MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very hard to hide a van. You cant bury it, dump it in water, it will be found. Most likely it is sitting somewhere in a lot or driveway. I am going to predict it will be found in the next four months. imo

It could be likely that the van is hidden out of sight and sitting somewhere inside a pole barn or garage.

Unless a plate number, or partial plate is known or developed, I am not so sure the van will be found. I think a suspect may have to be identified first.

The leg that washed up on Lake Michigan in Chicago... I am not ruling out the possibility that this is Jessica. I hope there were will be more information about this soon.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/u-s-world/severed-human-leg-washes-up-on-lake-michigan-beach-in-chicago06062013

The way I think about things is that anything is possible. Some cases are straight forward while some entail strange twists and turns no one would imagine could take place.

So they're going to x-ray the leg and look at it externally. That sounds funny, not in an laughing way. Wouldn't they want a DNA test?

It could be likely that the van is hidden out of sight and sitting somewhere inside a pole barn or garage.

You make a good point, especially since the perp is aware the van is the main piece of evidence to identify him. He could have driven onto private property and parked the van in a garage/building or on a large property or remote cabin and there goes the evidence (for the time being anyway).

As cluciano63 pointed out, without a plate number, how can THE van be identified even if its out in the open? They'd have to 'arrest it' and test it for evidence to determine that, at some point, Jessica was inside the van.

You asked our thoughts...
This seems possible to me. Would explain why she said she'd be home early and maybe why her purse was on the counter.
I don't want to violate TOS so I hesitate to say more. Not that I necessarily suspect anyone we are not supposed to discuss...

This might seem a bit way off, but is there any possibility that someone else had offered/was asked by Jessica to close that night? Jessica apparently said she would be home from her shift early.

Is there a chance that someone who worked at the gas station had offered to do the final close for her, and she was intending to leave at 11pm for some reason? Is there any way one of her co-workers or boss (not accusing anyone - just throwing up ideas) could do this for her? I'm guessing it is not the norm, but I'm still questioning how she could possibly know she would be leaving early that night.

I know some mentioned way back in this thread that it could simply mean that she was going to be extra-organised and be ready to walk out the door when the gas station closed, but how could she possibly predict if she could leave early or not? Anything could throw this plan out the window - late customers, problem with the bowsers, cash drawer not balancing, the list goes on. If she worked with someone else on her shift, I could believe the leaving early plan - they could cover any late duties and let her go early. But she was supposedly there on her own.

Any thoughts?

You asked our thoughts...
This seems possible to me. Would explain why she said she'd be home early and maybe why her purse was on the counter.
I don't want to violate TOS so I hesitate to say more. Not that I necessarily suspect anyone we are not supposed to discuss...

Yes, the idea that someone else may have been involved in closing kind of puts a few 'whys' into a context that makes sense.
Imagining scenarios helps to make sense of some bits and pieces info we've been privy too. Now LE has to prove the hypothesis.

Yes, the idea that someone else may have been involved in closing kind of puts a few 'whys' into a context that makes sense.

Imagining scenarios helps to make sense of some bits and pieces info we've been privy too. Now LE has to prove the hypothesis.

Yes, and if that were the case, then it is plausible that she told her boyfriend that she is getting help closing so that's why she would be home early, in my opinion.

But during the 911 call, the gentleman said there was nobody in the store............

Several posters have wondered why Jessica's purse was out on the counter. I've always thought that it was something very simple like her stepping out back for a quick smoke while there were no customers. That might explain the jacket being out, too, as it was probably chilly at 11:00PM. The customer (POI) could have come inside to ask for assistance with a pump or something similar, so JH went out the front door with him and hadn't had a chance to put her purse away. It's easy to get caught up in minutia, but quite often the simplest explanation is sufficient. :moo:

Is it know for certain that Jessica is a smoker? Somehow I missed confirmation that she smokes.
How much does a pack of cigarettes cost these days?
o/t and imo, It burns me to hear that young people start that nasty health endangering habit to begin with.
Add to that how much they cost makes the decision to start smoking a crazy one.

Is it known she is a smoker?

Tebsleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210836&page=5errilynn monette has been found in her car today in the st John water location

Is it know for certain that Jessica is a smoker? Somehow I missed confirmation that she smokes.
o/t and imo, It burns me to hear that young people start that nasty health endangering habit to begin with.

Early on (first thread), her cigarettes and lighter were left on the counter.

In one of the early media reports about the case, someone mentioned that Jessica might have stepped outside to smoke. I can't necessarily confirm that JH smokes, only that it was mentioned in an interview.

Early on (first thread), her cigarettes and lighter were left on the counter.

And the individual who mentioned that Jessica might have gone outside to smoke surely knows whether or not JH smokes ;)

The way I think about things is that anything is possible. Some cases are straight forward while some entail strange twists and turns no one would imagine could take place.

So they're going to x-ray the leg and look at it externally. That sounds funny, not in an laughing way. Wouldn't they want a DNA test?

Xray and examination of the limb will render immediate results regarding the age, gender, etc. of the victim. DNA test results will take longer but are likely going to be done, too.

Xray and examination of the limb will render immediate results regarding the age, gender, etc. of the victim. DNA test results will take longer but are likely going to be done, too.

Not if I'm the one looking at them - LOL!

And the individual who mentioned that Jessica might have gone outside to smoke surely knows whether or not JH smokes ;)

When I reread my post about smoking today, it sounds judgmental.
I'm not coming from that place as I tapped in those habits when I was young too (luckily didn't get helplessly addicted to cigs). Now that I'm older, I have opinions based on what I've learned and struggles I've witnessed when people want to stop smoking. The best way to avoid those problems is not to start smoking in the first place. Think of all the clothes a girl can buy with the money saved.

When I reread my post about smoking today, it sounds judgmental.
I'm not coming from that place as I tapped in those habits when I was young too (luckily didn't get helplessly addicted to cigs). Now that I'm older, I have opinions based on what I've learned and struggles I've witnessed when people want to stop smoking. The best way to avoid those problems is not to start smoking in the first place. Think of all the clothes a girl can buy with the money saved.

I understand completely, Woe. I've never smoked in my life (I'm 63), but despite the fact that we lost our dear dad to lung cancer at age 43, both of my sisters have smoked since junior high. Like myself, one brother has never smoked, and my other brother is a "social smoker".

When my niece and nephew were growing up, they read their mom the riot act about smoking and wanted her to quit. Didn't work, and they both started smoking in high school. My mom never smoked and lived to be 87. I don't allow anyone to smoke in the house (I have asthma) but don't say anything to those who want to smoke other than that they have to go outdoors (or down the basement in the winter). To each his own. :moo:

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/local/police-investigate-death-of-boy-at-boone-hotel-1.156442

o/t - This article published June 9, has a picture of a hotel along with the news that a deceased boy was found there.
He stayed in the same room where an elderly couple were also found dead on April 16. Identifies the hotel as a Best Western.

The article here, dated June 8, http://www.gastongazette.com/news/local/body-found-under-bed-in-hickory-hotel-1.155845, pictures the same hotel but says the hotel is a
Motel 6. This is where they report a body was found under a bed.

Does the Gaston Gazette use the same picture of the same hotel whenever anything happens at any hotel in the area? lol!
Or, have several dead people turned up recently in the same hotel?

I'm not sure if the body found under the bed (link posted earlier), is the deceased boy who was found at a hotel.

I understand completely, Woe. I've never smoked in my life (I'm 63), but despite the fact that we lost our dear dad to lung cancer at age 43, both of my sisters have smoked since junior high. Like myself, one brother has never smoked, and my other brother is a "social smoker".

When my niece and nephew were growing up, they read their mom the riot act about smoking and wanted her to quit. Didn't work, and they both started smoking in high school. My mom never smoked and lived to be 87. I don't allow anyone to smoke in the house (I have asthma) but don't say anything to those who want to smoke other than that they have to go outdoors (or down the basement in the winter). To each his own. :moo:

I'm so sorry about your dad. My dear grandpa (I was his little angel :blushing:) died of lung cancer when I was only 8. Still, I have many sweet memories of time spent with him. His friends had birds and we'd walk over to their house to see them. My favorite memory is that he'd buy a half gallon of ice cream and split it down the middle - one for him and one for me. The ice box was teeny tiny and couldn't keep ice cream for long. I lost out big time when he died BUT his death triggered my mom to stop smoking. She told me later how agonizing it had been to watch him die. He also felt so badly about leaving me. I can't believe, as a teen, I even smoked one cig. That's peer pressure (no pressure but doing what the others did) for ya. :banghead:

Maybe the perp knows the owner of the station and knew that LE had talked to him about putting cameras in and that he chose not to do so.

I think the perp is someone she worked with!
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member