MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all..

Just some thoughts and observations as I try to play out the scenario of what may have happened. I too agree that unfortunately, she was abducted by someone who wanted to fulfill some type of sexual gratification, fantasy, etc. While I do think it was someone local, I don't think they had any type of friendship/relationship/etc. If anything, I would assume that he's a long time customer who only recently became more friendly, more flirtatious, etc. I don't think she was being stalked (openly) or harassed or by now, (depending on LE) would know more as I would think she would have complained to her fiancé or mother.

I imagine that this individual is "creepy" but maybe flew under the radar as just being "awkward" instead.

If Jessica was getting a head start on wrapping her night (which I would probably do too, especially being a Friday night) she may have started the cash count down process and was interrupted, whether it was by this person she had seen before asking for help OR this perp could have been brazen and had a weapon in hand and forced her out. I still go with the theory that he may have even walked in and complained the pumps weren't working properly or that he needed a phone or something that at first glance, seemed harmless.

I know a lot of people are upset with this particular gas station for not having cameras and I get it, however; having lived in both Ohio and Florida my entire life, I can understand having a false sense of security based on location, rural versus urban, etc. I also don't fault anyone for her working the shift she was on (meaning family) as at her age, the majority of us had jobs that did require later hours. It's all so tragic and sad. It could have happened to any of us. Timing like life sometimes makes no sense.

The other option that makes sense to me is that the perp. could be younger (25-35) and be considered somewhat attractive. Even the sweatshirt color could be a sports team of some sort. I know the picture isn't so hot but the standards of attractiveness varies IMO across the globe. In Ohio, I would probably be considered at least a 7 and in Florida, I am barely a 6 (on the scale I'm making up in my head.) I hope none of this sounds insensitive but just my opinion.. In mid-western America, meth is a very rampant issue and there's a lot of this crime that does seem potentially meth related EXCEPT that money wasn't taken. Although, I think we can all agree that the desired target was JH and not money, free gas or beer.

Someone out there knows this person. He is someone's son, possibly someone's father, and at least someone's neighbor. I would if local, look into camping areas, trailer parks, hotels that operate as weekly rentals, local hospitals for superficial and non life threatening injuries, craigslist for vehicles for sale or anything related to vans (maybe it was a new purchase to the perp,) local watering holes that don't have an upper class patronage, and so on. The scary thing is that this creep could be the upstanding neighbor, the member of your church, the high school gym coach - one never knows. Sorry I'm all over the map - been reading and wanting to chime in but also super busy with life.

Prayers and positive light to all that know and love JH and to all of you here trying to help. Now, I hope this monster is exposed and more importantly, I pray that Jessica is somehow found alive.

one more thing about the lotto scam thing... if the people that were involved in that were the ones who took jessica, they would have taken the money, and anything else that had value, along with her. IMO

the person that took her obviously either doesn't care about the money or didn't think about it because he was so focused on getting the kidnapping task done.

one thing that's stuck out in my mind... the van sort of looks like a newer model. i wonder if the perp has a comfortable (at least) amount of money? maybe he has a well paying job (why he wouldnt take the money from the register or her purse)? perhaps he frequents places where he can hit on women often. judging by the convo he (apparently) had with Jessica earlier that night, it kind of sounds like he thinks he's a ladies man, flirt, etc.

i feel like if this perp was lower income, he would have taken that money. unless he thought it could cause a flaw with his plan and possibly give her a chance to escape at some point. also - there's the "he wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible" aspect and/or he panicked, so he scratched that idea.

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 5m
Chief- Man questioned earlier has been released for the day. Not cleared, yet. #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

one more thing about the lotto scam thing... if the people that were involved in that were the ones who took jessica, they would have taken the money, and anything else that had value, along with her. IMO

the person that took her obviously either doesn't care about the money or didn't think about it because he was so focused on getting the kidnapping task done.

one thing that's stuck out in my mind... the van sort of looks like a newer model. i wonder if the perp has a comfortable (at least) amount of money? maybe he has a well paying job (why he wouldnt take the money from the register or her purse)? perhaps he frequents places where he can hit on women often. judging by the convo he (apparently) had with Jessica earlier that night, it kind of sounds like he thinks he's a ladies man, flirt, etc.

i feel like if this perp was lower income, he would have taken that money. unless he thought it could cause a flaw with his plan and possibly give her a chance to escape at some point. also - there's the "he wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible" aspect and/or he panicked, so he scratched that idea.
I agree, he is comfortable finacially. I believe it was a random occurence.

Not caring about the money or even trying to make it look like a robbery may mean it was spur of the moment. Maybe the guy never had been there before, saw a chance and took it.

Wonder if abductor has posted any profiles on local dating sites? With a photo.

Not caring about the money or even trying to make it look like a robbery may mean it was spur of the moment. Maybe the guy never had been there before, saw a chance and took it.
I agree. The motive was Jessica, and Jessica only. Can the police handle something of this magnatude? This is a serious question. I am by no means saying they are not doing their job. (personally Chief Shaw looks like a sincere man) I just don't know with social media buzzing if this is throwing the investigation off..I feel like focusing on RSO is great but I believe this man has never been caught, or if he was perhaps he was a juvenile offender.

The owner of the service station has been cleared by the police. Yes, he may be going about his business the wrong way to some folks, but he is entitled to do it. He isn't negligent for not having cameras in his store, nor is he evil for how he is coping with this situation. <modsnip>

I agree, he is comfortable finacially. I believe it was a random occurence.

Some of the folks at this site think he might've been driving a nicer-for-the-area cross-over Chrysler-Daimler Benz Pacifica (basically, a benzified Chrysler Town and Country).

http://jalopnik.com/theres-a-new-surveillance-shot-of-the-minivan-that-abdu-486460130

I agree that folks in Michigan know their cars, but the Pacifica and T&C are almost the same vehicle, with different target markets, the Pacifica going after Mercedes Benz type customers.

And the Pacifica was only made for a few years and nowhere near as many on the road as T&C's.

bad for business. folks might get spooked and decide it's safer to get their gas at Meijer down the road.

I wonder how often he'll need to replace those home made signs, after folks with markers and pens start leaving him notes.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and assume there's not a person in town that doesn't know of this abduction. I think it's worse for business to post obnoxious signs that everyone knows is a crock than to post flyers keeping awareness up that one of your employees is missing and needs to be found ASAP because she's likely in danger.

Just went through CL. There are even a million silver/gray vans on there. Why couldn't this dude have driven a Ford Gremlin or something?

I feel like there is a pattern I am missing, I also feel like it is very obvious and we are overlooking it.

It almost makes me ill knowing it is here, and I cannot figure it out.

Just went through CL. There are even a million silver/gray vans on there. Why couldn't this dude have driven a Ford Gremlin or something?
Hahaha oh thank you love..too funny, and true

One of the most common vehicles on the road. Clue? I think so. He is smart...unfortunately. I guess we are lucky it wasn't a dark SUV.

Evening all..

Just some thoughts and observations as I try to play out the scenario of what may have happened. I too agree that unfortunately, she was abducted by someone who wanted to fulfill some type of sexual gratification, fantasy, etc. While I do think it was someone local, I don't think they had any type of friendship/relationship/etc. If anything, I would assume that he's a long time customer who only recently became more friendly, more flirtatious, etc. I don't think she was being stalked (openly) or harassed or by now, (depending on LE) would know more as I would think she would have complained to her fiancé or mother...

BBM
I agree that she wasn't being harassed or stalked openly.

I believe any stalking was done covertly. He had to walk a fine line between watching her and being obvious that he was watching her.

Being as pretty as she is, I'm sure she had a lot of admirers. And I agree that Jessica would have told her mother or fiancé if she thought someone was being overly creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur