MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just a question that's been nagging me... when an employee is working a shift on their own... what happens when they have to use the restroom? do they lock up the front door and go?

also - what about lunches? if she was working an 8 hour shift, she would be required to take a lunch break. i can't remember if there has ever been any mention of what time she started work that day/night... so i'm just curious.

just a question that's been nagging me... when an employee is working a shift on their own... what happens when they have to use the restroom? do they lock up the front door and go?

also - what about lunches? if she was working an 8 hour shift, she would be required to take a lunch break. i can't remember if there has ever been any mention of what time she started work that day/night... so i'm just curious.

In my experience when working at a gas station, if I had to use the restroom I would wait until there weren't any customers and run into the restroom and go quickly.

Also, when I worked at a gas station my shift was often 2-11 or 3-11 and there were no official breaks because I was the only one working, and someone needs to be able to help customers. If I needed to eat or drink I would just get it while there were no customers in the store and just eat as I went along.

Not required to give breaks or a lunch break for workers in Mi, if over 18. We only have laws for under 18 concerning this.

In my experience when working at a gas station, if I had to use the restroom I would wait until there weren't any customers and run into the restroom and go quickly.

Also, when I worked at a gas station my shift was often 2-11 or 3-11 and there were no official breaks because I was the only one working, and someone needs to be able to help customers. If I needed to eat or drink I would just get it while there were no customers in the store and just eat as I went along.

Same here (while in Michigan).

I am pretty new to WS and this is my first time posting. I am trying to keep up with this case as much as possible. My question is...Did LE rule out her seeing another man?

The back door changes everything..Why was she and him back there?

Sounds more like a former employee or close friend/relative

The guy could simply have knocked on the back door and Jessica opened it thinking it was a delivery or something. There should have been a camera at the backdoor or at the very least a spy hole. It may not have made a difference though as he would just go round the front.

Sorry if I have asked this before but I don't think anyone knew the answer. Are there public restrooms at the gas station or was there just an employee one inside the shop?

Does anyone else think there may be more than one guy involved? Either a look out to give the other guy the ok to go in or a guy in the back of the van and a driver?

I am starting to think about human trafficking I would imagine someone like Jessica would be very desirable to a gang involved in that.

Do you think Jessica was required to take the trash out at the conclusion of her shift?

I don't see a responsible employee taking trash out, or anything else, with the money tray out in the open and visible on the counter, and the store open. It would be so irresponsible that I have a hard time believing she, or any other employee, wouldn't practice common sense.

I am pretty new to WS and this is my first time posting. I am trying to keep up with this case as much as possible. My question is...Did LE rule out her seeing another man?

It's possible but I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere. I am sure law enforcement have looked into the people in Jessica's life and asked questions about this.

Welcome MEL1980.

:welcome: mel1980!

Welcome MEL1980 thanks for your first post. This is a difficult case any ideas or contributions from anyone are welcomed.

Not required to give breaks or a lunch break for workers in Mi, if over 18. We only have laws for under 18 concerning this.

WOW! ok. in cali, we get in trouble if we dont take our lunch breaks!!! i can't imagine working all day and not getting one!

This is so crazy but I cannot find anything either. I saw a news crew interview the coworker the morning after Jessica went missing. And I watched it more than once! She said that she drove past Exxon with her husband, saw something suspicious, turned around and watched from the guitar store parking lot. She, and her husband, are the witnesses who contributed to the POI sketch. She said she felt terrible that she hadn't done more, but never suspected something like this was happening. The guitar store employee claimed that he did not see the man's face, only saw the van and heard the man's voice.

Come on people, help me out here. Please! I know I saw this. I know others saw it as well. Not only did I see the video, but I saw it referenced in other articles afterwards. Anyone have links?

I understood a combo of yours and imamaze's. I thought it was a co-worker who pulled over after thinking it looked like her parents' van. She and her husband waited and the van drove by them and she saw his face.

I understood a combo of yours and imamaze's. I thought it was a co-worker who pulled over after thinking it looked like her parents' van. She and her husband waited and the van drove by them and she saw his face.

I thought they pulled over because something was amiss, but they were sure about the make and model of the van because it was like her parents'.

I just spent over an hour going through old links and googling and I cannot find the video that I KNOW I saw either April 27 (Saturday) or April 28 (Sunday).

I think the media has been updating their stories instead of posting whole new ones in some cases, because there are other things that are worded differently than they were in the beginning. I've noticed this just in reading the news in general. Sometimes you can save a link, but you go back and it has been altered. It's frustrating.

I thought they pulled over because something was amiss, but they were sure about the make and model of the van because it was like her parents'.

I just spent over an hour going through old links and googling and I cannot find the video that I KNOW I saw either April 27 (Saturday) or April 28 (Sunday).

I think the media has been updating their stories instead of posting whole new ones in some cases, because there are other things that are worded differently than they were in the beginning. I've noticed this just in reading the news in general. Sometimes you can save a link, but you go back and it has been altered. It's frustrating.

I understood that she thought it was her parents and saw the lights go off but then the van drove by and she saw the man in the sketch. I have always thought she recognized him from work and that's why they claimed it was a 10 out of 10.

Thinking of the three recently rescued girls in Cleveland and others like Shawn Hornbeck and Jaycee Dugard, if JH is still being held, we are looking at someone who is rebuffing visitors to his home, most likely missing work and not acting like himself.

I do believe she was taken by someone for a sexual motive but I think it's not an RSO. I don't think this is something he's ever been caught doing.

:twocents:

LE needs some tips. This case is going cold. I think they are no closer to solving than on day one.

Starting to think the sketch is off like others have suggested or the perp is from out of state and not enough people have seen the sketch.

If a local perp, there has been so much coverage in MI someone has to have a strong clue to who did this. They need to call in the tip.

LE needs some tips. This case is going cold. I think they are no closer to solving than on day one.

Starting to think the sketch is off like others have suggested or the perp is from out of state and not enough people have seen the sketch.

If a local perp, there has been so much coverage in MI someone has to have a strong clue to who did this. They need to call in the tip.

I guess they don't have that cool facial recognition software handy that they use on NCIS. I would think, instead of just trying to find similar looking RSO's that they would be looking at the DMV database or something broader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru