MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone may have already posted this, but I checked the turkey hunting season dates for Michigan, and the guaranteed hunting period is May 6 - May 31, so it's a little off. There were some special quota dates from April 22-26, but I don't know how difficult it is to get one of these.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10958_10969_12072-30342--,00.html

The registration dates for Turkey Hunting was January 1st to February 1st according to one of the DNR sites I was researching while trying to find a map for the public hunting grounds.

I thought the description was an orange shirt or sweatshirt?

Construction workers don't wear orange shirts, they have on vests, that are orange with a reflective strip of usually yellow. I've also seen the whole best being yellow to. Some kind of bright color with a reflective strip so they can be seen in all kinds of light.

Yea, I figured that out. But exploring all angles is what it's about. I wanted to research it fully before completely ruling it out as a possibility. After all this guy is in deep doo-doo anyway. Imagine if he were a city worker or employee. I'm going back to the original theory of wearing some-sort of hunter attire as a ploy/excuse to have the things he had with him.

A. Van with seats possibly put down and tarp
B. Hunting rifle/knife

Then I am totally confused. Shots were reported near a park the sunday after JH was abducted and Chief Shaw said they were probably a hunter because Turkey season had just started.

Someone may have already posted this, but I checked the turkey hunting season dates for Michigan, and the guaranteed hunting period is May 6 - May 31, so it's a little off. There were some special quota dates from April 22-26, but I don't know how difficult it is to get one of these.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10958_10969_12072-30342--,00.html

The possible connection to Holly Bobo is intriguing, so I was hoping to find something else about the hunting dates that connected the two cases.

Then I am totally confused. Shots were reported near a park the sunday after JH was abducted and Chief Shaw said they were probably a hunter because Turkey season had just started.

Looking a little further on the page it shows April 22nd was opening day for a specific group on all public/private lands.

Exxon is at 1196 E Sternberg Rd. I found a Fire House Music at 1032 E Sternberg Rd. Both are located in Muskegon in zip 49444. Hours of operation at the music store per their website (www.firehouseguitars.com which then translates to geartree.com) are:

Hours of Operation
Mon-Thur 9:00am-5:30pm EST

Friday 9:00am-4:00pm EST

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused:

Great find! Thought provoking.

However, not on the sign is a new "lingerie/intimate toy" store named Cirilla's:

1050 E. Sternberg Road
Norton Shores, MI 49444
231-798-2287
Map

Store Hours
Mon - Thurs : 10am - 10pm
Fr - Sat : 10am - Midnight
Sun : Noon - 10pm

What? h... s... sherlock. Thought provoking.

Does this place have cameras? Why open so late? Oh, it's next to the poker place. duh.

The music store is in a strip mall. People are there after it closes. Also music stores offer events and lessons in the evenings. I phoned silent observer 23172crime with the tip on the drivers hairstyle. Le needs more tips to keep this case moving.

someone asked what dates correlated with Turkey Season in The Holly Bobo Case?
http://www.tn.gov/twra/turkeymain.html

Looks like (to me at least) Turkey was just added back to the big game list in 2012. Anywho the dates are listed in the link for TN. Does anyone else know if very avid hunters would go out of state on a hunting trip. Possible driving 8+hrs to Michigan just to bag a turkey?

I respectfully disagree with this. I was robbed at a fast food place when I was 16. I was so flustered and nervous and afraid, I handed him the entire tray. I didn't want to do anything wrong to make him mad.

And your experience is the reason I think it's very plausible she would do just that! So glad you came out of it ok!! ;)

I posted a link to the Good Morning America video where the fiance stated where she was going to be out early and home quick.

What made her think she could close the store at any time she wanted to? So you just get to close early and go home? This gas station is so screwball it's beyond ridiculous.

LE thinks that she knew this person, so to me, why would she think this person that she knew would rob her? I think maybe that she was going to count the money as in an interview her boyfriend said he talked to her about an hour before this occurred and she said she was going to come home earlier and quickly, so maybe she felt comfortable with this person that she could count the money in front of him. Has it been said if her vehicle was operable, because if it wouldn't start maybe this person said hey I will give you a ride, so he was waiting around while she was closing perhaps? All my opinion of course and my opinion changes daily it seems.

They think he was an acquaintance, yes.
But just because you know a customer doesn't mean you'd let him in while you counted the money.

If Jessica knew him so well then why don't LE have him arrested yet?

I don't think that anyone in such a situation would bother with pulling the whole drawer out. Just open it, grab the money and give them to the perp. You know, one would do it quickest way possible, to not make the dude with the weapon angry.
And, looking at it from the other side, it's difficult to me to imagine the perp just standing there and doing nothing, during the time Jessica was doing her manipulations with the drawer.

That's why I still cannot understand why the cash drawer was sitting on the counter. And I'd love to know where exactly was this drawer. Near the cash register? On the other end of the counter?

No way.
It would take LONGER to pull out the $10's, the $5, the $1's and the $20's...

Especially when you are shaking.
With a weapon in your face, you'd probably drop some and really make him mad.

I respectfully disagree with this. I was robbed at a fast food place when I was 16. I was so flustered and nervous and afraid, I handed him the entire tray. I didn't want to do anything wrong to make him mad.

Yep... me too. This is exactly what I see Jessica doing.
She was used to taking it out to count the money, that would have been easier to do when nervous. :twocents:

What made her think she could close the store at any time she wanted to? So you just get to close early and go home? This gas station is so screwball it's beyond ridiculous.

This owner/manager/whatever he is made it clear his priority was PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT.
If they usually made very little money after 11pm he surely told his ladies to close early if it wasn't busy.
That would save him the money of paying them and keeping the station open.

Looking a little further on the page it shows April 22nd was opening day for a specific group on all public/private lands.

Thanks for helping me make sense of this! I don't know much about the hunting zones/permits, so I missed that part.

I wonder if this gas station had a "Panic Button". Usually that would be near the cash register if there was one.

This owner made it clear his priority was PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT.
If the gas station regularly made very little money after 11pm
he surely told his ladies to close early if it wasn't busy.

When did he make it clear that is priority was PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT?

We can surmise by the lack of security and failure to have adequate safety measures in place, that he was a total cheapskate. But has he actually made that statement?

And they had at least one customer after 11.....aren't they open until midnight? If he was so worried about profits then change the store hours. I'm sure they weren't busy at different times throughout the day. Makes no sense.

I don't think the statement meant she was closing early, I think it meant that she was going to get out as quickly as she possibly could once the store closed.

You can do a lot of pre-work to assure that you get out as fast as possible if your closing. I've closed businesses before, you can clean ahead of time, and then just spot clean after anybody comes in. You can even count your drawer out ahead of time, and then just keep track of money coming and going on new transactions. Saves you time from counting the entire drawer when you close, now you just deal with the last half hour or 15 minutes of transactions.

When did he make it clear that is priority was PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT?

We can surmise by the lack of security and failure to have adequate safety measures in place, that he was a total cheapskate. But has he actually made that statement?

And they had at least one customer after 11.....aren't they open until midnight? If he was so worried about profits then change the store hours. I'm sure they weren't busy at different times throughout the day. Makes no sense.

He said that he didn't put in cameras because he only had $3,000 worth of gas drive offs.
Cameras cost $5,000.
Actually... they didn't cost that. But that is what he SAID.

Only one woman working at night.
No cameras.
Priority is profit, not safety.

If the priority had been safety, the cameras would have been there regardless of the gas drive offs. :twocents:
(For the record, my Dad owns a camera/alarm company. I know a bit about the subject.) :seeya:

I don't think the statement meant she was closing early, I think it meant that she was going to get out as quickly as she possibly could once the store closed.

You can do a lot of pre-work to assure that you get out as fast as possible if your closing. I've closed businesses before, you can clean ahead of time, and then just spot clean after anybody comes in. You can even count your drawer out ahead of time, and then just keep track of money coming and going on new transactions. Saves you time from counting the entire drawer when you close, now you just deal with the last half hour or 15 minutes of transactions.

If she was just going through closing down procedures, she was doing it an hour early. A lot of cash can be exchanged in that time. It just seems inappropriate to me, but maybe not to others....

He said that he didn't put in cameras because he only had $3,000 worth of gas drive offs.
Cameras cost $5,000.
Actually... they didn't cost that. But that is what he SAID.

Only one woman working at night.
No cameras.
Priority is profit, not safety.

If the priority had been safety, the cameras would have been there regardless of the gas drive offs. :twocents:

Drive offs? Is that what he was worried about? He may have a murdered employee whose blood is on his hands now because he couldn't be bothered to install cameras for the safety of his customers and employees. That is why you install cameras. NOT for drive offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia