MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the perp is someone she worked with!
JMO

If the perp is someone Jessica worked with, the fact that the case isn't solved and Jessica hasn't been found, irks me even more than if a stranger had abducted her. You'd think someone would say something among a closely linked circle of people. I agree, it seems likely.
They'd better watch their backs while waiting for the hatchet to fall, no?

I think the perp is someone she worked with!
JMO

Why has no recognized the sketch, if so? It should have been automatic, "oh that's Harry" or whatever, and then just a matter of tracing him to a gray van.

I’ve been thinking about Jessica’s disappearance. Two possibilities come to mind regarding her disappearance.

One possibility is the person involved in the disappearance is someone that the victim knew. Such as a coworker or former coworker, or someone who usually frequent that business establishment, such as a customer, vendor, or worker from another business in that area.

Another possibility that cannot be overlooked is that a predator is involved in her disappearance. This could be someone who had an infatuation with the victim. The predator could either be someone the victim knew or didn't know.

The person that is involved in the disappearance knew the victim was working alone and also knew that there weren’t any CCTV cameras on the business premise.

I believe whoever is involved in the victim's disappearance is familiar with the streets and area where the abduction occurred.

I don’t think a person who isn’t familiar with the area or with the business that the victim worked at would be involved in the disappearance.

Why has no recognized the sketch, if so? It should have been automatic, "oh that's Harry" or whatever, and then just a matter of tracing him to a gray van.

But then the "ten out of a ten" sketch is a ten in the witnesses mind, and given it was dark, then perhaps the sketch is a ten out of a ten to the witness but not in reality.... If it were in the daytime, perhaps the sketch would be different?
In My Opinion....

If a predator took her, he did not have to be "infatuated" with her. He may have just scoped out a situation to "good" to let go to "waste", as it were. An unattended young woman in a deserted station, works alone on Fridays at least, no cameras outside. All he had to do was get her to come outside and have the van ready to go.

But then the "ten out of a ten" sketch is a ten in the witnesses mind, and given it was dark, then perhaps the sketch is a ten out of a ten to the witness but not in reality.... If it were in the daytime, perhaps the sketch would be different?
In My Opinion....

Still, how many people could work there? If it resembled a co-worker even a little bit, I hope they would have been investigated by now, or even if the sketch doesn't resemble any male current or former workers...I hope they would be looked at anyway.

I think it could be someone who doesn't necessarily work there, but knew that the cameras weren't working. Like, maybe Jessica complained to someone about how she didn't feel safe because they didn't have working cameras or even a group of people not even thinking about the possible consequences.
I am also operating under the idea that the sketch may be of someone not involved at all.

If a predator took her, he did not have to be "infatuated" with her. He may have just scoped out a situation to "good" to let go to "waste", as it were. An unattended young woman in a deserted station, works alone of Fridays at least, no cameras outside. All he had to do was get her to come outside and have the van ready to go.

You have a good point here. A predator who easily lures the victims.

Jessica's hair was parted in the middle, and I recall a predator from many years ago who stalked women that had their hair parted in the middle.

That predator was Ted Bundy. Bundy had the gift of gab and was able to easily lure his female victims by pretending that he needed assistance from them.

I do believe that the victim was easily lured outside the station on a false pretense, either by someone she knew or didn't know.

I think the sketch is bogus!
The person that gave that description is someone Jessica worked with.

We know there is a van but is that van connected to this crime?
Possibly no!

All JMO

Still, how many people could work there? If it resembled a co-worker even a little bit, I hope they would have been investigated by now, or even if the sketch doesn't resemble any male current or former workers...I hope they would be looked at anyway.

Why was A co worker even in the vicinity that evening right when all this is happening? what are the odds?

In My Opinion....

I agree here something just isn't right!

Not buying it!

JMO

From this link:
"The homicide squad is in charge of the investigation and police say it is probable foul play was involved"

Ya think?

My mind wanders when I read questionable words placed into statements.
Like, young couple is broke and maybe they're desperate. Hypothetically they have always been surrounded by people who make their living dubiously. They hatch a plan that will generate cash. The fraud women are associated with the family somehow (or maybe not).
Now the situation has grown bigger than anyone ever imagined. What can they do now to get out of this mess?

After thinking about these imagined scenarios for awhile, I decide, "nah", nobody would ever carry through with a plot like that. Would they?

On one of my link searches, I noticed once that the Chief said they have interviewed someone who didn't resemble the sketch at all. After reading that remark, I questioned as to how sure LE is of the witness/s since they're investigating other possibilities too (which is good imo).

Also, in the beginning, they didn't release a sketch right away. It seemed as if they were unsure of the artist's ability to capture the image accurately. It dawned on me that it could be that the artist wasn't confident about the input/description they were getting from the witness so LE passed the job along to another artist.

How a case with this much immediate information and coverage can go so cold so quickly completely befuddles me. This is Holly Bobo all over again. JMO

You have a good point here. A predator who easily lures the victims.

Jessica's hair was parted in the middle, and I recall a predator from many years ago who stalked women that had their hair parted in the middle.

That predator was Ted Bundy. Bundy had the gift of gab and was able to easily lure his female victims by pretending that he needed assistance from them.

I do believe that the victim was easily lured outside the station on a false pretense, either by someone she knew or didn't know.

The problem with this though is why would Jessica leave the store for any reason with the cash drawer left open and her purse left out on the counter? What could be so urgent that she wouldn't just offer to call 911?
They say she was behind the gas station. :waitasec:

Unless she went to open the back door but still a big risk with all the cash exposed in the front of the store.

How a case with this much immediate information and coverage can go so cold so quickly completely befuddles me. This is Holly Bobo all over again. JMO

And then we're the ones who are scolded or made to feel guilty for questioning witness accounts.
If I was a witness, I'd speak out over and over again as long as it took to make my account of things clear. I realize, when you're not expecting something bad to happen in and around your own home or workplace, the mind may not process exactly what is happening at the time.

Still, once I heard a big crashing sound. I ran the short distance to the front picture window from the back of my house to see what happened.
Two cars collided. I know what I heard but didn't see it happen. Then I saw a dog let out of one of the cars. I called 911 to let them know a crash occurred almost directly in front of my house and they began asking me a bunch of questions. I said, I'm inside my house and am not dressed appropriately to step outside. But, in case the peeps inside the cars can't dial or reach their cells (it didn't look catastrophic), I wanted to alert police because the sound the crash made was loud (not just a fender bender). In my opinion, you do what you can do and don't ignore something happening before your own eyes imo.

Lameness bugs me unless there's a good explanation for the behavior.

An aside ~ Sometimes I think 911 operators respond harshly or in a demanding way that doesn't feel good to the random caller. I've often wondered why that seems to be the approach. As in causing the caller to want to reply, 'hold on, I'm only trying to help!'

I think we kind of get stuck on the fact there were no cameras, assuming the perp 'knew' that and would not have kidnapped her if he knew there were cameras. If that were the case banks would not get robbed. And just think of all the convenience stores WITH cameras who still get robbed. It is possible he just got lucky that none were present.
I wonder if the door to the back room ( I assume there is a back room.. probably storage, office, etc...) is kept locked ( between the store and back room.. I am assuming it would not be open to the outside) If not, could the perp, earlier in the evening, have hidden himself back there. Maybe made a noise while she was counting the drawer and she ran back to see what happened... leaving the drawer open in her haste? Could she then have been abducted right out the back door? The store my daughter worked in did not lock the back door, and when a coworker went back there (and they had 3-4 people working - it was a big store..so luckily not alone!) some customer had secreted himself back there and assaulted her. Luckily the girl got away with nothing worse than a really bad shock. But if someone had secreted themselves in the back room, left their car around back.... they may even have been there a while waiting... just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