MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for he info. I have a lot of catching up to do. Also upon reading more after I posted my last post I realized that the lights in back were off?

Yes, it was reported that the back lights were off, and it's a mystery as to who might have turned them off. If the perp turned out the lights, then the individual must have known how to access the switch. Folks here have wondered if LE was able to lift prints from the switch to see who might have turned out the lights.

But could it hurt? Could ground searches hurt? I just don't get it. Obviously, whatever LE has been doing for 10 weeks has not worked, so why not try something different?

If LE is no longer of the opinion that Jessica was abducted, then they need to step up and say so. If they still believe she WAS abducted, then why not do whatever it takes to find her?

If Jessica was my sister, I would be camped out on NSPD doorstep so much they would probably end up throwing me in jail. They would have no choice but to respond. Why is nobody throwing a fit here? Why is everyone being so....dispassionate? I just don't understand!

BBM

Just jumping off your post here to address a few things.

The family is off limits as far as criticizing what they are doing, are they doing enough, are they doing what we think they should be doing etc. They are victims here and we don't know what all they are doing or not doing. Everyone is different and every case is different so its very unfair to judge a family that is dealing with this.

Maybe the thing to do is give suggestions to the family on what they may want to do, give examples of what ideas you all have on what LE can do that they are not doing, etc.

Ima

Yes, it was reported that the back lights were off, and it's a mystery as to who might have turned them off. If the perp turned out the lights, then the individual must have known how to access the switch. Folks here have wondered if LE was able to lift prints from the switch to see who might have turned out the lights.

I wonder if maybe she shut them off. I know that the sooner you shut off most lights other then the front and gas pump lights right before close it will slow down the customer flow and that making it easier to get home early.

This is such a sad and frustrating case.
I pray, pray, pray that Jessica is found. Even if they find her I worry this case will remain unsolved for a long, long time.

To Jessica's son; Happy 4th of July! I hope every firework in the sky shines love upon you and brings your mommy home.

jmo

There is another girl missing from Norton Shores. Young, petite and pregnant. I can't link from my Nook, but will link later tonight when I get home.

There is another girl missing from Norton Shores. Young, petite and pregnant. I can't link from my Nook, but will link later tonight when I get home.

:eek: Oh, my! I hope there isn't a serial kidnapper in the area.

Or it could be unrelated....it's a sick world out there unfortunately.....

OK, peeps. I have checked all of the Grand Rapids and Muskegon area media sources and have not seen anything about another abduction. We will have to wait for Flutterby to drop in and give us more information.

Meanwhile, I hope that everyone here will enjoy the holiday with family and friends. DH and I are hosting a family gathering in a couple of hours, and I've got just about everything ready. DH will grill chicken breasts and Italian sausages that will be accompanied by pasta salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, watermelon, and chocolate peanut butter pie.

:happy4th:

OK, peeps. I have checked all of the Grand Rapids and Muskegon area media sources and have not seen anything about another abduction. We will have to wait for Flutterby to drop in and give us more information.

Meanwhile, I hope that everyone here will enjoy the holiday with family and friends. DH and I are hosting a family gathering in a couple of hours, and I've got just about everything ready. DH will grill chicken breasts and Italian sausages that will be accompanied by pasta salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, watermelon, and chocolate peanut butter pie.

:happy4th:

Off Topic....
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.......
Can I please have a napkin, I am drooling over here......
Um on second thought, forget the napkin, but save me a slice! :)

OT but pregnant woman are all too often murdered by the father if their child, in fact is the first or second leading COD. I doubt the cases are related (not saying the missing woman is dead.)

I hope it's not true because then it would seem more like a pattern. And then the public should be notified by LE so they can be even more vigilant when out and about. Two in the same little town cannot be a coincidence...........ya know???

Sorry to post that and not have a link to back it up, and I still can't find a link after looking for almost an hour! The quote below has been circulating my friends' FBs for the past couple of weeks. I do not have a FB of my own, so was not aware of it. It has her picture and the verbage below. I also saw flyers with the same picture and verbage tacked to telephone poles on Henry Street in the area where she was last seen. I copy and pasted the verbage from one of those FB photos. I do not understand why I can't find anything on Google about her and why she is not listed on missing person's sites. Maybe she was found and people are just not aware so they keep sharing her photo? The location where she went missing is a couple of miles from the Exxon station, and very close to my home.

