MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're missing my point. Yes, maybe S wanted to surprise Jessica - not even maybe as she said that's what she wanted to do. Why didn't D let her then?

It's possible Shelly returned home on Wednesday after seeing Jessica - I don't know. Of course, after J went missing, S would return on Saturday. Or, had she been able to stay for a few days? If so, where? With or without bf?

How far from Norton Shores could SH live when Jessica's sisters attend school in the Grand Rapids area? Do they not live with their mother? Grand Rapids is only about 30-35 miles from Norton Shores or Muskegon where Jessica was living with Dakotah. DH's round trip to work is about 50 miles, and he does it daily M-F. I don't understand what the big deal is about how far away from Norton Shores Jessica's family members live. :moo:

I know that Jessica's mom travels from Nashville, Michigan, as per an article.

"I just feel she’s around here,” said Shelly Heeringa, whose been driving from Nashville, Mich. to Norton Shores, every day since she learned of her daughter’s disappearance from the Sternberg Exxon gas station around 11 p.m. on April 26."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/mother_of_jessica_heeringa_han.html

Nashville, MI. Who knew? Tiny town - no wonder I'd never heard of it. I'm curious about where Jessica's sister live and with whom. One of the articles that I read indicated that Samantha attends high school in Grand Rapids.

Nashville, MI. Who knew? Tiny town - no wonder I'd never heard of it. I'm curious about where Jessica's sister live and with whom. One of the articles that I read indicated that Samantha attends high school in Grand Rapids.

They are both too old to be in HS. The reporter probably had old info.

They are both too old to be in HS. The reporter probably had old info.

No big surprise there! In their eagerness to report "breaking news", today's journalists - I use the term loosely - don't check their facts before they open their mouths. If any of my high school Journalism students went into the business, I hope they remember that they need to verify their sources and check their facts before it reaches the media. Of course, back then, there were newspapers, radio, and limited TV channels, all of which gave reporters time to confirm the information that they would present to the public. With multiple news channels, social media, etc., journalists are pressured to get the story out as quickly as possible regardless of the accuracy of the report. :rolleyes:

Woe.be.gone: It's not your computer; it's this website. I've been getting locked screens all day whenever I've been here. Thank you button doesn't work, lost posts, duplicate posts, the works. Very frustrating :banghead:

Are you guys using IE?
Firefox with plus works decent.

Samantha supposedly just moved back from FL.

Can someone from the private FB

I would like to make the group secret; anyone else?

Ok I have a new theory. Without naming names (so please don't ban me, mods!) what if a person who is involved with Jessica's disappearance knew that a gray van was seen creeping around area gas stations and is using the van description as a red herring? Not necessarily the person who took Jessica, but someone who has information or vested interest in protecting the kidnapper....

Ok I have a new theory. Without naming names (so please don't ban me, mods!) what if a person who is involved with Jessica's disappearance knew that a gray van was seen creeping around area gas stations and is using the van description as a red herring? Not necessarily the person who took Jessica, but someone who has information or vested interest in protecting the kidnapper....

Maybe the van Is correct, but the Driver is not?
IMOO.

We need to hurry and solve this case. Hannah Anderson 16 has been abducted in California. For the first time the amber alert is going out on cell phones. Tips have come in from California, Oregon and Washington.

Ok I have a new theory. Without naming names (so please don't ban me, mods!) what if a person who is involved with Jessica's disappearance knew that a gray van was seen creeping around area gas stations and is using the van description as a red herring? Not necessarily the person who took Jessica, but someone who has information or vested interest I

I think that the van was involved but I have a funny feeling that the sketch probably looks nothing like the real perp in this case. If I saw something that warranted a closer look such as something not right at my place of employment then saw a vehicle pull out and drive right by me at night I don't think I could possibly see the person inside well enough to describe them I personally would focus on the license place instead.

On a side note I sent a request to join the FB group and yes I agree that I would prefer it to be private to protect not only our identity but also in the event we discuss sensitive information

Maybe the van Is correct, but the Driver is not? IMOO.

The description of the POI and the resulting 10-out-of-10 sketch has always puzzled me. We can only guess about what LE meant by their remark about the "10", but I thought that the "witness" was asked how she felt about the resulting rendering of the man believed to have abducted Jessica, and she indicated that it was "perfect" - hence, LE's suggestion that the sketch was a "10". The actual POI might or might not be the individual in question, but the sketch is right on the money with her description. Personally, I think that the description was of someone known to her who is likely not the same person who took Jessica. :moo:

The description of the POI and the resulting 10-out-of-10 sketch has always puzzled me. We can only guess about what LE meant by their remark about the "10", but I thought that the "witness" was asked how she felt about the resulting rendering of the man believed to have abducted Jessica, and she indicated that it was "perfect" - hence, LE's suggestion that the sketch was a "10". The actual POI might or might not be the individual in question, but the sketch is right on the money with her description. Personally, I think that the description was of someone known to her who is likely not the same person who took Jessica. :moo:

I have wondered the same thing- if she did not describe someone else... (looks like Bruce Jenner to me! ) that she could 'remember'... did her hubby also claim to have seen the guy as well? Even 2 people sitting next to each other will remember someone differently. Unless they 'memorized' a face to describe. If you know what I mean?

No, I knew what you meant...
I just didn't want to go there.....
because I am not so eloquent yet with my wording,
and I know Imamaze would be coming after me.....
I am learning, though. :)

Well, you did make me laugh Treelights. :)

This is not directed at you, just jumping off your post here...

I know it gets frustrating for some not being able to discuss anyone in suspect terms or speculate on whether someone is suspicious and why. At this point though in this case no one has been named a suspect or even discussed in a suspect manner by law enforcement. Not friends, not family so until or unless that happens its not allowed here.

We try very hard although not always successful to keep rumor out of the picture and family is considered victims until or unless law enforcement says otherwise. So this means we don't speculate about them and we don't sleuth them.

Ima

And there She is!! :) See, I knew she was lurking around the corner! :) :)

She never fails to "AMAZE" me! :)

I am on my best behavior, I promise!! Ok, my feet are crossed.... but not my fingers!!!
I ain't misbehavin'... :)

LOL Treelights! Thank you for making me laugh, I needed that, and yes your being very very good! :blowkiss:

I've been reading; trying to find the article that had the other witness. No clue what happened to the article I remember reading but I managed to find this in the 1st thread on page 3 or 4.

Did you see the photo of the person who made the comments about the van on April 28 in the link?

The woman in that photo sure looks like a doppelgänger of Jessica.

Did you see the photo of the person who made the comments about the van on April 28 in the link?

The woman in that photo sure looks like a doppelgänger of Jessica.

I believe this is the person, along with her husband, responsible for the POI sketch.

I find my interest in this case lagging, sadly, as LE does not seem to be showing all that much.

How far from Norton Shores could SH live when Jessica's sisters attend school in the Grand Rapids area? Do they not live with their mother? Grand Rapids is only about 30-35 miles from Norton Shores or Muskegon where Jessica was living with Dakotah. DH's round trip to work is about 50 miles, and he does it daily M-F. I don't understand what the big deal is about how far away from Norton Shores Jessica's family members live. :moo:

I know that Jessica's mom travels from Nashville, Michigan, as per an article.

"I just feel she’s around here,” said Shelly Heeringa, whose been driving from Nashville, Mich. to Norton Shores, every day since she learned of her daughter’s disappearance from the Sternberg Exxon gas station around 11 p.m. on April 26."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/mother_of_jessica_heeringa_han.html

Thank you for answering BDE's question Treelights.
I'm not sure about Jessica's sisters. I'm only aware of one grown sister who, I believe, lives in Florida. She came to Norton Shores shortly after hearing about Jessica's abduction.

Well here we go again. I swear that, in an early video interview, SH mentioned she was staying with someone in Norton Shores. She was sitting in a house when being interviewed. Anyway, that may have been for only a few days. Or, like I wondered before, had she been there since Wednesday and was still there on Saturday? Not sure whose house it was.

No big surprise there! In their eagerness to report "breaking news", today's journalists - I use the term loosely - don't check their facts before they open their mouths. If any of my high school Journalism students went into the business, I hope they remember that they need to verify their sources and check their facts before it reaches the media. Of course, back then, there were newspapers, radio, and limited TV channels, all of which gave reporters time to confirm the information that they would present to the public. With multiple news channels, social media, etc., journalists are pressured to get the story out as quickly as possible regardless of the accuracy of the report. :rolleyes:

These days it seems the object of journalism is to write a story that will gain as much interest as possible, then check the facts later. Or worse, take another journalist's article and embellish it without actually looking into it first. I know all we can go on is the information provided by MSM, but I take everything I read with a grain of salt these days, as misreporting seems more and more common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member