MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, check this out!!!!!! (Again, probably not related, but just in case!)

https://www.facebook.com/attempted.kidnapping.warning

"Lone Peak Police say a silver van without a front license plate is driving around Cedar Hills approaching children. Police say that the man in the passenger seat said he was looking for a lost puppy and asked if the kids had seen it. He then slid the back door open and asked if they wanted any candy.

Police ask if you see a van matching the description driving through the area slowly and making multiple stops, try to obtain a license plate, description of driver and/or passenger and call police at (801) 763-3020.

Photo: Cedar Hills"

993779_10151694816653676_1814530375_n.jpg
Screen_shot_2013-05-01_at_3.01.20_PM.png

Utah? Quite a ways from Norton Shores...

Especially if it was mentioned "some" are about people they have already investigated....which to me, means, more than one person had tips or rumors about the same people that have already been investigated.Hum, points to ponder....In My Opinion....

exactly

<Gosh, how many monsters are there like this out there?? It seems there are reports posted daily about these types of attempted abductions...the search results are infinite...So many sick scary people out there walking freely among us!>

I don't want my son growing up with this fear. I wonder if there's anywhere left on this planet where you can really be free of this burden. I think this sense of not being safe has a negative effect on growing psyches. There are studies about these effects on children who grow up in war-torn countries. Are our kids being subjected to a more subtle version of the same thing?

yes I have said for years that I would not want to be a kid growing up in these times. very little hope for the future of this planet.

That had to be a difficult conversation to have with Jessica's little boy, trying to explain why his Mommy isn't there anymore. :anguish:

On the subject of the family not searching or doing enough to find Jessica.

It has been my operating assumption the family is following the guidance of local PD, police chief and detectives. I believe early on Police Chief Shaw indicated he did not want the public to go out on their own searching for Jessica. The idea of private individuals organizing a volunteer search effort was discouraged by the Chief. So I assume the family has been following this instruction/guidance from Chief Shaw.

On the subject of the family not searching or doing enough to find Jessica.

It has been my operating assumption the family is following the guidance of local PD, police chief and detectives. I believe early on Police Chief Shaw indicated he did not want the public to go out on their own searching for Jessica. The idea of private individuals organizing a volunteer search effort was discouraged by the Chief. So I assume the family has been following this instruction/guidance from Chief Shaw.

I wonder when LE will start searching?

Honestly, Idk what it could hurt. I understand it's the common assumption that she'd been "taken in a van" but who's to say she's somewhere hidden, and not out there where we could see her?
It's time to start asking more questions and think "outside the box".
We here at websleuths are famous for it..right?! JMHO

Probably everyone who has ever been abducted has been taken away in a vehicle and yet ground searches always begin at once. Just because this van was seen this time, why should that make this case any different from other presumed abductions, i.e Holly, Kyron, Dylan, etc.? Many of the cases TES and other groups work to solve are presumed possible abductions, most likely in a vehicle as it is doubtful they were carried away, but it does not prevent or delay ground and water searches.

So I assume the family has been following this instruction/guidance from Chief Shaw.

To their detriment, IMO. I know that our first instinct is always to 'trust the folks in charge' and generally without question, but this case is the perfect example of why that kind of faith is almost always a delusion. To an objective observer, this case was botched from the get-go, and more so everyday that goes by. That they can't even find a van that they have on camera - twice or more - with the resources that they have at their disposal and the descriptions they have, is utterly maddening and borderline absurd. 9+ weeks to determine that it was an 04-07 model? Really? I knew that within 15 minutes of Googling.

I'm not knocking her family at all, by the way. They are simply doing what all of us have been conditioned to do. The reality is that LE aren't the cops we see on TV, or the unquestioned 'heroes' that we've been told time and time again. They're just people, and many times not the sharpest ones.

I'll step off the soap box now.

IMO.

<Gosh, how many monsters are there like this out there?? It seems there are reports posted daily about these types of attempted abductions...the search results are infinite...So many sick scary people out there walking freely among us!>

And it seems several of them drive silver or gray minivans...hmm Good sleuthing Margarita!

Guess even the "bad guys" are interested in fuel economy, maybe because they drive around so much stalking potential victims, etc. and aren't working earning a pay check during their criminal activities.

IMOO

Honestly, Idk what it could hurt. I understand it's the common assumption that she'd been "taken in a van" but who's to say she's somewhere hidden, and not out there where we could see her?
It's time to start asking more questions and think "outside the box".
We here at websleuths are famous for it..right?! JMHO

Not &#8220;out of the box&#8221;; more customary&#8230;what about more intense Ground Searches?! LE does not typically specialize in doing ground searches for missing persons. That should be left to those specifically trained to conduct searches with K9s specifically trained to find a MP&#8217;s scent (be they alive or deceased).

LE should consider sending a message out to all community phone numbers about the van (since it&#8217;s the only vehicle on the radar screen), asking for any information anyone has about similar vans in MI or neighboring areas.

I would de-emphasize the sketch of the suspect on Jessica&#8217;s posters. It appears there are two sketches (smaller and larger) on the posters; I would delete the larger sketch; otherwise, people with credible tips may dismiss calling them in because the suspect sketch does not fit with their tip scenario.

I would hope that LE, Jessica&#8217;s family/friends and other community members would seek ways in which to raise the reward fund to, at least, $50,000. Then I would emphasize the reward amount on Jessica&#8217;s posters.

I would expect LE to regularly keep the public informed as to the status of Jessica's case and keep the public informed as to what measures are being taken by LE to find her.

IMOO

The most interesting recent information about Jessica's case, imo, is the hiring of a private investigator by the local television station. That is most unusual and says, to me, things are not what they seem, possibly.

Perhaps someone on the station's staff is friends or related to Jessica's family, etc. Conversely, Jessica's case could be related somehow to another case(s). I still wonder about the "witness" theory. If Jessica somehow upset a group or organization of persons who were up to no good...it may have resulted in her disappearance.

Something reported in the private investigator article that bothers me is that the station's back door was open around the time that Jessica was abducted. Yet, it sounded as though the door would not stay open by itself. If that is so, were there two abductors? One to hold the door and one to get Jessica out of the station. Or could Jessica have been subdued and carried outside to the waiting vehicle? I'm thinking of a cloth placed over her nose/mouth with some chemical to cause her to pass out. But then that would not explain the blood outside. So why was the door open? I do not believe that Jessica would have left her purse on the counter or the cash drawer open, even for a moment, if she needed to go into the back of the store, let alone to step outside for a smoke.

All IMOO

I guess the reason I kind of disregard the lottery scam ( or other 'revenge' theories) is that it would be a lot riskier to kidnap her than to just pick a time when she is alone and shoot her. And kidnapping her to keep her would not fit in with the revenge theory.
The lights being out in the back lead me to believe either someone who worked there ( or used to) and knew where the switch was is involved, or Jessica herself turned them off for some reason... I dont see a random abductor in a hurry bothering to turn off the lights. Does anyone remember if the witness ( the coworker ) said she saw the van pulling up? I forget... did she say she noticed that the lights were out AND saw the van pull up, turned around down the road a bit, came back and saw Jessica walk out with the suspect? Im trying to remember the time line there... I do remember her saying the lights were out which made her wonder what was going on... but forget whether the van was there already, or pulling in... ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling