MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
woe.be.gone - I love attention to detail. Thank you for that.

She shut the pumps off at 11:00 when closing was midnight? Again, just senseless. But that is just based on my experience working in a gas station 20 years ago. Maybe times really have changed and employees can do whatever....

Does anyone think that the suspect may have come in to use the restroom, and waited for the store to clear out? Are restrooms located inside or outside? Then again, why would she ever count money when a customer was in the store, or could enter the store?

None of the closing procedures in this case make a lick of sense to me.

Thank you. I'm not sure if she shut the pumps off. It was a question being bantered about due to the fact that the 911 caller couldn't get the pump to work at approx. 11:07. That's when he tried to get an attendent's (Jessica) attention.

For the above reason, I've been searching for an official listing of this Exxon's official hours. The first news report I saw listed the closing time as 11:00. Peeps have said that on Friday night they closed later but I didn't see an official hours listing. It's important to know for sure and I'd be interested in what the owner told LE and/or what LE believes the official closing time was supposed to be on Friday night. Very important in order to know if everyone is telling the truth or not. If the official time is 11:30 on Fridays, then no probs. Comprende?

On the other hand, if the gas station normally closed at 11:30 p.m. on Fridays, the abductor may have thought they had a headstart but, not really, because wouldn't they assume more customers would come along within a whole half hour time? If they thought it closed at 11:00, they may have thought they had a head start, in that, no more customers would come along. I wonder if all the lights were on. Someone (on FB?) said the back lights had been turned off and that it was Jessica who was to blame for not keeping the back light turned on per owner's rules. (That was his safely policy. :doh:) Why would she turn the back lights off? Makes no sense especially since she had 400 bucks in cash sitting in her purse on the counter. It's not like she was going to sneak back there to purchase something with all her money sitting on the counter in the front of the store. Very strange.

If the gas station closes at 11:30 (on a Friday night) why were the pumps turned off at 11:00?

(Now, I read that they were turned off a few pages back here, so don't jump down my throat if that is incorrect information. Just tell me that it isn't accurate and I will thank you for it. All I have to go on is information that is being stated here.)

All I know for sure is, if you say you close at 11:30 and I show up wanting gas at 11:25, then you had better still have gas for me. Closing time means you serve the customer until that time. Or has customer service really taken that much of a nosedive?

Speculation, sorry. 911 caller stated he needed an attendant so he could pump gas. I've wondered, if it was 10:59 let's say that she was abducted, if J had already turned ALL the pumps off right before she was grabbed.

I'm assuming most posters have been reading along as we go. That's why it makes a difference if she was closing at 11:00 versus 11:30 p.m.

I haven't seen anyone criticizing what Chief Shaw is doing?
Other than not doing searches... which I still find weird.

Very smart guy... a bit of a workaholic...
I never understood why his freaking secretary couldn't just work that night shift!
Now that I'm an adult I understand that a bit more! :giggle:

He's had A LOT of work experience... gas station... alarm business... electronics... etc.
Normally cases I follow don't bother him. But this one... REALLY bothers him.

I know your dad must really be a softy. ;)

It bothers him because he has seen things and he knows things. And he knows that much of the time those things are PREVENTABLE with a bit of technology and a huge dose of good old common sense. Sadly, the latter is far lacking in our society today.

Yes I believe she is the co worker that was in the guitar parking lot that gave the perp description and the van......
Hink I say! JMO

I think they need to go back to her!

yes, I truly hope they are investigating the married couple/witness in the parking lot. At least to verify their history and relationship with JH and her family. Their account makes no sense whatsoever, and their placement at the scene and time of the crime is highly suspect. They need to explain further why they were there, why they didn't do any more about checking on JH or taking any info about the weird situation they saw. Also, what exactly did they see that was suspect and what view of the gas station did they have? What were they actually able to see?
Also, why was music store guy there "getting gas after work" at 9PM if the music store closed at 5PM.
The witnesses can be throwing everything off by giving erroneous info about the sketch and the van (could have arranged for someone to drive a van around the area to verify their story via surveillance cameras).

I believe their hours were until 11:30.

woe.be.gone - I love attention to detail. Thank you for that.

She shut the pumps off at 11:00 when closing was midnight? Again, just senseless. But that is just based on my experience working in a gas station 20 years ago. Maybe times really have changed and employees can do whatever....

Does anyone think that the suspect may have come in to use the restroom, and waited for the store to clear out? Are restrooms located inside or outside? Then again, why would she ever count money when a customer was in the store, or could enter the store?

None of the closing procedures in this case make a lick of sense to me.

yes, I truly hope they are investigating the married couple/witness in the parking lot. At least to verify their history and relationship with JH and her family. Their account makes no sense whatsoever, and their placement at the scene and time of the crime is highly suspect. They need to explain further why they were there, why they didn't do any more about checking on JH or taking any info about the weird situation they saw. Also, what exactly did they see that was suspect and what view of the gas station did they have? What were they actually able to see?
Also, why was music store guy there "getting gas after work" at 9PM if the music store closed at 5PM.
The witnesses can be throwing everything off by giving erroneous info about the sketch and the van (could have arranged for someone to drive a van around the area to verify their story via surveillance cameras).

Unless the music store guy was working late, like maybe he was giving guitar lessons to someone? My opinion only...

I know your dad must really be a softy. ;)

It bothers him because he has seen things and he knows things. And he knows that much of the time those things are PREVENTABLE with a bit of technology and a huge dose of good old common sense. Sadly, the latter is far lacking in our society today.

Yep, that'd be about right.
I get frustrated at the preventability (I swear that's a word, I looked it up!) of things as well.

Here are a couple things to lighten the thread for a minute. :floorlaugh:

You've all seen Bambi I presume.

My Dad saw that on his first date when he was 12.
When Bambi's Mom got shot...
He cried. His "cold hearted" date did not. :giggle:

Ever seen Honey I Shrunk The Kids?
He cried when the ANT died.

Softy... definitely. :floorlaugh:

Yep, that'd be about right.
I get frustrated at the preventability (I swear that's a word, I looked it up!) of things as well.

Here are a couple things to lighten the thread for a minute. :floorlaugh:

You've all seen Bambi I presume.

My Dad saw that on his first date when he was 12.
When Bambi's Mom got shot...
He cried. His "cold hearted" date did not. :giggle:

Ever seen Honey I Shrunk The Kids?
He cried when the ANT died.

Softy... definitely. :floorlaugh:

I'm going to assume his "cold hearted date" didn't turn out to be your mom. ;)

He cried when the ant died? oh my.

I'm going to assume his "cold hearted date" didn't turn out to be your mom. ;)

He cried when the ant died? oh my.

No... my cold hearted mother was an entirely different date about 10 years later. :floorlaugh:

He also laughed so hard he cried when Elizabeth from the control room played this joke on Nancy Grace...

But then I think we ALL laughed so hard we cried that time. :floorlaugh:
(If you are not a Nancy fan and you have a sense of humor you should totally watch that for a laugh.)

Unless the music store guy was working late, like maybe he was giving guitar lessons to someone? My opinion only...

True that!

but the nagging question for me is what was the co worker doing in that parking lot at 11 pm

Who in this mess was in a place they were not supposed to be? Who was doing something out of the norm?

Jessica was where she was supposed to be.
BF was also.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/more_details_about_van_suspect.html

Wording can be misleading. News sources need to hire good writers.

The latest article above states, "Heeringa disappeared from the Sternberg Road gas station, where she worked as a night clerk and was preparing to close for the evening April 26, around 11 p.m."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/jessica_heeringa_goes_missing.html

This earlier article, April 27, has several comments under it. A comment left by lingr79 states,
"And for your information the store closes at 11 pm." She claims she worked at the same gas station for over two years.

I'm going to look on ABC's site. They may have been the source of the hours I saw given first - maybe on the Saturday GMA show.

Well for my :twocents: worth. Just because LE says they have cleared someone as a POI, I don't believe they are always correct and/or I think they do so sometime to take the heat off them while they watch them in case they slip up.

Oh I must have missed that. thanks!

Well for my :twocents: worth. Just because LE says they have cleared someone as a POI, I don't believe they are always correct and/or I think they do so sometime to take the heat off them while they watch them in case they slip up.

Oh I agree! Anyone can be put on that POI list at any given time.

Here's the sign in the gas station window (at 1:14 mins. in video). It shows 11:30 p.m. closing Monday-Friday, 11:00 p.m closing Saturday-Sunday. Wonder if it's the same sign that's always been there?

The reporter says that "she was supposed to be on her way home."

Her fiance says that he talked to her about an hour before this happened. She said she'd "be out early and home quick".

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/mic...eringa-missing-abducted-north-shores-19064650

I keep going over the info from the beginning. Discrepancies really bother me. Like ABC reporting the last transaction was at 10:55 and then later having reports it was at 10:50. Makes me doubt everything.

No... my cold hearted mother was an entirely different date about 10 years later. :floorlaugh:

He also laughed so hard he cried when Elizabeth from the control room played this joke on Nancy Grace...

But then I think we ALL laughed so hard we cried that time. :floorlaugh:
(If you are not a Nancy fan and you have a sense of humor you should totally watch that for a laugh.)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Oh gosh I needed that break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia