MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep trying to wrap my head around all of it.
~there was a body found in the lake..Not Jess but ID'd in 48 hours.
~another woman abducted in Mich. Not Jess. Home w/in 48 hours.

A month goes by.. no Jess. All the media coverage and nothing. No car, no Suspect either.

I can't think that this guy is hiding under our noses any longer. I have to say they went out of state or to Canada. JMHO

I feel your frustration. That said, you've pointed out two missing persons who were found quickly - one alive, one murdered. Still, there are dozens of children and adults who are missing but are never located, alive or dead (Natalee Holloway, Kyron Horman, HaLeigh Cummings, Madeleine McCann). Hailey Dunn's remains were found in March of this year but she had been missing since 2010. Natalee Holloway's remains have never been found but her father had her legally declared dead after six years.

As times passes, I feel less and less confident that Jessica will be found alive, but there's always hope. :moo:

and if he is hiding locally, then he's been hiding that van, too for the past month, if indeed the van is involved. So maybe this person is hiding in plain sight with another vehicle to drive......
Or he high tailed it out of there and like you said went to another state or Canada.

If the person drove to Canada, he would need a passport to cross into Canada. With CCTV cameras at the border crossing, he would be recorded on security video tape when crossing into Canada.

Another possibility to consider here is that the suspect may have crossed Lake Michigan on a ferry crossing to reach Illinois or Wisconsin. That would be another way for a person to high tail it out of state.

Human leg washes up from Lake Michigan

Investigators in Chicago are trying to figure out how a severed human leg ended up on the shores of Lake Michigan yesterday - and to whom it belongs.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the leg was found on a Kenwood neighborhood beach on Chicago's South Side Wednesday afternoon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2337022/Human-leg-washes-Lake-Michigan.html#ixzz2VTBtFR97
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If the person drove to Canada, he would need a passport to cross into Canada. With CCTV cameras at the border crossing, he would be recorded on security video tape when crossing into Canada.

Another possibility to consider here is that the suspect may have crossed Lake Michigan on a ferry crossing to reach Illinois or Wisconsin. That would be another way for a person to high tail it out of state.

An enhanced driver's license is sufficient to cross into Canada from Michigan in a motor vehicle. Doesn't cost as much as a passport but permits holder to travel by land (or cruise ship) to Canada, Mexico, and most islands in the Caribbean. Jessica didn't have her purse with her when she was abducted, so, if she was in the vehicle (alive), she would have had to present identification. I doubt that a bound-and-gagged Jessica could have gotten past Canadian customs.

Investigators in Chicago are trying to figure out how a severed human leg ended up on the shores of Lake Michigan yesterday - and to whom it belongs.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the leg was found on a Kenwood neighborhood beach on Chicago's South Side Wednesday afternoon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2337022/Human-leg-washes-Lake-Michigan.html#ixzz2VTBtFR97

Chicago's South Side. LOTS of crime there. Could be anyone.

I posted weeks ago that I thought the perp must live within 2 - 3 hours of the gas station and was someone that probably didn't know JH. Was just a hunch at the time. I now think JH recognized the perp and possibly knew him by name. Probably an infrequent customer that chatted with her on a few occasions.

I also think the perp knew the layout of the station, knew there were no hidden cameras, knew the area fairly well, etc. I also think he knew the store hours and that Jessica might be alone on that night. It's also possible that the perp knows someone that used to work there as well.

Why do I think this? Put yourself in the perp shoes for a minute, which is quite disgusting to consider, but do it. Would you in your right mind abduct someone from a gas station if you didn't know for sure there weren't hidden cameras somewhere? Of course not, you would be busted in no time unless you had a stolen car and disguise on. So I present to you that the perp knew these things by visiting the station several times or he knows someone that used to work there and has inside information. Just because you can’t see cameras doesn’t mean they couldn’t be hidden somewhere. The perp knew this IMHO.

The only other way the perp might know there were no cameras was if it was reported in the paper previously. Has there been past crimes or disturbances that would have made the paper and mention of no cameras?

I wonder if the police have checked who viewed the gas station website trading hours in the days before Jessica's disappearance - I'm guessing they would. I know IP addresses are not always reliable for tracking someone, but maybe there's a chance that someone looked up the closing times in the days prior. Long shot, but trying to think through ideas while we wait for more news.

Maybe the perp knows the owner of the station and knew that LE had talked to him about putting cameras in and that he chose not to do so.

While looking for an article wherein Chief Shaw mentions the check forgery situation (haven't found article yet) where he states that those people have been ruled out, I ran across this article about analyzing cell phone data and, according to the Chief, they're doing that to try to track down clues in J's case. NS LE has a cell phone data tracking unit established already through a grant received last year.

The article is dated May 6, 2013. More details here ~

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringas_abduction_in.html

I hope they come up with something credible soon. Every moment is crucial. And I wish I could do more. MHO

It has been so long now, that if Jessica is not alive, they may not get much evidence if/when she is found.

The other day when I was looking for a link to support a claim I made, I came across a longish article where the Chief gave a review of peeps LE feels aren't involved among other things. It was the usual four peeps or relations/witness, etc. He went on to say that the people who were into check forgery and something to do with lotto fraud (out of Detroit I believe) were looked into and LE is confident they're not involved in this case. It's the only time I noticed printed where the Chief addressed the possible witness connection, on J's part, as being a possible motive for her abduction. At that time, I had the urge to point it out and link it here but told myself to stick to my current mission. I believe that one failed too!

Doggone it! I'm thinking it was an article from Mlive. After reading about ten articles again today, I didn't find it. That'll teach me to make a note in case if or when a topic comes up again. When I was younger, I could rely on my memory so much more than I can now. Obviously, I keep forgetting that too! It's very frustrating and a little scary.

If anybody else knows or runs across this article, a longish one, please post it. Thank you.
Also, just in case, I checked all the recent links posted by everyone to make sure I hadn't seen the comment there with no luck finding it.

An autopsy was scheduled for today. They say the leg appears to be severed at the thigh but no other info given. The fact that its recognizable may mean the coroner can determine how long it was in the water. Interesting that only one body part washed up. Yet other parts could be anywhere nearby. Wonder what the distances are of nearby shorlines that would less likely have people walking near enough to spot something washed up there. Could other body parts be nearby? Would someone conduct a search along the shoreline? I'd think so.

I looked at a wind direction map for today and all the arrows point down indicating that's the direction an object would travel. A sailor may know how to determine possible scenarios of objects moving within a lake.

You'd think, if someone was going to dump body/parts, they'd weigh them down in some way, no? The thought of this is disgusting. Whoever it is, the process of identifying and matching will probably take a long time.

An enhanced driver's license is sufficient to cross into Canada from Michigan in a motor vehicle. Doesn't cost as much as a passport but permits holder to travel by land (or cruise ship) to Canada, Mexico, and most islands in the Caribbean. Jessica didn't have her purse with her when she was abducted, so, if she was in the vehicle (alive), she would have had to present identification. I doubt that a bound-and-gagged Jessica could have gotten past Canadian customs.

Who would think that three women and a little girl could be hidden in a house, that is only separated by four feet on either side from other houses, for ten years? Authorities miss stuff and some criminals get lucky.
It may not be probable but is possible. Also, the perp alone may have disappeared somewhere else after he did something bad to J, leaving her behind.

I wonder if the police have checked who viewed the gas station website trading hours in the days before Jessica's disappearance - I'm guessing they would. I know IP addresses are not always reliable for tracking someone, but maybe there's a chance that someone looked up the closing times in the days prior. Long shot, but trying to think through ideas while we wait for more news.

Maybe LE can do this when they have a suspect/s in mind. Of course that entails search warrants and stuff - maybe not though.

Who would think that three women and a little girl could be hidden in a house, that is only separated by four feet on either side from other houses, for ten years? Authorities miss stuff and some criminals get lucky.
It may not be probable but is possible. Also, the perp alone may have disappeared somewhere else after he did something bad to J, leaving her behind.

I feel that this is the most likely scenario. Jessica probably struggled with her abductor, so he did whatever he wanted with her/to her, then made sure that she wouldn't be alive to identify him, and her body would not be found. The abductor is long gone, and we will likely never know who is responsible for whatever happened to JH. :(

It's sad that there are less news articles about Jessica Heeringa in the media. This must be heartbreaking for her family and friends.
Never give up hope, no matter how much, or how little coverage Jessica's case is getting.
It is dismaying, but Hope is what can emotionally help the family, if nothing else helps at this point. I feel for them.

I posted weeks ago that I thought the perp must live within 2 - 3 hours of the gas station and was someone that probably didn't know JH. Was just a hunch at the time. I now think JH recognized the perp and possibly knew him by name. Probably an infrequent customer that chatted with her on a few occasions.

I also think the perp knew the layout of the station, knew there were no hidden cameras, knew the area fairly well, etc. I also think he knew the store hours and that Jessica might be alone on that night. It's also possible that the perp knows someone that used to work there as well.

Why do I think this? Put yourself in the perp shoes for a minute, which is quite disgusting to consider, but do it. Would you in your right mind abduct someone from a gas station if you didn't know for sure there weren't hidden cameras somewhere? Of course not, you would be busted in no time unless you had a stolen car and disguise on. So I present to you that the perp knew these things by visiting the station several times or he knows someone that used to work there and has inside information. Just because you can’t see cameras doesn’t mean they couldn’t be hidden somewhere. The perp knew this IMHO.

The only other way the perp might know there were no cameras was if it was reported in the paper previously. Has there been past crimes or disturbances that would have made the paper and mention of no cameras?

Two to three hours from the Exxon station is a very wide area. I live in Oakland County, and the trip to the Grand Rapids area takes a little over two hours. Norton Shores would be another 45 minutes. I don't think that LE was looking for a perp who lived far beyond the local area.

LE has said that Jessica most likely knew the person who took her, and I tend to think so, too. Jessica was known to be friendly and helpful, and that is probably why she didn't hesitate to offer assistance of some sort to the male customer who then took her against her will.

In early reports, Jessica was supposedly working the shift on Friday night for someone else. Her mother mentioned that JH was trying to work as much as possible since her fiancé was unemployed. How would someone who lives 2-3 hours away and is not a frequent customer know that Jessica was going to be working that night?

There have been some serious accidents near the Exxon station that were covered by local media. LE mentioned that surveillance video at the gas station would have provided more details about the traffic mishaps.

It would be great if LE could get surveillance tapes of all gas stations within 45 minutes of where Jessica disappeared for at least a month prior. Am sure he has been stalking other girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3