MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's true about the van... at least the second one. I'm willing to consider that the first sighting an hour or two before is perhaps unrelated, which makes me wonder about the sketch. It's not that I doubt the witness' sincerity or anything like that, it's just that sometimes in the aftermath of something horrible like this I think it can be easy to read more into someone's behavior than is necessarily there. Then again, perhaps what has been reported in the media as this person's 'unusual' behavior isn't the entire story.

I'm thinking to the Mickey Shunick case and BSL... are there any industries in the area that employ traveling workers? Are there any big construction projects happening right now that may employ workers from throughout the state or perhaps inter-state?
BBM
I know I'm a few pages back but...
You know, msthinksalot, I have been thinking about this ever since Mona Lake was brought up last thread I believe by Flutterby80 when we were discussing possible places the perp could have taken her. IIRC, Flutterby80 mentioned that there was construction on the lake at this time and gave a link to the project.
I keep going back to that and wondering if it's possible that the perp could be working that site and would not be a local, however would know the area due to him having to work there, possibly going to that particular EXXON? Maybe something to think about? Also check out the first comment under the article.
What do you all think?

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/norton_shores_property_owners.html#comments

Good to see you artis. ALOT about this case makes me think back about Mickey.

Me too! I pray it won't end that tragically...I don't know if I can handle another case like that one! That one really did me in for awhile. Hoping that Jessica is found soon, but I am extremely worried to say the least.

FOX 17 ‏@FOX17
Minivan driver released but not yet cleared in case of missing gas station clerk http://fox17online.com/2013/05/02/m...oned-in-heeringa-disappearance/#axzz2RrVUB46W …

WOOD TV ‏@WOODTV 1m
Jessica Heeringa's family organizing a ground search, but some nearby land is private. http://tinyurl.com/cb85vm6 #jessicaheeringa

WOOD TV ‏@WOODTV 2m
A man questioned in the Jessica Heeringa disappearance case has NOT been cleared. http://tinyurl.com/cb85vm6 #jessicaheeringa

BBM
I know I'm a few pages back but...
You know, msthinksalot, I have been thinking about this ever since Mona Lake was brought up last thread I believe by Flutterby80 when we were discussing possible places the perp could have taken her. IIRC, Flutterby80 mentioned that there was construction on the lake at this time and gave a link to the project.
I keep going back to that and wondering if it's possible that the perp could be working that site and would not be a local, however would know the area due to him having to work there, possibly going to that particular EXXON? Maybe something to think about? Also check out the first comment under the article.
What do you all think?

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/norton_shores_property_owners.html#comments

This wasn't me...mistergwriter, I think. But this is a great point! Lots of road construction in the area right now as well. Something well worth pursuing, I think.

I am really wondering about the van supposedly spotted lurking around Coopersville gas stations as well. Someone from over that way would hop on Seaway Drive SB off Grand Haven Rd, which turns into I96 and heads straight to Coopersville. I haven't heard or read any talk of this since about day 2.

Amanda Jarrett ‏@Amanda_WOODTV 1m
Jessica's family getting briefed by police this am. Family members walking out told me there's no updates #jessicaheeringa

Amanda Jarrett ‏@Amanda_WOODTV 14m
Police continue to sort through tips coming in. Just talked to man who believes he spotted a silver van in the area on Sat #jessicaheeringa

How can you "believe" you saw a silver van in the area? Either you did or you didn't...

All caught up. Need to go get some real coffee, process my thoughts, and I'll be back as soon as I can

Regarding the composite sketch, I would just like to point out that there are 2 people who would have been able to give a description to a sketch artist...right? If not 3?
IIRC, and please correct me if I am wrong.
There is:
witness #1: the co-worker who noted the suspicious activity and saw the "man in the van". If I remember from the beginning of this, the co-worker is a woman. In addition, she may or may not have had a passenger (witness #2: IF true...I'm not sure she had a passenger in her vehicle when watching the suspicious activity). Can anyone help confirm? Then witness #3: the guy who worked nearby and witnessed the strange verbal interaction between Jessica and the "man in the van"...which IIRC this 'odd' interaction was up to 2 hours prior to actual abduction.

Above is what I think I know from following this case. Thus, I think the composite should be pretty accurate and not coming from just 1 person watching a "man in a van" go by a night. IMO IMO

(BTW...I vote for using MITV "Man In the Van" for the perp...cause think I just typed 3 times...)

I believe the girl (co-worker) was with her DH when they saw the van w/ possible perp (by guitar shop)... She even referred to DH by name...

but... I don't have link... It is in my written notes...

ETa... MITV sounds good to me! :D

JMO...JMO...

How can you "believe" you saw a silver van in the area? Either you did or you didn't...

Some people just want to be a part of things I think :banghead: lots of people just want their 5 minutes :moo:

Thanks for the help clarifying the witnesses all! Knew ya could help!

FOX 17 ‏@FOX17
Minivan driver released but not yet cleared in case of missing gas station clerk http://fox17online.com/2013/05/02/m...oned-in-heeringa-disappearance/#axzz2RrVUB46W …

WOOD TV ‏@WOODTV 1m
Jessica Heeringa's family organizing a ground search, but some nearby land is private. http://tinyurl.com/cb85vm6 #jessicaheeringa

WOOD TV ‏@WOODTV 2m
A man questioned in the Jessica Heeringa disappearance case has NOT been cleared. http://tinyurl.com/cb85vm6 #jessicaheeringa

The guy who was questioned by LE WAS NOT CLEARED!

I believe I have heard that sex offenders communicate through computer websites/etc. with each other as they feed their perversions...

through webites/etc....I wonder if this guy has info.... Knows something.... Even if he is not the actual perpetrator in this case...

JMO

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm
Today police plan to sit down with #JessicaHeeringa's family to show them everything they're doing in the investigation. @FOX17

The man being questioned last night by police in the #JessicaHeeringa disappearance has NOT been cleared or named a suspect @FOX17

The guy who was questioned by LE WAS NOT CLEARED!

I believe I have heard that sex offenders communicate through computer websites/etc. with each other as they feed their perversions...

through webites/etc....I wonder if this guy has info.... Knows something.... Even if he is not the actual perpetrator in this case...

JMO

I thought he was in his 60's?

maybe he saw something.

by several people do they mean Jessica's fiance, people in general or do they mean several RSO?

POLICE: Working to get man questioned last night to agree to take a polygraph test. #JessicaHeeringa @fox17

did any of his fb pics have him with longish wavy brown hair parted down the middle?

I know in one of his mugshots he has wavy brown hair parted down the middle.

His fb page is down now but as I recall there was a picture of him with longer hair (like sketch) and one with very long hair (think from years ago). The most recent pics posted were short hair but not sure when they were taken.

POLICE: Working to get man questioned last night to agree to take a polygraph test. #JessicaHeeringa @fox17

If you weren't guilty/had no knowledge, you'd do it to clear yourself, surely

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members