MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this was reported very early in the case. Jessica's mother said that her daughter was trying to pick up as many hours as she could and worked the shift that night for another employee. I've wondered if Jessica was filling in for the woman who, along with her husband, provided the information about the abductor. How weird is that? :eek:

That's something to think about.....hummmm.....

With Jessica needing more hours and working someone else's shift........
I wonder if this was then an abduction meant for someone else?
OR
the abduction was meant for Jessica?

I tried opening the link you provided, but for me, it says that it isn't a valid address.

I think it was a blog so maybe that is why it didn't show up. I will find another article to post for it. Or get to the bottom of if this is even right.

With Jessica needing more hours and working someone else's shift........
I wonder if this was then an abduction meant for someone else?
OR
the abduction was meant for Jessica?

I had this very same thought when I read that.

Here are just some random tid bits I've found online that seem to be interesting or might give some of us insight. Maybe some of it's been discussed before if so sorry.

"Other people have contacted them from other gas stations about a gray van pulling up to their gas station and just sitting there staring at the girls who are working inside. And then they take off"
http://www.quotetimes.com/article/2...-abduction-case-gets-tips-from-around-country

" Well, I was just getting gas after work, and Jessica was out taking care of the receipt papers at the pumps. And somebody just started having a conversation with her at the pumps while still in the vehicle, and it was a silver minivan. And I thought that was kind of strange, because he didn`t wait to go inside. He just decided to have a conversation with her on the spot."

"Well, he never got out of the vehicle, and he was a couple of bays over. So unfortunately, I didn`t get a really good clean shot of him, but it was just very peculiar to me when the cops came the next day and said that they were looking for a silver minivan. Then I remembered this connection, because it seemed out of place that he was just striking up conversation, never left his vehicle. He didn`t buy gas. He was just there to talk to her at the pumps, almost like he was waiting for her to come outside or something."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/14/ijvm.01.html

Okay I'm pretty much convinced now that she was being targeted by this man in the mini van. Either a regular or someone trolling till he found a girl alone that he could abduct. Maybe well he was talking to her at the pump (if it's the same guy) he casually asked what time they closed.

I have wondered what her mom was referring to when she said something about Jessica's past, in the early days. Does anyone recall what her words were? Something about she had straightened her life out since, maybe?

I've been looking for a while to try and find something the mother may have said in regards to what you may be talking about. Can't find nothing other then this.

"She's just a hard working girl. She was trying to support her child," she said. "She was trying to get her life going and she just needs to come home."

Is this maybe what you were thinking about? IDK after reading all day and watching videos....I don't think she was off track or doing bad. Seems like free spirit, hippie, maybe smoked pot but didn't seem like an actual drug user. Her fiancé seems to be a pretty good guy as well. Maybe she just had a few wild years when she was younger or something. But doesn't seem to be anything out of the norm.

I've been looking for a while to try and find something the mother may have said in regards to what you may be talking about. Can't find nothing other then this.

"She's just a hard working girl. She was trying to support her child," she said. "She was trying to get her life going and she just needs to come home."

Is this maybe what you were thinking about? IDK after reading all day and watching videos....I don't think she was off track or doing bad. Seems like free spirit, hippie, maybe smoked pot but didn't seem like an actual drug user. Her fiancé seems to be a pretty good guy as well. Maybe she just had a few wild years when she was younger or something. But doesn't seem to be anything out of the norm.

No...I will take a look. It was in the first few days.

Does anyone know how the freedom of information act works? Can a random citizen request information? For instance, if I wanted to know if anything ever came of the reports of a suspicious man in a van watching employees at area gas stations, would LE have to supply me with any info? What kind of info are they obligated to supply?
What if I wasn't Joe Q Public, but was the manager of one of these gas stations and actually was the person who called LE about it in the first place (I'm not!)? What if I just wanted to know if there were ever any official police reports filed about these activities? Would this be something the public has a right to know?

Here is another incident of an attempted abduction that happened last month in Port Clinton, Ohio involving a white van.

Port Clinton is next to Lake Erie and east of Toledo, Ohio.

While the victims of this attempted abduction were children, what caught my attention from this particular incident is the number of suspects that were inside the white van.

Stranger danger: 2 girls approached by white van in Port Clinton

A white van with five males inside approached the girls.

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...girls-approached-by-white-van-in-port-clinton

The Port Clinton Police Department also released this flyer concerning this incident. The only suspect description the flyer had was the driver of the white van.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sites/www.sanduskyregister.com/files/Letterhead_-_Det._Carpenter.pdf

Does anyone know how the freedom of information act works? Can a random citizen request information? For instance, if I wanted to know if anything ever came of the reports of a suspicious man in a van watching employees at area gas stations, would LE have to supply me with any info? What kind of info are they obligated to supply?
What if I wasn't Joe Q Public, but was the manager of one of these gas stations and actually was the person who called LE about it in the first place (I'm not!)? What if I just wanted to know if there were ever any official police reports filed about these activities? Would this be something the public has a right to know?

It may depend upon the state, but I know in some states, anyone can request documents, but it probably varies as to what one would get.

:seeya::seeya:
I was trying to polish up a tip for LE with facts and joined spot crime.com. I was able to use the lists of crimes by date and also maps showing where the crimes were located in the Norton Shores area. Good websleuthing!:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

Never mind...found the info on where the van was spotted after she went missing.

Because it's an active investigation all information will probably be withheld.

http://www.justice.gov/oip/exemption7a.htm

Michigan State Police records:
http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-1579_1656_4518---,00.html

Muskegon County records:
http://www.co.muskegon.mi.us/deeds/record_search.htm

http://www.co.muskegon.mi.us/clerk/circuitcourtrecords/

I have come to the realization that on this thread and on another thread that I have been posting on, with very little information on both cases, I don't know how much more I can add to either cases. It is sad really.
I had hoped that Jessica would have been found by now, and I had hoped that there would be more details released. Neither has occurred. I feel I am rehashing and rehashing, and limited in what can be posted, so there isn't much to expound on anymore.
I have been faithful in being a Jessica Heeringa "please come home safely supporter", I just don't know what else I can add anymore............ :(
IMOO.

I have come to the realization that on this thread and on another thread that I have been posting on, with very little information on both cases, I don't know how much more I can add to either cases. It is sad really.
I had hoped that Jessica would have been found by now, and I had hoped that there would be more details released. Neither has occurred. I feel I am rehashing and rehashing, and limited in what can be posted, so there isn't much to expound on anymore.
I have been faithful in being a Jessica Heeringa "please come home safely supporter", I just don't know what else I can add anymore............ :(
IMOO.

I am feeling much the same, Treelights. I really don't know whether to be concerned about a roaming predator or what, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can really do about it. Don't even know if I expect Jessica will ever be found. Very disheartening :(

I am feeling much the same, Treelights. I really don't know whether to be concerned about a roaming predator or what, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can really do about it. Don't even know if I expect Jessica will ever be found. Very disheartening :(

Im with both of you. I really expected she would be found ( one way or another..) very soon after she was abducted. But I feel like we are not further ahead then we were months ago. I feel that ( as far as they have released ) they are stuck on the whole 'silver van' issue, dont know how much more they are even exploring. Maybe they are looking in a whole different direction and arent releasing it. At least I hope so.
I am guessing ( totally a guess... ) that if she is deceased, she wont be found till fall, and hunting season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member