MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<O/T, suddenly feeling really really frustrated and at a loss...I'm starting to wonder what good any of my sleuthing does...I have no access to anything, case file, employee records, vehicle registration information, car rental records, nothing. Jessica could be anywhere, it could be anyone, I understand the frustration LE must feel...so many lakes, parks, so many RSOs...so many attempted abductions and other crimes to sift through...even if I'm warm on anything, how can this be followed up...it all feels useless...unless there's some smoking gun to call into LE, my gazillion posts above feel useless...I'm afraid I'm virtually powerless in this situation...I just hope that if we're warm on anything, something, somewhere, triggers something or someone that can help lead to Jessica and the perp...

its obv time for me to call it a night.>

Hey...don't give up, your work is appreciated and Jessica needs all the help she can get! :seeya:

From www.nortonshores.org

"Norton Shores might best be described as a rural/suburban environment with a balance of industrial, commercial and residential development. A growing but controlled industrial park is attracting clean technological industries which, while adding to the employment opportunities of the community, does not detract from the city's beautiful suburban setting."

Early in the threads, (a local, MisterG I think?), kept mentioning the Industrial area close to the gas station...just bringing this up again.

Norton Shores looks like a lovely area! Too bad things like Jessica's abduction take place and ruin people's sense of peace and security! I had no idea that Mona Lake was so large and seems to run out to Lake Michigan. I have always thought the area around that lake needed to be searched!

I have to believe that LE has conducted private searches that the public is not privvy to...having said that...being that Norton Shores is a small community wherein the locals probably get wind of what's going on with the folks in their community...wouldn't word get around if there in fact had been LE searches? And...round and round we go! :scared:

I still 100 percent believe that LE needs to get trained MP searchers and SAR K9s into the area to cover the territory surrounding the Exxon station, working outward from there...ASAP!

I've never heard of LE putting off searches due to the family's wishes...doesn't make any sense, imo. So, I don't think that's the reason!

Linking the Tigers jersey would be like trying to link a Broncos jersey here----impossible. There a hundreds if not thousands of people on any given day wearing an orange jersey.

Actually, I rarely see the overall orange. It's mostly the blue with orange detailing. Help me remember please....did the witness say red OR orange? Because red makes me think Red Wings, and I do see tons of overall red Red Wings shirts.

Norton Shores looks like a lovely area! Too bad things like Jessica's abduction take place and ruin people's sense of peace and security! I had no idea that Mona Lake was so large and seems to run out to Lake Michigan. I have always thought the area around that lake needed to be searched!

I have to believe that LE has conducted private searches that the public is not privvy to...having said that...being that Norton Shores is a small community wherein the locals probably get wind of what's going on with the folks in their community...wouldn't word get around if there in fact had been LE searches? And...round and round we go! :scared:

I still 100 percent believe that LE needs to get trained MP searchers and SAR K9s into the area to cover the territory surrounding the Exxon station, working outward from there...ASAP!

I've never heard of LE putting off searches due to the family's wishes...doesn't make any sense, imo. So, I don't think that's the reason!

I have not heard of any searches besides the first weekend when MSP had dogs in the field across the road from the station. There was the one search of Hoffmaster State Park. There was a helicopter for a couple of weeks at best, that would check out tips. That is all I've seen or heard.

Does anyone know if the bronze/beige color of van has been ruled out for sure?

I noticed quite a few the other day, and they sure can look like silver in the right lighting.

Does anyone know if the bronze/beige color of van has been ruled out for sure?

I noticed quite a few the other day, and they sure can look like silver in the right lighting.

I haven't heard that anything has been ruled out.

Sorry, I want to respond to a few posts but my head is so stuffed up I can't think straight. It's difficult to formulate a sentence. I'll be back later. :rockon:

Sorry, I want to respond to a few posts but my head is so stuffed up I can't think straight. It's difficult to formulate a sentence. I'll be back later. :rockon:

Sorry that you're not well yet, Woe. It's been a rough allergy/asthma season for me. I coughed for about 6 weeks straight :eek:

How can this family call ANY efforts to find Jessica a waste of time?
I can't wrap my mind around that. If any of my 5 children, my sisters, my parents, my grandparents, my friends, were missing, I wouldn't hinder ANY efforts to find them! How do you ask the public for money but tell them not to look for her? People, this boggles the mind!!!

Does ANYONE here think this is normal behavior?

Am I crazy??? (Wait. Don't answer that.)

I can't wrap my mind around that. If any of my 5 children, my sisters, my parents, my grandparents, my friends, were missing, I wouldn't hinder ANY efforts to find them! How do you ask the public for money but tell them not to look for her? People, this boggles the mind!!!

Definitely NOT normal behavior. And, if you're :crazy:, mgs, then we all are :crazy:

If my loved one were missing, I would not presume to tell LE how to conduct a competent, thorough investigation based on my "instincts" that said family member is still alive. It's coming up on 8 weeks since Jessica went missing, and the odds of her being alive and held somewhere aren't favorable.

The continuing fund raisers are becoming troublesome for me. :silenced:

Definitely NOT normal behavior. And, if you're :crazy:, mgs, then we all are :crazy:

If my loved one were missing, I would not presume to tell LE how to conduct a competent, thorough investigation based on my "instincts" that said family member is still alive. It's coming up on 8 weeks since Jessica went missing, and the odds of her being alive and held somewhere aren't favorable.

The continuing fund raisers are becoming troublesome for me. :silenced:

With the Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser, I now know SOME of the money goes towards the family, but does anybody know if the family will be using this money to search for Jessica?

http://fox17online.com/2013/06/14/fundraiser-for-jessica-heeringa-scheduled-june-19/#axzz2WndQBEVx

20% of all purchases at that location will go toward the Heeringa family with a coupon.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/06/14/fundraiser-for-jessica-heeringa-scheduled-june-19/#ixzz2WneHSl7h

So the fundraiser for Jessica Heeringa's family, out of all the money raised for the fundraiser, only 20 percent will go toward Jessica's family if you have a coupon???
That is odd.............
So 80 percent of the money for the Jessica Heeringa fundraiser, goes where???, maybe to the Buffalo Wild Wings place that it is held at???? I say that because I don't know where the 80
percent is going to.......In My Opinion.

With the Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser, I now know SOME of the money goes towards the family, but does anybody know if the family will be using this money to search for Jessica?

Paraphrasing what I've read on the Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook site, funds are being channeled into an account for "Jessica and her son". If Jessica is "not returned", a trust fund will be set up for her son's future care, college education, etc. No mention of searches, but some monies are supposedly going to towards the "reward", as well.

https://www.facebook.com/FindJessicaHeeringa

http://fox17online.com/2013/06/14/fundraiser-for-jessica-heeringa-scheduled-june-19/#axzz2WndQBEVx

20% of all purchases at that location will go toward the Heeringa family with a coupon.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/06/14/fundraiser-for-jessica-heeringa-scheduled-june-19/#ixzz2WneHSl7h

So the fundraiser for Jessica Heeringa's family, out of all the money raised for the fundraiser, only 20 percent will go toward Jessica's family if you have a coupon???
That is odd.............
So 80 percent of the money for the Jessica Heeringa fundraiser, goes where???, maybe to the Buffalo Wild Wings place that it is held at???? I say that because I don't know where the 80
percent is going to.......In My Opinion.

Buffalo Wild Wings is a chain that hosts frequent fundraisers like last night's event for the benefit of Jessica Heeringa. 20% of purchases during the specified time frame will be donated to the group that is hosting the fundraiser. Guests must alert their servers that they are there for the fundraiser so that 20% of their tab is donated to the family/group. The remaining 80% goes to the restaurant for food, beverages, employee salaries, etc. The more folks who attend the event, the higher the total purchases and the 20% donation to the cause.

Paraphrasing what I've read on the Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook site, funds are being channeled into an account for "Jessica and her son". If Jessica is "not returned", a trust fund will be set up for her son's future care, college education, etc. No mention of searches, but some monies are supposedly going to towards the "reward", as well.

https://www.facebook.com/FindJessicaHeeringa

It's nice that there will be a fund for her son's care, but I find it odd that there is No mention of searches.......

Right I totally agree, how do you ask for the communities support if you aren't going to search, and if the answer is, well, where do we start? Pick a place,any place and start Searching.Start the Search!!!!! I just don't understand.........

It's nice that there will be a fund for her son's care, but I find it odd that there is No mention of searches.......

Ya think? The family and supporters don't want searches because they are convinced that Jessica is alive and being held by someone and that she will eventually be let go. I'm not buying it. :silenced:

Buffalo Wild Wings is a chain that hosts frequent fundraisers like last night's event for the benefit of Jessica Heeringa. 20% of purchases during the specified time frame will be donated to the group that is hosting the fundraiser. Guests must alert their servers that they are there for the fundraiser so that 20% of their tab is donated to the family/group. The remaining 80% goes to the restaurant for food, beverages, employee salaries, etc. The more folks who attend the event, the higher the total purchases and the 20% donation to the cause.

So....they want me to eat chicken wings, but they don't want me searching for Jessica. Help this make sense to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynbot