MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Something reported in the private investigator article that bothers me is that the station's back door was open around the time that Jessica was abducted. Yet, it sounded as though the door would not stay open by itself..."

There was reportedly a wooden stick or a block of wood that might have been used to prop the back door open. Also, in an early interview with family members, there was speculation that Jessica might have stepped outside to smoke. Her cigarettes and lighter were on the counter with her purse.

And it seems several of them drive silver or gray minivans...hmm Good sleuthing Margarita!

Guess even the "bad guys" are interested in fuel economy, maybe because they drive around so much stalking potential victims, etc. and aren't working earning a pay check during their criminal activities.

IMOO

In My Opinion, those perps have vans, not for fuel economy, but for the room/space the van provides so that the perp can do a nefarious deed(s) to the victim(s).

I wonder how many searches have been performed by LE and how many will be in the future? I see on the Fred Byrne case, he was found deceased. He was Searched For and Found.
Searching for Jessica won't make her alive, if she isn't alive..........
Not searching could weather the evidence incase she is found deceased later on.
Hoping that she is not deceased won't change the fact if she really is.
Optimism that she is alive is a great trait, but in reality, there is no evidence, if she is alive or dead, Unless LE knows more and they are Not releasing the information.
After almost 2 months missing.....Where could she be?
If someone hopes that she will never be found, not having many searches could guarantee that might happen.
I am not talking about the family in this case, but Law Enforcement.
They could have had many searches done already. How many have they had and have they done the paperwork already necessary for "trespassing" purposes.
Start the search......

imo I think the chief Shaw has been on vacation. This is the possible reason we have not had any news updates from him. I really miss them. I tried to give silent observer a suggestion to check the dna on the light fixture at the rear of the station and match it to previous offenders in the area. The response I got was unless I actually saw someone doing something they didnt want it. No wonder tips have dried up.

imo I think the chief Shaw has been on vacation. This is the possible reason we have not had any news updates from him. I really miss them. I tried to give silent observer a suggestion to check the dna on the light fixture at the rear of the station and match it to previous offenders in the area. The response I got was unless I actually saw someone doing something they didnt want it. No wonder tips have dried up.

Thanks for offering your tip to them anyway. :)
Interesting what they said to you that unless you actually saw someone doing something, they didn't want it.
No wonder they haven't found Jessica!!! In My Opinion.........

Guess LE doesn't want anyone else telling them how to do their business. :banghead:

In My Opinion, those perps have vans, not for fuel economy, but for the room/space the van provides so that the perp can do a nefarious deed(s) to the victim(s).

Yes, that too! Guess I was just trying to put across that as much as it's difficult for us to imagine people who abduct and harm others as being like us; they too have human traits, ie worrying about saving money. And was being a tad bit sarcastic due to frustration with so little to go on and pulling ideas out of the hat! Also, silver or gray colors do not stick out like a sore thumb! Having said that, it was reported that the suspect was wearing a bright colored top, though, so maybe he didn't worry about being noticed.

I certainly hope LE has strong leads and can bring Jessica home soon! Just wish they'd be more receptive to the public's desire to help!

Thinking of Jessica tonight. Still can't believe there's been no movement on the case.

"...Something reported in the private investigator article that bothers me is that the station's back door was open around the time that Jessica was abducted. Yet, it sounded as though the door would not stay open by itself..."

There was reportedly a wooden stick or a block of wood that might have been used to prop the back door open. Also, in an early interview with family members, there was speculation that Jessica might have stepped outside to smoke. Her cigarettes and lighter were on the counter with her purse.

when i read about that and then about her smokes being in w/ her purse--i thought garbage. You usually have to take it out, it usually goes somewhere out back, and you wouldn't NORMALLY take your stuff w/ you (at least i never did). So many things w/ work are routine, anyone honestly could have been watching her, knew she'd be out eventually to do garbage, smoke, etc....it's scary!

Yea, if she was closing she could have been waiting for shift change to take out the garbage. I know that it takes a while to brief the person on the day's activities when working alone. My husband worked gas-station mid-nights and wasn't supposed to leave the cash register un-manned unless he was doing chores and no one was in the store.

So, if there was only a 1/2 hour till closing why would the numbskull take her right before shift change? He could have waited until she took out the garbage, and the store was manned. It would have given him more time to get away without question. If I were the next person on duty I would have thought that she'd left and forgot her purse; at least for awhile.
I see where leaving your smokes in your purse would scratch the theory of her taking a break. But some people just take one out of the pack and put it behind their ear, carrying their lighter or whatever else she might have had in her hands, or having the lighter in her pocket, if she were planning to go out the back door.
Here is the weather report for the day she went missing:
http://www.wunderground.com/history...on+Shores&req_state=MI&req_statename=Michigan

It was way too cold to just leave the door ajar for no reason. Maybe she'd propped it after mopping to dry the floor faster?
Just thinking out loud. MHO

If there is room to park in the back he could have parked the van and walked through the front door. Grabbed her and left out the back door.

Yea, if she was closing she could have been waiting for shift change to take out the garbage. I know that it takes a while to brief the person on the day's activities when working alone. My husband worked gas-station mid-nights and wasn't supposed to leave the cash register un-manned unless he was doing chores and no one was in the store.

So, if there was only a 1/2 hour till closing why would the numbskull take her right before shift change? He could have waited until she took out the garbage, and the store was manned. It would have given him more time to get away without question. If I were the next person on duty I would have thought that she'd left and forgot her purse; at least for awhile.
I see where leaving your smokes in your purse would scratch the theory of her taking a break. But some people just take one out of the pack and put it behind their ear, carrying their lighter or whatever else she might have had in her hands, or having the lighter in her pocket, if she were planning to go out the back door.
Here is the weather report for the day she went missing:
http://www.wunderground.com/history...on+Shores&req_state=MI&req_statename=Michigan

It was way too cold to just leave the door ajar for no reason. Maybe she'd propped it after mopping to dry the floor faster?
Just thinking out loud. MHO

Am I misunderstanding the closing time of the store, or am I misunderstanding your post? I thought that the store closed after Jessica's shift, meaning, that there would be no other employees there after Jessica, until they reopened the next morning, and therefore how could the perp take her while she was taking out the garbage and the store was manned. The store wouldn't be manned because it would be closed.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Norton-Shores-MI/Sternberg-Exxon-L2036959000.htm

Sternberg Exxon

1196 E, Sternberg Rd, Norton Shores, MI 49444

Hours of Operation
Mon 5:30 AM-11:00 PM
Tue 5:30 AM-11:00 PM
Wed 5:30 AM-11:00 PM
Thu 5:30 AM-11:00 PM
Fri 5:30 AM-11:00 PM
Sat 5:30 AM-11:00 PM
Sun 8:00 AM-9:00 PM

http://www.exxonstations.com/home.php?storenum=737233cb87dfe0e7b5525a1b7ecc112c

FeaturesHours of Operation
Self Service
Pay at the Pump
Diesel
Speedpass at Pump
Speedpass at Register
Motor Oil
Vacuums
Restrooms
Convenience Store
ATM
Cappuccino
Cold Beverages
Dairy
Taquitos
Hot Dogs
Major Credit Cards
Fountain Drinks
Sandwiches
Coffee
Gasoline
Mon - Fri 5:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Sat 5:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Convenience Store
Mon - Fri 5:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Sat 5:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM

when i read about that and then about her smokes being in w/ her purse--i thought garbage. You usually have to take it out, it usually goes somewhere out back, and you wouldn't NORMALLY take your stuff w/ you (at least i never did). So many things w/ work are routine, anyone honestly could have been watching her, knew she'd be out eventually to do garbage, smoke, etc....it's scary!

The trash was reportedly bagged and ready to be taken out to the dumpster (this was mentioned by the gentleman who made the original 9-1-1 call). Locals who have visited the site have reported that the dumpster is located between the gas station and the car wash next door (same owner).

<respectfully snipped>

Jessica was working the closing shift. The Exxon station is not open 24/7.

Whether the Chief is on vacation or not, there is likely little or nothing new to report in the case. LE has no obligation to keep the public informed about their investigation, so whatever information is known about the case will be kept under wraps until Jessica returns or is found, and someone is charged with her abduction. :moo:

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with LE even though it received lukewarm response.

This case is starting to frustrate me. Rehashing whether the perp went in the front door or out the back door or this or that seems to be pointless. Tracking down the van, comparing the sketch to driver's license photos or RSOs, and getting the word and sketch out to a broader audience seems to be the way to crack this case to me. I wonder if the LE comes in everday to work racking his brain on how to solve the case or are they sitting back waiting for a tip? Have they tracked down the dark SUV that was seen in front of the van? Maybe they have otherwise you would think LE would put the word out for the person to come forward.

LE's assertion that Jessica knew her killer seems baseless and tells me that the LE in that area is in over their heads. There were a number of similar abductions in the 80s and 90s (including, for instance, the abduction of Katie Poirier by Donald Blom). Some of the cases were never solved, but all of the cases that were solved turned out to be stranger abductions (at least the ones I've heard about).

LE's assertion that Jessica knew her killer seems baseless and tells me that the LE in that area is in over their heads. There were a number of similar abductions in the 80s and 90s (including, for instance, the abduction of Katie Poirier by Donald Blom). Some of the cases were never solved, but all of the cases that were solved turned out to be stranger abductions (at least the ones I've heard about).

:confused: Jessica knew her killer? There has been absolutely no evidence released to the public that suggests that Jessica Heeringa has been murdered.

:confused: Jessica knew her killer? There has been absolutely no evidence released to the public that suggests that Jessica Heeringa has been murdered.
I suppose that's technically true, so maybe I should have said "abductor." Still, it's a little difficult to be optimistic after two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak