MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon Hendrix ‏@LeonHendrix
"I think we probably have 500 persons of interest, if you will. There's a lot of names..." says Chief Daniel Shaw #JessicaHeeringa

The Salvation Army ‏@SArmyKZO 2m
Please join us on this #NationalDayofPrayer in praying for #JessicaHeeringa and all the nameless who have been taken from their families.

More questions:

1. *** Important*** Were K9 dogs brought in from the jail, or were SAR Dogs used in the search?

2. Are there any known homeless/vagrants people in the area?

3. What time did the fitness place across the road close?

I am not local so I may be wrong. But from what I read I find it hard to believe that the witness at 11:00ish at night could get a good enough look to describe someone. And If she was that concerned to turn around, pull over and watch and study the person that much to give a great description....then why not call police and report something suspicious or drive over to exxon after van left to check on clerk???? I am not being critical of witness....I am just thinking maybe there is another witness LE has not told public about. What does everyone else think?? Does it make sense??

I agree that there may be another witness that the police have not publicly mentioned.

I also think that the person who saw the van that night had probably seen the man before at the store.

If he was stalking he may have been at the store a lot. The clerks would know a 'regular' customer and be able to give a good description.

IIRC the person who drove past the Exxon station that night was a co worker. She probably recognized the man as a regular or frequent customer. Or perhaps he had had previous conversations with the co-worker and she was able to give a good description.

Updated: Thursday, May 2 2013, 01:10 PM EDT

Newschannel 3 has confirmed investigators looking into the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa do have a person in custody that they are questioning.

Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw says they picked up this person after receiving numerous tips. Shaw says he's the 25th person pulled over in the last few days. They say this person is not a suspect, but has not yet been cleared of the investigation.

This man was questioned for several hours Wednesday night and Thursday morning. He also owns a gray or silver van.

http://www.wwmt.com/shared/news/fea..."42453_1367514768_1253285845","pt":"twitter"}

I am confused and will need to look back in early thread but at some point did LE confirm this person was a RSO. If so silver/grey van should be marked in their profile. I do not recall and RSO (local) having silver/grey van but maybe not so local and travels to this area for work??

I am confused and will need to look back in early thread but at some point did LE confirm this person was a RSO. If so silver/grey van should be marked in their profile. I do not recall and RSO (local) having silver/grey van but maybe not so local and travels to this area for work??

I Know they brought in a RSO in his 60's he was released and cleared. I assume the other person is a RSO too.

We don't know if any RSO's drive silver vans or not.

It's very possible

Exactly? hungh, that doesn't make sense. If you told me to describe my wife to a sketch artist I would have a hard time believing they would recreate exactly? Who pays attention to every single detail on a person? Hope wifey doesn't read this : )

It's like that Dove commercial that was recently released w/the sketch artist and the women describing both themselves and another woman. None of the sketches (IMO) look EXACTLY like the woman.

It seems like an odd statement to me, too.

More questions:

1. Did Jessica "normally" work on Friday nights?

2. How many industrial plants are there in Norton Shores that run an afternoon and night shift, and what are their shifts?

3. Her cleaning supplies were left as if untouched. At what time did she "normally" start the clean-up routine?

It's like that Dove commercial that was recently released w/the sketch artist and the women describing both themselves and another woman. None of the sketches (IMO) look EXACTLY like the woman.

I think most sketches don't look exactly like the person.

More questions:

1. *** Important*** Were K9 dogs brought in from the jail, or were SAR Dogs used in the search?

2. Are there any known homeless/vagrants people in the area?

3. What time did the fitness place across the road close?

1. mistergwriter said they were looking in the field across from the station this weekend, but I do not know if he saw canines. Good question for him. I also haven't heard either way about dogs at the Exxon station.

2. Hard to speculate on homeless people but Norton Shores is generally pretty middle class. There is no homeless shelter or mission or anything like that. And no downtown. The city of Muskegon has a homeless shelter.

3. The gym is 24 hour with a key pass, which means it is staffed during the day and possibly some evening hours, but members can use their key pass to get into the building 24/7. So it is never closed, per say.

More questions:

1. Did Jessica "normally" work on Friday nights?

2. How many industrial plants are there in Norton Shores that run an afternoon and night shift, and what are their shifts?

3. Her cleaning supplies were left as if untouched. At what time did she "normally" start the clean-up routine?

I can't speak to numbers 1 & 3, except to say that someone in Jessica's family said early on that this was not a regular shift for her, that her boyfriend's unemployment ran out or was due to run out and she was picking up extra shifts.

The one mile stretch on Grand Haven Rd between Sternberg and Pontaluna has an industrial park and many small shops. Many of those do run 3 shifts. I know lots of people who work at GE Aviation down there, and they run 3 shifts. Friday night's second shift would have been getting out around the time Jessica disappeared. One of my first thoughts was that it was a local who worked over there and stopped regularly at the station before or after his shift.
If you check google maps, the one mile strech of Grand Haven Rd to the South of Sternberg to Pontaluna should show you the factories.
Also, go further south past Pontaluna and there are many more factories down side roads that bordeer US31, like Judson Rd and Van Wagoner Rd. Check it out.

Mitch Fick ‏@MCFick
Family of #JessicaHeeringa and NSPD urge people not to take investigation into own hands. Report tips; don't put self in danger. @FOX17

information cut and paste from Michigan Resgistered Sex Offenders Site.

What are the registry responsibilities of sex offenders?
1. Offenders must report in-person to their local law enforcement to verify their address according to the following schedule:

Tier 1 offenders must verify once a year during the first 15 days of January.
Tier 2 offenders must verify twice a year during the first 15 days of January and July.
Tier 3 offenders must verify four times a year during the first 15 days of January, April, July, and October.
2. Offenders must report the following information within three (3) business days:

Change in residence or domicile
Any temporary lodging information other than their residence for more than seven (7) days
Change in place of employment or discontinuation of employment
Vehicle information for vehicles owned or operated by the offender and discontinuation of ownership or use
Legal name changes
Email addresses and screen names
Enrollment at an institution of higher learning or discontinuation of enrollment
3. Offenders must provide the following information during their next verification period:

Any new telephone numbers and discontinuation of telephone numbers
Copies of passport and/or immigration documents
Occupational licensing information
4. Offenders must pay a one-time $50 fee.
5. Offenders must maintain a valid Michigan driver's license or personal identification card.
6. Offenders must sign all required registration forms.
7. Offenders must not reside, work, or loiter in a student safety zone.

****LLL last check in was marked on MRSO site as 4/10/2013. He is a level III offender. That is the highest level there is. So he must check in person 4 times per year. Does anyone know if that means they retake and post updated photo 4 times a year. I am just guessing but I would assume they might. If his head was shaved on 4/10/2013 when he last checked in I would think they would of taken new photo because he does look much different with longer hair than buzz cut!!!****

Welcome 60 Guests! Hopefully today is the day!!

:welcome:

if the witness knew the person they saw at the gas station, they could get an exact sketch. but then they should be able to give a name too.

Folks at Jalopnik think that the police might be chasing the wrong model of mini-van:

http://jalopnik.com/theres-a-new-surveillance-shot-of-the-minivan-that-abdu-486460130

if they are correct, tracking down Chrysler Pacificas would be a much easier task.
The Pacifica was a relatively short-lived (2004-2008) model that was basically a "benzified" Town and Country.

The Town and Country has been around since the late '80's, and it's sold a lot more than the Pacifica--both overall (obviously) but also per year when the Pacifica was in production.

k-bigpic.jpg

information cut and paste from Michigan Resgistered Sex Offenders Site.

What are the registry responsibilities of sex offenders?
1. Offenders must report in-person to their local law enforcement to verify their address according to the following schedule:

Tier 1 offenders must verify once a year during the first 15 days of January.
Tier 2 offenders must verify twice a year during the first 15 days of January and July.
Tier 3 offenders must verify four times a year during the first 15 days of January, April, July, and October.
2. Offenders must report the following information within three (3) business days:

Change in residence or domicile
Any temporary lodging information other than their residence for more than seven (7) days
Change in place of employment or discontinuation of employment
Vehicle information for vehicles owned or operated by the offender and discontinuation of ownership or use
Legal name changes
Email addresses and screen names
Enrollment at an institution of higher learning or discontinuation of enrollment
3. Offenders must provide the following information during their next verification period:

Any new telephone numbers and discontinuation of telephone numbers
Copies of passport and/or immigration documents
Occupational licensing information
4. Offenders must pay a one-time $50 fee.
5. Offenders must maintain a valid Michigan driver's license or personal identification card.
6. Offenders must sign all required registration forms.
7. Offenders must not reside, work, or loiter in a student safety zone.

****LLL last check in was marked on MRSO site as 4/10/2013. He is a level III offender. That is the highest level there is. So he must check in person 4 times per year. Does anyone know if that means they retake and post updated photo 4 times a year. I am just guessing but I would assume they might. If his head was shaved on 4/10/2013 when he last checked in I would think they would of taken new photo because he does look much different with longer hair than buzz cut!!!****

So does that mean that his hair is now buzzed or not buzzed?

I'm confused. Is there a new photo of him from april?

<Mod Snip>
You would think they would take a new photo of a RSO if their hair is styled different, buzzed, colored differently.

I'm still thinking this person knew there were no cameras and waited until end of shift. I don't think this was a crime of opportunity but a crime of obsession. I hope that police are looking at credit/debit card transactions that occur more frequently than others - especially when Jessica worked - and then comparing them to DMV records for face/vehicle similarities.

When you pull up LLL on MRSO site the picture to me looks very much like the sketch. His hair is not buzz cut. It is longer and parted in the middle. What I was trying to say is I assume 4 times per year when they do the in person check in photo would be updated. If that is the case then we know on April 10, 2013 he had long hair parted in the middle.

When you pull up LLL on MRSO site the picture to me looks very much like the sketch. His hair is not buzz cut. It is longer and parted in the middle. What I was trying to say is I assume 4 times per year when they do the in person check in photo would be updated. If that is the case then we know on April 10, 2013 he had long hair parted in the middle.

yep, his hair is parted down the middle. Is that the most recent picture update for the registry?

where did you see the April 10, 2013 date at? I didn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton