MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first time posting on this case too. I looked up ggd & he's listed as having a 2003 silver KIA Sedona - profile of this minivan looks very similar to the one in the videos. This guy may have an FB page using "Jerry" as the first name. If this is him, he is married & is a hunter (going by info on FB pages & his profile photo). However, this guy's hair & eyes don't match the suspect sketch very well. I hope you did turn in this tip to LE. Sometimes details get missed in eyewitness sketches, so you never know.

if he's an RSO he should be reported to FB. they aren't allowed to have FB pages.

She was working alone without even a cell phone? Yikes, if so...

:truce:
My first time posting on this case too. I looked up ggd & he's listed as having a 2003 silver KIA Sedona - profile of this minivan looks very similar to the one in the videos. This guy may have an FB page using "Jerry" as the first name. If this is him, he is married & is a hunter (going by info on FB pages & his profile photo). However, this guy's hair & eyes don't match the suspect sketch very well. I hope you did turn in this tip to LE. Sometimes details get missed in eyewitness sketches, so you never know.
You know I haven't bc the eyes are off and the weight. The van does look very similar,even the wheels

There's an RSO I'm looking at in the GH area with the initials BCC. If he shaved his facial hair and grew his head hair he'd look like the pic/ and description to me.

:wagon: Lalettab! :welcome:

Good, insightful post!

Local info. Is most appreciated here!

:seeya:

is the "creeper" hanging around other businesses the same guy JH called the cops on when he wouldn't leave her gas station in the past?

So they have just released a new clearer video still of the van. Is it just me or does it look like when you zoom in that there is damage to the back right corner panel?????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 68
So they have just released a new clearer video still of the van. Is it just me or does it look like when you zoom in that there is damage to the back right corner panel?????

It did to me...when I was looking at the pic of the Kia Sedona the only thing that didnt look right was that one part. I thought either it was a dent or a ligh reflecting off of it

As soon as I read that I thought the same thing. I have a daughter who was not an angel, but putting myself in the position of her missing/being abducted, I would NEVER say something like that to the press. She must think Jessica's disappearance has something to do with her not being an angel for her to even think to make that type of a comment. IMO, JMO.

That's what I'm thinking...and how long ago was the "past".

It did to me...when I was looking at the pic of the Kia Sedona the only thing that didnt look right was that one part. I thought either it was a dent or a ligh reflecting off of it

looks like a distortion to me. where the image splits.

looks like a distortion to me. where the image splits.

Yep I think this too it doesn't look like a dent to me.

Do we know if Jessica had a gun at all? I also wondered if the gas station has toilets could the perp have been hiding in there then knocked on the back door and Jessica opened it and he grabbed her.

I also wondered about local motels or mobile home sites in the local area that are popular with sex offenders. I'm trying to figure out places where Jessica could have been taken to.

I don't mean to be sexist at all but I just want to please ask ladies on the forum to have a personal alarm, pepper spray, a gun if you wish and definitely keep a cell phone with you at all times particularly if alone. Programme an emergency number into your cell phone so you can dial quick if being attacked. I hope ladies in the local area to North Shores are being extra careful.

I can't tell if it's damage or not, but it wouldn't mean anything if it was.

MANY minivans have damage on the rear corner panel.
I saw 3 silver minivans at Walmart at midnight last night, all damage there.

I don't get it... I owned two minivans and never backed into anything.
(Now in a full size truck... that's another story!)

But it appears to be a very common damage on minivans from backing into poles and stuff. :twocents:

Yep I think this too it doesn't look like a dent to me.

Do we know if Jessica had a gun at all? I also wondered if the gas station has toilets could the perp have been hiding in there then knocked on the back door and Jessica opened it and he grabbed her.

I also wondered about local motels or mobile home sites in the local area that are popular with sex offenders. I'm trying to figure out places where Jessica could have been taken to.

I don't mean to be sexist at all but I just want to please ask ladies on the forum to have a personal alarm, pepper spray, a gun if you wish and definitely keep a cell phone with you at all times particularly if alone. Programme an emergency number into your cell phone so you can dial quick if being attacked. I hope ladies in the local area to North Shores are being extra careful.

Great Call has a phone app. one touch and you're in contact with a trained emergency person who can contact authorities. or you can carry their gps panic button. or both.
stun guns are a good option if you don't want to carry a gun. and pepper spray is a must as you can disable someone from a distance.

I have some questions about the lottery ticket fraud. Was Jessica the only witness who could identify the suspects? Were the police on the verge of making an arrest and the persons involved had to silence Jessica? Could they have hired someone to kidnap and kill her?

Why was there 400 dollars in her purse?
Is this correct?

I really wish I could finish it but there are so many variables. My thoughts would center on her habits - her work schedule, etc. If she worked primarily mornings, then I could see a blue collar type (construction, self-employed, etc), perhaps with an (unknown) past violent and/or sexually deviant history, coming in every morning very early for coffee and a doughnut and shooting the breeze with her (or more importantly, shooting the breeze with others about her). He would probably be a rugged, minimally educated, salt of the earth type in his 40s-50s either divorced or single with a history of unstable sexual relationships or domestic violence. Maturity level and IQ are probably low too, and he has a short fuse.

Or, if she worked primarily mid shift or evenings, it could be someone younger (25-35) with a shy and unstable presence - meaning lack of a steady job, unkempt, loner, etc. Any hint of positive attention would get his fantasy narrative going. Think borderline personality disorder - friendly until someone sets him off via rejection or making him feel dumb, etc. May have past run ins with the law but perhaps not of the violent type.

Either way, if I were the police, I would be scanning every credit/debit card purchase over the last few weeks to few months and try to find a corresponding pattern - particularly matching name to DMV photo to car type. He most certainly had to purchase something there at some point, and the likelihood that he always used cash is slim.

All of the above is speculative and IMO, and certainly open to feedback/criticism, and even adding to the hypothesis if you wish.

It was a crime of obsession. He is obsessed with Jessica's type, but not necessarily Jessica herself.

This guy knew he was going to abduct somebody. He did it on HIS terms.
He picked this station due to its location. I think he had checked out other stations and other workers.

Jessica fit his criteria, but so did others. His prior visit was to determine who would be working.

I do not think that he parked for several hours and watched her. Although remote, there are other shops around. He could have been spotted to easily. I also do not agree that he spoke to others about her. He was too cunning to tip his hand.

He came prepared. He knew what he was going to say to get her out of the station. And he knew what he was going to do once she was out of the station.

The most dangerous time, for him, was getting her in his vehicle.

Up to that point, his plan could be aborted. Excuses could be made.

He needed a window of only 3-5 seconds to secure her once she was out of the store.

I think he parked out back, opened up the back of his van, went into the store saying he needed her help. Maybe he said he dropped his keys in the back (of the van) and couldn't reach them, or some such thing. Whatever it was, he knew Jessica would think she only needed a few seconds to help him.

Once she was in the back of the station, he took a quick glance around, saw no one else, and tazed her while she's reaching in the back of his van. He throws her in a box or handcuffs her or otherwise restrains her. She had to be restrained and low to the ground. He didn't want her moving around while he's driving.

Once she's secured, he knew his getaway route. He chose it on purpose. He wanted to see if anyone was following him. Driving a darker, 'not so busy' road would tell him this.

If his age is indeed 30-40, then he has done this before. He knows how to do it, how to get away with it, and where he's going to go once he's done. Criminal history shows this deviant behavior starts at a younger age than 30-40.

Also, he's average to above average intelligence. He can keep his wits about him. I agree that he doesn't have many friends. He's more of a loner. He's probably involved, married, or whatever, but his spouse is meek and he rules the roost without question.

I believe he went out of his way to use cash for his transactions at the station. He knows credit/debit cards can be too easily traced.

He probably knows the area, but may not be from the area. Several have mentioned hunting and I agree that may be what brings him up that direction. Being a trucker would also.

I think she was being robbed.
The guy had her put the money in her purse as this is happening the guy that calls 911 comes driving into the station causing this guy to flee with Jessica because Jessica knows who he is and he cant leave her there to rat him out.

I don't think its a sex offender and I don't think its this guys van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95