MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Sleuthers!! Catching up here. Can anyone fill me in on the person LE was questioning last night? The one who had their van impounded. Has he been cleared? Any new info on him? TIA!!

I was just saying that the pic was recent. IDK about the haircut. Yes, it was just posted, day before yesterday. As I said, I took it for granted it was a real time pic because of the header. I also mentioned in the last thread that IF he's going to spend a "day with mom/grandma" while Jess might be tied up somewhere in the house or basement we're dealing with a real sick family. Either that or he may not be the one.

Thanks for the info! I don't do facebook much so I am lacking in that department.

Spending the day with gf/grandmom might be significant if you are a profiler.

An old x boyfriend of mine was a deviant alcoholic. He would go for long amounts of time not drinking but I figured out "every time he deep cleaned the house and seemed to get extra organized" he was just in pre-binge mode. Sure enough he would disappear for a week or two.

Spending time with GF/Grandmom might be some kind of distancing himself from the crime. A pattern of sorts.

IDK, jmo

I suppose it's time to let the police do their job. I would be certain every RSO we have linked to has or is being reviewed by police. I just hope it is a local RSO or they are wasting time.

I'm working on a list of businesses or a map along a few routes that would be nice if someone local could drive to look for cameras on businesses and then we could report to police.

Great idea. I saw some businesses I was wondering about when I was looking at the maps, working on a list now...off the top off my head there was sporting goods store & a car dealership as you head nw on the freeway.

Great idea. I saw some businesses I was wondering about when I was looking at the maps, working on a list now...off the top off my head there was sporting goods store & a car dealership as you head nw on the freeway.
A little more challenging to put together than first thought. I also notice Seaway drive is like a highway and is far away from businesses once on it. Surveillance may not help.

Morning Sleuthers!! Catching up here. Can anyone fill me in on the person LE was questioning last night? The one who had their van impounded. Has he been cleared? Any new info on him? TIA!!

Here you go...

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm
Today police plan to sit down with #JessicaHeeringa's family to show them everything they're doing in the investigation. @FOX17

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm
The man being questioned last night by police in the #JessicaHeeringa disappearance has NOT been cleared or named a suspect @FOX17
BBM

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/jessica-heeringa-case-may-2-2013
Several people have been questioned in the case but there are no arrests yet. One man from Muskegon in particular was interviewed for six hours. Police have not cleared him in the investigation, and will continue to talk with him later Thursday.

BBM

hi, they brought in 2 RSO (one, a man in his 60's) was questioned and released. The other one has not been cleared, they are trying to get him to take a poly.

We do not know who this person is yet.

The person driving the van was he going toward Airport rd or was he going pas that? (not that it means anything, this person may have already had a place in mind to take Jess).

Mitch Fick ‏@MCFick 1m
Chief Daniel Shaw says witness who described suspect for sketch says sketch is "exactly the person" they saw. #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

Exactly? hungh, that doesn't make sense. If you told me to describe my wife to a sketch artist I would have a hard time believing they would recreate exactly? Who pays attention to every single detail on a person? Hope wifey doesn't read this : )

Of the sketch is right on, then the person being questioned and asked to take a poly must be a dead ringer for the sketch.

This is the complete tweet. Don't know what it means.

Leon Hendrix ‏@LeonHendrix
Police confirm that man being questioned is cooperating. Is not

ETA He corrected his tweet above

Leon Hendrix ‏@LeonHendrix
Cops say that man in questioning is cooperating..not any more of a "person of interest" than others they've been tipped on

Leon Hendrix ‏@LeonHendrix WOOD TV
Family hears "media reports that we found something...It gets their hopes up." Chief says about out of context #JessicaHeeringa news reports

steve kelso ‏@stevekelso WOOD TV
Chief Dan Shaw calls Jessica Heeringa case biggest of his career. It is beginning to take personal toll on investigators

Questions on my mind today:

1. Was the van stolen or not?

2. Why did the perp hang around for so long, 2 hours or more, according to guitar witness?

3. I noticed that there were many young men posting that they went to the gas station regularly, daily, and they were there that night. I wonder if the perp was being possessive of Jessica, when he "took" her, and was he jealous of all the attention of the younger men? I personally have read 4 or 5 accounts by young men who seen her there that night, who knows how many there were?

4. Where did Jessica "normally" keep her cell phone and cigarettes?

5. I have read that Jessica was a chain smoker. Where did she "normally" smoke while on the job?

6. Why didn't Jessica turn on the light for the back parking lot at the store that night, when it was supposed to be on? Did the perp somehow turn it off? Where was the switch?

Updated: Thursday, May 2 2013, 01:10 PM EDT

Newschannel 3 has confirmed investigators looking into the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa do have a person in custody that they are questioning.

Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw says they picked up this person after receiving numerous tips. Shaw says he's the 25th person pulled over in the last few days. They say this person is not a suspect, but has not yet been cleared of the investigation.

This man was questioned for several hours Wednesday night and Thursday morning. He also owns a gray or silver van.

http://www.wwmt.com/shared/news/fea..."42453_1367514768_1253285845","pt":"twitter"}

Mitch Fick ‏@MCFick 1m
Chief Daniel Shaw says witness who described suspect for sketch says sketch is "exactly the person" they saw. #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

I am not local so I may be wrong. But from what I read I find it hard to believe that the witness at 11:00ish at night could get a good enough look to describe someone. And If she was that concerned to turn around, pull over and watch and study the person that much to give a great description....then why not call police and report something suspicious or drive over to exxon after van left to check on clerk???? I am not being critical of witness....I am just thinking maybe there is another witness LE has not told public about. What does everyone else think?? Does it make sense??

Jessica Heeringa's apparent abduction generating rumors, false information, police chief says

“He’s not a suspect right now. We just want to learn more about him and see if he’s involved,” Shaw said. “Everyone has a different definition of what a person of interest is and what a suspect means. A suspect is a person who we think may be involved.”

Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites lit up Wednesday night as rumors of a possible arrest in the Heeringa case had resulted from a traffic stop. That wasn’t the case at all, Shaw said.

“It’s getting kind of crazy,” Shaw said of the false information getting out to the public. “This is the 20th or so person that we’ve pulled off the streets based on tips and it just happened that one TV crew was there when a traffic stop was made. It’s been turned into a bigger deal that it should be. This is what we’ve been doing for four or five days – interviewing people.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/police_chief_jessica_heeringas.html

Questions on my mind today:

1. Was the van stolen or not?

2. Why did the perp hang around for so long, 2 hours or more, according to guitar witness?

3. I noticed that there were many young men posting that they went to the gas station regularly, daily, and they were there that night. I wonder if the perp was being possessive of Jessica, when he "took" her, and was he jealous of all the attention of the younger men? I personally have read 4 or 5 accounts by young men who seen her there that night, who knows how many there were?

4. Where did Jessica "normally" keep her cell phone and cigarettes?

5. I have read that Jessica was a chain smoker. Where did she "normally" smoke while on the job?

6. Why didn't Jessica turn on the light for the back parking lot at the store that night, when it was supposed to be on? Did the perp somehow turn it off? Where was the switch?

Good questions! Personally, I believe the perp was stalking several gas stations and several girls. He took Jessica because his 'stars' aligned so to speak. She was alone, there were no other customers, etc.

I thought about a smoke break... but very early on in this thread someone pointed out that the cash drawer was 'out'. This would eliminate a smoke break as Jessica wouldn't leave the cash drawer out in that case. I think her leaving the cash would signify a quick exit. Perhaps the perp came rushing in with some 'emergency' out back.

I hadn't heard the lights in the back of the store were 'off'. Is that in an early news report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chefk