, the possibility number three, she knew the perp well enough to trust him that much and take the cash drawer out in his presence.
45 minutes before closing? Unlikely she was counting unless she was leaving early. Which puts a whole new spin on why she called to say she was going to be home right after work. Somethings are not sitting well with me.

@ChrisZoladz: Owner's not fooling anyone RT @Hannah_Saunders Signs posted at every Exxon pump where #JessicaHeeringa was last seen http://t.co/0KDLgkMAzc

Wow! I almost have no words!!! Then if "you" are being video taped, then pray tell where's the video of Jessica? Can you say Passive aggressive much? Sounds like he has an Ax to Grind with everyone that was calling him out on the fact that previously he had no cameras, or no working cameras, whatever the case may be.....

Maybe someone came in to collect the reward. By questioning, could they mean as in tipster?

That'd be better news than the police dutifully questioning RSO after RSO. The latter work they have to do, but it seems unlikely to turn up the actual perp or Jessica.

I still think the guy's name is likely in the transaction history of that Exxon station. Even if it's only there one time. If it cross references with DMV records on vehicle type or other factors, it's a more solid lead than a time and resource consuming RSO roll-call.

You might even prioritize which RSO's you question in what order by how frequently their name shows up in the gas stations transaction history. Course, some won't, if they only used cash. But it's still something concrete to go on.

My guess would be that cretins are taking advantage of the no-camera exposure and attempting to steal gas. That would make sense.

I personally highly doubt it I don't think she would willingly leave her little boy and cause her family so much worry. If Jessica did leave willingly why did she leave her purse and car? Where would she get the money to live and get somewhere to stay? How did she get to where she was going without anyone knowing? Why leave before her shift had ended?

I had the same question ...everything points to an abduction though. Somebody posted earlier that her fiancé was about to lose his job and she was working extra hours. I can't find the post now but that hasn't been reported.

My guess would be that cretins are taking advantage of the no-camera exposure and attempting to steal gas. That would make sense.

Hmmm... would serve him right!! Kind of poetic justice...:floorlaugh:

45 minutes before closing? Unlikely she was counting unless she was leaving early. Which puts a whole new spin on why she called to say she was going to be home right after work. Somethings are not sitting well with me.

Maybe the gas station did what many fast food restaurants do--do drive thru only for a half-hour or hour at the end of the night. Except in this case, it would be "pay at the pump" only after 11 pm. Dunno. Owner might've left it up to the employee on duty, whether they turned the bolt on the store and said pay at the pump only. Sounds like they might've been also authorizing the pumps from inside even for pay the pump folks at that hour? "Go ahead pump 6" some gas stations will say over the loudspeaker, even if you're paying at the pump, for whatever reason.

Also, one thing is that Jessica wasn't actually working the 3rd or overnight shift.

And while Michigan does not currently have a state law like NM's regarding staffing and security procedures between 11 pm and 7 am, I wonder if Exxon itself had policies in place for their franchises. And that's why the owner might allow the employees to lock down the store and count their drawer at 11 pm but still allow a few more pay at the pump customers? If that was in fact the case. I have no idea if it was.

that is, he couldn't force them to stay open past 11 pm without violating the terms of his franchise agreement with Exxon, so he made it kinda optional and only for 30 mins? Some reporter should sweet talk the owner guy into doing an interview. It could clear up a lot of questions about the closing practices of the gas station.

Hmmm... would serve him right!! Kind of poetic justice...:floorlaugh:

Maybe I'm too nice (bahaha), but I just can't make the owner out to be a villain. Thoughtless and a tightwad in the worst way- yes. But he's guilty of nothing else thus far. :)

Wow! I almost have no words!!! Then if "you" are being video taped, then pray tell where's the video of Jessica? Can you say Passive aggressive much? Sounds like he has an Ax to Grind with everyone that was calling him out on the fact that previously he had no cameras, or no working cameras, whatever the case may be.....
. !!!!!!!omg he's like a 13 year old girl!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! After the 7th one his voice is heard

Since we all seem to be pondering the cash drawer situation, I came up with a scenario that could fit.

She's got the door locked already, drawer out on the counter (this would put it at after 11pm) the abductor pulls his van up in front of the door, blocking the view from the road "just in case" He knocks on the door and, since she seems like the type that wouldn't want to be rude to a customer, she opens the door to see what he needs, thinking it must be important or that she's just going to tell him that they're already closed (these are based on real life scenarios that have happened in my former life as a gas station clerk) and as soon as she's outside the building he grabs her. He may have tazed her, which would explain why she wasn't seen in the vehicle, but in reality it doesn't matter how tough you think you are when someone overpowers you. (Something I personally hate to admit, but it's true.)
From there, I don't know, but my amateur gut tells me that the lake and the sketchy hotels in the area are going to play a part in this :/

I can completely see this happening. When I was just a tad older than her, I owned a donut shop. We opened at 4am. If a known customer came to the door early (my partner was out making deliveries), I would let them in and visit while I set up. Sounds unbelievably stupid now but I knew them by name and had chatted with them so many times.

Deliberate staffing his station with pretty young girls and then not providing even basic security procedures (double staffing after dark/at close) or cameras reminds me of the drive thru coffee shops up in Alaska.

I had the same question ...everything points to an abduction though. Somebody posted earlier that her fiancé was about to lose his job and she was working extra hours. I can't find the post now but that hasn't been reported.
I havent learned to do links. I follow both websleuths and msm. I read that Jessicas partners unemployment was running out. So to keep him,her son and herself going she took on overtime work (extra work at night) at the station in addition to her full time day work. good websleuthing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artem1