MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I got to thinking, with the last transaction being at 10:55pm, and the call to police being at 11:15pm, then she was probably taken pretty close to 11pm, if I recall correctly that the 911 caller actually arrived at 11:07pm, and that is way early, to me to be counting the money, if she weren't planning to leave before close, because she could do all the cleaning and such before closing and leaving the counting of the money to be the last thing as who would know how many customers would be showing up, and my recollection is that the gas station stays open until 11:30pm on a Friday night, so if it stays open a half hour longer than during the week, then possibly it is busier on Friday nights after 11pm. My Opinion Only.

I still believe the cash drawer was out because Jessica took it out when the perp came in.

I don't think she was sorting the cash for the night because she would have put it away before letting someone in.

I think the perp walked in to abduct her... with a gun or knife.

I believe she assumed robbery not abduction and pulled out the cash drawer to give him the money.

I don't think that anyone in such a situation would bother with pulling the whole drawer out. Just open it, grab the money and give them to the perp. You know, one would do it quickest way possible, to not make the dude with the weapon angry.
And, looking at it from the other side, it's difficult to me to imagine the perp just standing there and doing nothing, during the time Jessica was doing her manipulations with the drawer.

That's why I still cannot understand why the cash drawer was sitting on the counter. And I'd love to know where exactly was this drawer. Near the cash register? On the other end of the counter?

I don't think that anyone in such a situation would bother with pulling the whole drawer out. Just open it, grab the money and give them to the perp. You know, one would do it quickest way possible, to not make the dude with the weapon angry.
And, looking at it from the other side, it's difficult to me to imagine the perp just standing there and doing nothing, during the time Jessica was doing her manipulations with the drawer.

That's why I still cannot understand why the cash drawer was sitting on the counter. And I'd love to know where exactly was this drawer. Near the cash register? On the other end of the counter?

If she was counting the drawer a half hour before closing,and she wanted to leave early, I think she could have locked up the gas station while counting the money, then unlocking the front door during counting the money, because she was familiar with the person who took her, because LE believes that she knows this person, so therefore that could be how come the door was unlocked and the cash drawer still out.
I wonder if she ran the "Z" tape for the night?
In My Opinion Only.....

I am starting to think the hunter scenerio is very plausable.

Michigan DNR Hunting Requirements:

Hunter Orange Clothing Requirements
You may not hunt with any device, or trap with any firearm, on any lands during daylight hunting hours from Aug. 15-April 30 unless you wear a hat, cap, vest, jacket or rain gear of highly visible orange color, commonly referred to as hunter orange. When hunting in any season with a license that authorizes the use of a firearm, you must wear hunter orange except as noted below. During the November firearm deer season, this law applies to all deer hunters, including those hunting with a bow and arrow. The garment featuring hunter orange must be the outermost garment and must be visible from all sides. Camouflage orange garments, with 50 percent or more of the surface in hunter orange, are legal.

Exception: This law does not apply to persons hunting waterfowl, crow, wild turkey, or to persons engaged in the sport of falconry. It does not apply to archery or crossbow bear hunters or to persons who are stationary and in the act of hunting bobcat, coyote or fox. Archery and crossbow deer hunters also are not required to wear hunter orange except during the youth firearm seasons, early antlerless firearm and the November firearm deer season.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_39267-32270--,00.html

This man could be married and the only time he can get away from the wife and kids is when he goes on a "hunting trip". My understanding is Turkey Hunting season started the sunday after Jessica was abducted.

He probably lives within an hour or so from North Shores and has took a couple of half day like trips to "scout out his hunting territory". That would allow him to get familiar with North Shores and stalk a victim.

Tell's wife on Friday, leaving to go on my hunting trip. No time to waste, must abduct his victim quick because his "hunting trip" is probably only a week or so. Keeps her for the week and then (hate to even put it in writing) kills her and disposes of the body. Goes home to the wife. How was the trip. Didn't kill anything this time. Maybe better luck next year. Disgusting thought, but perfect alibie.

I had read in earlier posts that some said a lot of females had turned up missing around the end of april. Can anyone post these occurances. I think there maybe a possible link.

However hunter's orange is not required in spring turkey season. He would be dumb for wearing that out in public and abducting someone. Also on a different subject I detest when people wear their hunting clothes in public, I keep mine meticulously scent free and do not want to get human scents like food,gas, smoke on them etc. I also don't want to look like I star on honey boo boo

However hunter's orange is not required in spring turkey season. He would be dumb for wearing that out in public and abducting someone. Also on a different subject I detest when people wear their hunting clothes in public, I keep mine meticulously scent free and do not want to get human scents like food,gas, smoke on them etc. I also don't want to look like I star on honey boo boo

Unless this is included in his "ploy" to his family/friends. Also, if he got pulled over what better excuse to have a van (possibly with the seats folded down, and a tarp in the back)?
"Going turkey hunting officer." Without the actual intent on "hunting turkey".

Unless this is included in his "ploy" to his family/friends. Also, if he got pulled over what better excuse to have a van (possibly with the seats folded down, and a tarp in the back)?
"Going turkey hunting officer." Without the actual intent on "hunting turkey".

I understand that but he didnt need the orange. So I wonder if he worked road construction. They wear safety orange too

http://gma.yahoo.com/mom-abducted-shift-job-police-193524870--abc-news-topstories.html

In the Video portion of this Good Morning America video at the 57 second point, Jessica's boyfriend says... "I talked to her an hour before this happened. Said she was going to be out early and home quick".
The article was from April 28th, Sunday, and I don't know when the video was from but it is this video that the fiancé states that she was going to be out early.

I wonder if Jessica was intending to hightail it out of the station early because of previous plans with her bf, or because she was creeped out by POI in the van, and wanted to get away from him?

Did Jessica ever leave "early" before?

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/more_details_about_van_suspect.html

By Lynn Moore |
on May 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM, updated May 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM

<snipped>
He said his department has at is disposal any investigative technique available. The FBI and Secret Service are among law enforcement agencies that have offered their assistance.

“The partners that have come to us have said, ‘Whatever you need, we’ll do it for you,’” Shaw said. “We have all the resources available to us and we’re using everyone that we can.”

pMLB2-13220731nm.jpg

pMLB2-13283750nm.jpg
Just a bump.

Baseball season. Tigers are using orange

Hunting is just an alibi. He is trying to convience the wife. Earlier there was a discussion among mebers of the group as to whether hunters even wear orange. The wife probably knows little about the specifics. He wants to look as much like a "hunter" as he can when he leaves the wife. He may or may not go to the woods.

The way you catch him is a plea by LE that operating off a tip, the abductor maybe a hunter. Please let LE know of anyone who may have been on a hunting trip in the area on or around the date of her abduction that was driving or had access to a silver mini-van (hoping it wasn't rented, but I'm sure LE has checked out rented vehicles). Maybe it clicks with the wife or friend at that point, but of course, it couldn't be him.....

What I wanted to find out was based on prior comments of many women missing around the end of april, who and where were they located so you can get a geographical profile of the abductions. That helps define where to search for the possible perp.

Please post specifics of females missing around the start of Turkey season in the Michigan area if you have that info.

I understand that but he didnt need the orange. So I wonder if he worked road construction. They wear safety orange too

Road construction workers, especially contracted ones come from all over too and are gone for weeks at a time. Families (if any) expect these guys to be away from home.
Both hunting and construction are BOTH plausible theories.
BUT I think a road crew worker, doing this alone would be tricky. After you work with a close knit bunch for awhile, they would sense somethings a bit "off". Let alone they stay in hotel rooms at the company's expense. So, doing anything "by themselves" let alone "heinous things" would be tricky.

Public Works (works with Muskegon and Norton Shores) doesn't list the names of contracted companies in their "budget plans" for road work. I looked through it to possibilities as to narrowing down a company and where they were from. Just in-case anyone else was going to take that avenue. I saved the trouble. I guess only City Employees are entitled to that info. IF you feel like a "good read" here's the link.

http://www.muskegon-mi.gov/cresources/2013_Budget_Final_for_web.pdf

I can tell you I am not in any way a hunter, but if I plan to be in the woods during any kind of hunting season, I wear hunter's orange because I don't want to get shot.

Someone may have already posted this, but I checked the turkey hunting season dates for Michigan, and the guaranteed hunting period is May 6 - May 31, so it's a little off. There were some special quota dates from April 22-26, but I don't know how difficult it is to get one of these.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10958_10969_12072-30342--,00.html

The possible connection to Holly Bobo is intriguing, so I was hoping to find something else about the hunting dates that connected the two cases.

I respectfully disagree with this. I was robbed at a fast food place when I was 16. I was so flustered and nervous and afraid, I handed him the entire tray. I didn't want to do anything wrong to make him mad.

I thought the description was an orange shirt or sweatshirt?

Construction workers don't wear orange shirts, they have on vests, that are orange with a reflective strip of usually yellow. I've also seen the whole best being yellow to. Some kind of bright color with a reflective strip so they can be seen in all kinds of light.

Hunters to don't wear that much orange. Usually just something that only covers part of their shirt or hat that is orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia