DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to quote myself, but here's a photo comparison FWIW:

article-2316271-1988399D000005DC-984_306x423.jpg
907_gerweck__amber_1109.jpg

Also, here's a map of both locations:
http://goo.gl/maps/7n6lz

I just watched the 43 minute episode about Amber, I was SO relieved to get to the end and find that she was found alive and safe - although she had a serious case of amnesia. Doctors don't know what triggered it or what might have happened to her during her 3.5 weeks she was missing.

But it gives me hope that JH might turn up (600 miles away) safe!

I just watched the 43 minute episode about Amber, I was SO relieved to get to the end and find that she was found alive and safe - although she had a serious case of amnesia. Doctors don't know what triggered it or what might have happened to her during her 3.5 weeks she was missing.

But it gives me hope that JH might turn up (600 miles away) safe!

and in about 4-5 days, maybe.

Hello everyone!

I just cleaned up some posts (removed) for several reasons:

• The original posts were deleted by the members that posted them, and the deleted posts were quoted.

• The posts were discussing a "family" member. This is not allowed at this time, and not unless/until these persons are named by LE or MSM.

• Members asked that the posts be removed/deleted.

~Summer_Breeze

I think a silver van was seen but not at the back of the gas station I think something else is going on here. she knows this person! JMO

LE has indicated all along that they believe that Jessica knows/knew her abductor, and I agree. I don't think that this necessarily suggests some deep, dark secret from her past (she's only 25, remember), but the perp was someone with whom Jessica was familiar. If Jessica thought that the person needed help with the gas pump, travel directions, etc., she likely didn't suspect that something bad was about to happen when this individual lured her towards a vehicle.

Next weekend marks the beginning of the summer tourist season and a very busy time for folks in Michigan who take to the roads and head to the Great Lakes, inland lakes, state parks, campgrounds, cottages/summer homes, and tourist attractions across the state. Hopefully, there are plenty of posters of the missing Norton Shores woman throughout the area that will remind travelers to be on the lookout for Jessica.

On the similarities..is it just me..or does the glasses in the other woman's photo look oddly like the ones they found in the park?
Maybe my mind is wandering. JMO

Last Thursday I went to the optical shop to have a tiny screw replaced in one of my pairs of glasses. They have hundreds - if not a couple thousand - frames on display, and many of them look alike. The rectangular-shaped frames are very popular now (one pair of mine is rectangular), so the eyeglasses that were found in the state park could belong to just about anyone.

LE has indicated all along that they believe that Jessica knows/knew her abductor, and I agree. I don't think that this necessarily suggests some deep, dark secret from her past (she's only 25, remember), but the perp was someone with whom Jessica was familiar. If Jessica thought that the person needed help with the gas pump, travel directions, etc., she likely didn't suspect that something bad was about to happen when this individual lured her towards a vehicle.

Next weekend marks the beginning of the summer tourist season and a very busy time for folks in Michigan who take to the roads and head to the Great Lakes, inland lakes, state parks, campgrounds, cottages/summer homes, and tourist attractions across the state. Hopefully, there are plenty of posters of the missing Norton Shores woman throughout the area that will remind travelers to be on the lookout for Jessica.

You can literally go NO PLACE here without seeing the flyers! They are truly everywhere. Restaurants. Gas stations. Stores. Dr offices. You name it. Maybe this will spark someone who comes out this way for the Memorial Day weekend's memory... we can hope.
Too bad there is not a lot to report, so the news outlets etc are not reporting much about the case anymore. But for those of us who are local, it is definitely NOT forgotten!
Unfortunately tho, the underbrush has grown A LOT since she disappeared, so it is much less likely that someone will stumble on anything unless it is very obvious. ( does not help that we are being eaten alive with mosquitoes either.. ) Sadly, if she is not still alive, it will likely be fall and hunting season before anyone will find anything...

What is Occam's Razor?

It is a phrase that, in my opinion, is often mis-used, but it is a good principle to follow when investigating a criminal activity.

"Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor from William of Ockham, and in Latin lex parsimoniae) is a principle of parsimony, economy, or succinctness used in logic and problem-solving. It states that among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected."

Ref: wikipedia

It pretty much means: stick to the facts and don't introduce "what if" imaginings.

I have to admit, I often cringe when I see people use Occam's Razor to try to shoot down thoughts here. If the least complex answer was always the answer, these cases would not still be unsolved weeks, months, and sometimes years after they occur. JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Not really. The principle states this: the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

In criminal investigations, sticking to the facts, not making assumptions, is the way to go, but often there are not enough facts ... so sticking to the facts does not guarantee that a case will be solved.

I find Occam's Razor to be beneficial to myself sometimes (I rarely tell someone else they should use it for themselves though lol). Sometimes when I get into weird convoluted possibilities that sound like they could be on SVU and depend on 20 different statistically nearly impossible conditions for the situation to occur as I am imagining it helps just to say-what are the facts and what is the SIMPLEST explanation to match those facts? It helps ground me. Now, sometimes the simplest explanation isn't the correct one so there are grey areas and usually it seems to make more sense to have 2-3 different general possibilities, etc.

This is my first time posting in here. It just kills me how ballsy this abduction was. Like, there were witnesses and cameras (though not at the gas station) and it was during work hours. Like, it would make more sense to wait for her to be off and then nab her as she went to her car or something. A customer could literally pull up at any moment and this is when you choose to abduct someone?
It is like the Holly Bobo case where I feel like there is so much to work with that the person should be caught by now. Sadly, not always the case :(

Last Thursday I went to the optical shop to have a tiny screw replaced in one of my pairs of glasses. They have hundreds - if not a couple thousand - frames on display, and many of them look alike. The rectangular-shaped frames are very popular now (one pair of mine is rectangular), so the eyeglasses that were found in the state park could belong to just about anyone.

My brother likes to notify our mother when she is pointing out the obvious. Usually I just reply, "Yes mom, that's true".
With cases, it's like trying to win the lotto, in that, the one pair of glasses, shoe, whatever it is that's found, could be a possible clue to the missing person. No one really knows if it is or isn't until an assessment is made. Does that mean no one should ever look for any clues?

Anyway, the not looking angle seems to be the way they prefer to carry out this case as they aren't out searching for physical clues for the purpose of locating Jessica.

I find Occam's Razor to be beneficial to myself sometimes (I rarely tell someone else they should use it for themselves though lol). Sometimes when I get into weird convoluted possibilities that sound like they could be on SVU and depend on 20 different statistically nearly impossible conditions for the situation to occur as I am imagining it helps just to say-what are the facts and what is the SIMPLEST explanation to match those facts? It helps ground me. Now, sometimes the simplest explanation isn't the correct one so there are grey areas and usually it seems to make more sense to have 2-3 different general possibilities, etc.

This is my first time posting in here. It just kills me how ballsy this abduction was. Like, there were witnesses and cameras (though not at the gas station) and it was during work hours. Like, it would make more sense to wait for her to be off and then nab her as she went to her car or something. A customer could literally pull up at any moment and this is when you choose to abduct someone?
It is like the Holly Bobo case where I feel like there is so much to work with that the person should be caught by now. Sadly, not always the case :(

That may be when the perp feels he's really living - when his adrenaline is up and he has the biggest blankity blank. (pervert)

Not really. The principle states this: the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

In criminal investigations, sticking to the facts, not making assumptions, is the way to go, but often there are not enough facts ... so sticking to the facts does not guarantee that a case will be solved.

Yes and try to explain that to the countless number of men especially who have been incarcerated for decades for a crime they didn't commit - because they were nearby and someone decided they fit the bill. Sometimes when I watch TV shows explaining those cases, I can't believe how little they had to convict those unlucky peeps. Then there are these cases that nobody is ever even named a poi because it might hurt the feelings of those who are on the peripheral. Which end of the spectrum is standard operating procedure? Food for thought only as there's no way to really answer the question.

There's also the saying, "truth is stranger than fiction". Wonder why that is? Because it is!!!! Real world happenings can be beyond comprehension at times. Life can be seem convoluted, mind blowing, complicated and involve circumstances beyond the imaginations of the majority of all people combined at times.

Hello everyone!

I just cleaned up some posts (removed) for several reasons:

• The original posts were deleted by the members that posted them, and the deleted posts were quoted.

• The posts were discussing a "family" member. This is not allowed at this time, and not unless/until these persons are named by LE or MSM.

• Members asked that the posts be removed/deleted.

~Summer_Breeze

thanks. very smart considering the integrity of the investigation.

and now we have nothing to discuss until that person is finally named. :banghead:
talk to ya'll then :seeya:

That may be when the perp feels he's really living - when his adrenaline is up and he has the biggest blankity blank. (pervert)

I agree :( There are two options for me in this case-either someone she knew did this for X reason. However, if it wasn't some sort of friend issue or whatever there is one scary guy out there who probably feels like he owns the world right now. He will do it again too.

Probably, hopefully not related.

Body found along Thornapple River

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/barry_county/body-found-in-along-thornapple-river

About an hour east of here.

Please God it's not Jessica. Unfortunately this will be somebody's loved one I hope they rest in peace. If there is any news about this please keep us posted Flutterby80. Thanks.

Is this about an hour and a half drive from Norton Shores nearly 100 miles. I put in the locations in google maps but don't know if I got the right place.

What roads would one most likely take to get there from where you are?

I96 East would be the main road. Which you would catch by taking the route that we saw the van take. Which is why this caught my attention.

Please God it's not Jessica. Unfortunately this will be somebody's loved one I hope they rest in peace. If there is any news about this please keep us posted Flutterby80. Thanks.

Is this about an hour and a half drive from Norton Shores nearly 100 miles. I put in the locations in google maps but don't know if I got the right place.

It is between an hour and an hour and a half. I am not exactly clear on the spot that they found the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willowgirlz0