MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.freep.com/article/201305...-station-in-Redford-Township?odyssey=obinsite
On may 26 a woman was abducted from a gas station in Redford- Township Michigan. The police were able to find her unharmed the next day

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...e-abduction-from-redford-township-gas-station

I'm glad the woman has been found. The woman entered the gas station with a man and asked the attendant to call 911. Before police arrived, the man forced the woman back into a car and drove away.

At first I thought another gas station attendant had been abducted.
It sounds as if the woman needed to get away from an abuser that she knew or ended up with that night.

It would be great if LE could get surveillance tapes of all gas stations within 45 minutes of where Jessica disappeared for at least a month prior. Am sure he has been stalking other girls.

I'm uncertain if Jessica was taken by someone who targeted her in particular or if she was taken by a random perp (meaning he'd been scoping out possibilities). Police seem to believe she is familiar with the person to some extent. They haven't explained why they believe that. If she's friendly, wouldn't she be friendly to a stranger too?

It's difficult to understand why she'd retreat to the back of the gas station when everything was left out the way it was found. Even if she knew the person, the front door was unlocked and the station was still open. It doesn't make sense she'd leave the front desk/counter with the cash drawer open and her purse, with a large sum of money in it, on the counter even for a minute or two.

Why would her purse be out anyway if she wasn't closing until 11:30? Wouldn't you leave your purse tucked away somewhere under the desk? For a full half an hour she planned on leaving her purse on the counter where peeps come into pay? That's why I had/have a problem with the time she was planning to close up shop regardless of what store hours are posted.
Why would you be cleaning a machine with your purse left out on the counter? Makes no sense.
Why would you grab your jacket and keep it on the counter for another half an hour? Makes no sense.
It takes 30 seconds to grab those two items as you're leaving - literally on your way out the door.
Because, how could she predict how many customers would show up between 11-11:30? One, three, five or seven? How would she know?
Would she remove her purse from the counter every time one of them entered the store? Makes no sense.

Cash drawer open and purse, with over four hundred dollars in it, on the counter. Jacket ready to go. Not closing for another half an hour. Something is wrong with this picture. If there was a chair behind the counter and her purse was there with the jacket thrown over it or something - that scenario I can accept. But, purse out, cash drawer open in plain sight, why?

Did she try to barter? As in take the money but leave me here? LE reports no evidence of a struggle inside. The way Jessica is described, she would have made noise or knocked something over if an abduction began inside.
Why would she leave all the cash unattended for any reason in the first place? Makes no sense.
Did someone stage that scene after someone else took her? In order to make it look like an attempted robbery? Still, doesn't make any sense because why not take the money (at least from her purse)? Did someone want the money left behind for the bf/little boy? Still, why is the cash drawer open?

Put yourself in her shoes. Okay, almost time to leave (still half an hour). Time to clean up, count cash - not at the same time though, right? I mean, you're not cleaning a machine while the cash drawer is open with your purse on the counter because someone else may still come in, right?

Would she retreat out back to help someone and leave those things out in the open for any reason? How hard is it to shut the cash drawer and tuck your purse under the counter at the very least if you're leaving the store - even for just a minute?
Let's pretend, you thought you were scoring some pot and planned to throw it into your own car and go back inside the gas station within a minute. Would you leave the cash out like that? No.
Why in the heck would she agree to step outside, in the back of the store no less, for any reason? If for drugs, why not wait until she was off work? Plus wouldn't she have grabbed her money from her purse? Did she have more money to begin with than what was found left behind in her purse? Had she already grabbed fifty or one hundred dollars from her purse which is why it was on the counter? Now this would be easy to track if she cashed a larger check earlier in the day. LE would question where the other money went since J was at work the rest of the day. If she purchased anything, it would be in her car with a receipt.

Is it possible to be that lackadaisical? Obviously, if you go out the back, someone can come in the front. No one, who is already a mother, would be that irresponsible, would they? Is there any indication that J and bf used drugs? Don't get upset because this is a possibility. A person can use drugs and still love their son. Someone can have an addiction and still be a good person until it takes them all the way down. I'm asking hard questions, not making accusations. Lots of young people use drugs and get mixed up with drugs - it's just a fact.

An inside job? With an accomplice? Hey, watch the counter while I go help so and so. Still, that trusting? Why?

Two to three hours from the Exxon station is a very wide area. I live in Oakland County, and the trip to the Grand Rapids area takes a little over two hours. Norton Shores would be another 45 minutes. I don't think that LE was looking for a perp who lived far beyond the local area.

LE has said that Jessica most likely knew the person who took her, and I tend to think so, too. Jessica was known to be friendly and helpful, and that is probably why she didn't hesitate to offer assistance of some sort to the male customer who then took her against her will.

In early reports, Jessica was supposedly working the shift on Friday night for someone else. Her mother mentioned that JH was trying to work as much as possible since her fiancé was unemployed. How would someone who lives 2-3 hours away and is not a frequent customer know that Jessica was going to be working that night?

There have been some serious accidents near the Exxon station that were covered by local media. LE mentioned that surveillance video at the gas station would have provided more details about the traffic mishaps.
You bring up some good points. When I said the perp probably lives within 2 - 3 hours away I meant maximum. He could live locally in Norton Shores too. I wonder what her typical work schedule was. If she worked for someone else that Friday night how soon did she know she would fill in and who else knew this? Might be an inside job possibly. A friend or coworker of hers may have know this and the perp somehow knows them? The other scenario could be the perp often visited the store and on that night he had his opportunity and took it. Maybe he visited 10 times before and either she wasn't there or the opportunity wasn't there. So it could be planned but not until the right opportunity presented. I can now see that as a strong possibility. Took him some time to work up the nerve and opportunity to do it.

I feel that this is the most likely scenario. Jessica probably struggled with her abductor, so he did whatever he wanted with her/to her, then made sure that she wouldn't be alive to identify him, and her body would not be found. The abductor is long gone, and we will likely never know who is responsible for whatever happened to JH. :(

I'm concerned about the female human remains found on May 22.
How long does it take to get a DNA composite? I watched a show the other day and it took them two years. I think in that case the DNA match was to a cold case though. They can rush it if they think the remains involve a current case. If no head or fingers it takes longer. Sorry, graphic.

Second time human remains were found (Lake Michigan).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2337022/Human-leg-washes-Lake-Michigan.html

First time remains were found ~ On May 22, police found a bag of human remains on Yonge Street in Toronto.
They were later identified as female.

I'd like to know more about this and if all parts were there.

I've shopped and dined on Yonge Street in the heart of downtown Toronto many times and fail to see any connection to the body part found on the shores of Lake Michigan and bagged body parts found in May on Yonge Street in Toronto. Lake Michigan doesn't border Canada, but Lakes Ontario, Huron, Erie border parts of Ontario and Michigan.

Its been six weeks tonight since Jessica went missing. I check in every day and hope that there would be news or answers to what has become of this woman. Has there ever been a search?

Please find Jessica LE! Bring her home to her loved ones. Jessica has been gone too long.

Prayers & more prayers for you Jessica!

jmo

This might seem a bit way off, but is there any possibility that someone else had offered/was asked by Jessica to close that night? Jessica apparently said she would be home from her shift early.

Is there a chance that someone who worked at the gas station had offered to do the final close for her, and she was intending to leave at 11pm for some reason? Is there any way one of her co-workers or boss (not accusing anyone - just throwing up ideas) could do this for her? I'm guessing it is not the norm, but I'm still questioning how she could possibly know she would be leaving early that night.

I know some mentioned way back in this thread that it could simply mean that she was going to be extra-organised and be ready to walk out the door when the gas station closed, but how could she possibly predict if she could leave early or not? Anything could throw this plan out the window - late customers, problem with the bowsers, cash drawer not balancing, the list goes on. If she worked with someone else on her shift, I could believe the leaving early plan - they could cover any late duties and let her go early. But she was supposedly there on her own.

Any thoughts?

The video did say that the woman in NC "the police have not revealed her identity" hopefully meaning they know who she is. JMO (Praying for the best)

Its been six weeks tonight since Jessica went missing. I check in every day and hope that there would be news or answers to what has become of this woman. Has there ever been a search?

Please find Jessica LE! Bring her home to her loved ones. Jessica has been gone too long.

Prayers & more prayers for you Jessica!

jmo

There were searches in the first couple of weeks following Jessica's disappearance, but I haven't heard about recent searches. In fact, LE discouraged the public from searching on their own. LE also determined that ground searches weren't warranted since Jessica was most likely taken from the immediate area in a vehicle. I recall specifically that a nearby State Park was searched but yielded no signs of Jessica. Locals posting here have said that there are flyers everywhere about JH, the van, and the sketch of a POI but no searches have been done recently.

Several posters have wondered why Jessica's purse was out on the counter. I've always thought that it was something very simple like her stepping out back for a quick smoke while there were no customers. That might explain the jacket being out, too, as it was probably chilly at 11:00PM. The customer (POI) could have come inside to ask for assistance with a pump or something similar, so JH went out the front door with him and hadn't had a chance to put her purse away. It's easy to get caught up in minutia, but quite often the simplest explanation is sufficient. :moo:

It is very hard to hide a van. You cant bury it, dump it in water, it will be found. Most likely it is sitting somewhere in a lot or driveway. I am going to predict it will be found in the next four months. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member