Norton and Seminole are not cross streets, they are parallel. The posters are tacked up on Henry street between Norton and Seminole (or they were earlier this week anyway) so I am assuming she was last seen on Henry Street. There are a ton of businesses on Henry Street. I don't know if she was seen walking, or if she works or lives in that area. There has been no info aside from the flyers and FB posts that I have seen. It's weird.

Lisa Marie Basham (Lambert) has been missing since 10:30 pm Sunday. She was last seen over by Norton and Seminole wearing a blue t-shirt and jeans. She is 4'9 brown hair, 117 lbs and 18 weeks pregnant. If anyone has any information contact the Norton Shores or Muskegon Police department.

I did some more digging and found her sister's FB page which talks about a happy ending and that she turned up. And then I saw that the missing sister has another FB page using her first name and an initial which has recent postings....so, yeah...sorry that I posted anything at all! I just had a freak out moment about this missing girl and unfortunately you all had to experience it with me. It seems she is safe. Would be really great if people who share missing posts on FB would also share posts when the person is found!!

Well, Flutterby80 that is great news that the pregnant girl is safe and not connected at all to the Jessica Heeringa case. :)

"Police say they believe Heeringa knows her abductor. Investigators are looking into the possibility that more than one person is involved in her disappearance, Kasher said."

"He said the names of three men, who have been considered persons of interest, continue to surface through the course of the investigation. Kasher said the men are customers and acquaintances of Heeringa and some of the information they provided to police didn’t add up."

http://www.freep.com/article/201305...issing-abduction-norton-shores-police-minivan

I'm sure this has all ready been read by many. But really makes me wonder what these three men would have against her. After leaning the lights in back were off, and the door propped open makes me believe she did know her abductor. And was lured out back, the door propped open because she was planning on going back in. Just who and why would anyone want to take her. If this is the act of one guy maybe it's sexual. But if three were involved makes me kinda stumble off that path and makes me wonder if this was some type of revenge.
Could her BF have owed someone money? Did she owe anyone money? Did she do drugs? Maybe a fight. Possibly rejected the idea of going on a date with one of the guys? I don't like to speculate anything about victims such as drugs or owing money but it is all possible. And makes me wonder what LE found to point them to the three guys in the first place.

This really makes me raise an eyebrow. In all reality Cleveland, OH is not that far from where Jessica was taken. Only five hours. I'm sure a perp who all ready messed up one abduction in or around his area might be smart enough to do it a ways away from where he lives. And from the looks of it this attempted abduction was only a few months before Jessica was abducted.

http://fox8.com/2013/02/22/attempted-kidnapping-suspect-on-loose/

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/284940/3/Cleveland-police-looking-for-man-for-attempted-abduction

I am extremely disappointed that Jessica still hasn't been found. Everytime I get a google email alert about the case I am very unhappy that Jessica is still missing. I haven't posted in the case for a while here but I have read every post. I am so pleased that we haven't forgotten about Jessica.

It's so upsetting that Jessica's little boy and family still don't have her home or any news as to where she might be. It must be an absolute nightmare for them.

"Police say they believe Heeringa knows her abductor. Investigators are looking into the possibility that more than one person is involved in her disappearance, Kasher said."

"He said the names of three men, who have been considered persons of interest, continue to surface through the course of the investigation. Kasher said the men are customers and acquaintances of Heeringa and some of the information they provided to police didn’t add up."

http://www.freep.com/article/201305...issing-abduction-norton-shores-police-minivan

I'm sure this has all ready been read by many. But really makes me wonder what these three men would have against her. After leaning the lights in back were off, and the door propped open makes me believe she did know her abductor. And was lured out back, the door propped open because she was planning on going back in. Just who and why would anyone want to take her. If this is the act of one guy maybe it's sexual. But if three were involved makes me kinda stumble off that path and makes me wonder if this was some type of revenge.
Could her BF have owed someone money? Did she owe anyone money? Did she do drugs? Maybe a fight. Possibly rejected the idea of going on a date with one of the guys? I don't like to speculate anything about victims such as drugs or owing money but it is all possible. And makes me wonder what LE found to point them to the three guys in the first place.

This has been in the back of mine all along. We seemed to get stuck on the idea that it was a random sexual predator ( since she is a pretty girl...) and the idea that she could have been involved in drugs ( or associated with those who are..) or anything else unsavory was really not addressed here. I know we are not supposed to sleuth the victim, but if Jessica were the one who turned off the back light... there is much more to the story. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove