MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boots of all kinds - especially with high heels - are very popular just about everywhere these days. I don't think that the high-heeled boots necessarily say anything more about Jessica than that she liked to dress fashionably. :moo:

Oh, I agree high heeled boots are very popular, but not practical for the kind of job she had.....but maybe that was her preference. My feet would hurt! IMOO.

Oh, I agree high heeled boots are very popular, but not practical for the kind of job she had.....but maybe that was her preference. My feet would hurt! IMOO.

When you're 25, you don't think about comfort as much as style ;) Jessica's a cute girl and wanted to be stylish. Her boss probably liked that Jessica was fashionable as it was good for business. :moo:

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/08/jessica_heeringas_fiance_on_th.html

"Quail-Dyer said he doesn’t hear from Heeringa’s side of the family and has relied on the support and generosity of close friends to keep the wheels turning at home.

As a father, Quail-Dyer said it’s important that he keeps Heeringa’s memory alive in the mind of their young son."

"He’s since got a job at a local Muskegon restaurant as a cook in an effort to supplement the income the family once had from Heeringa’s job as a gas station clerk."

More at the link above....

Thanks for this article. It took a while to load - like everything on Mlive - but it's worthwhile reading. I'm glad that Dakota has a new job, and I was surprised to learn that the young couple were actually renting a house. Early reports mentioned an apartment. I also didn't realize that Zevyn was living with Dakota full time, but it's probably best for the little guy to be with his daddy. I'm curious about Dakota not hearing from Jessica's family. Surely they must want to have a continuing relationship with their grandson/nephew.

Thanks for this article. It took a while to load - like everything on Mlive - but it's worthwhile reading. I'm glad that Dakota has a new job, and I was surprised to learn that the young couple were actually renting a house. Early reports mentioned an apartment. I also didn't realize that Zevyn was living with Dakota full time, but it's probably best for the little guy to be with his daddy. I'm curious about Dakota not hearing from Jessica's family. Surely they must want to have a continuing relationship with their grandson/nephew.

It's just odd to me that that either he or Jessica's family are not reaching out to each other, especially with the fact that there is a grandchild/nephew, in addition to the fact that Jessica is their common denominator.
IMOO.

:sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::seeya::seeya:
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/08/jessica_heeringas_fiance_on_th.html

"Quail-Dyer said he doesn’t hear from Heeringa’s side of the family and has relied on the support and generosity of close friends to keep the wheels turning at home.

As a father, Quail-Dyer said it’s important that he keeps Heeringa’s memory alive in the mind of their young son."

"He’s since got a job at a local Muskegon restaurant as a cook in an effort to supplement the income the family once had from Heeringa’s job as a gas station clerk."

More at the link above....
My understanding is that all the people on both sides of Jessica's family have to work. It does not leave them a lolt of time for socializing

:sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::sponge::seeya::seeya:
My understanding is that all the people on both sides of Jessica's family have to work. It does not leave them a lolt of time for socializing

The way the article is written, it states that Dakotah does not hear from Jessica's side of the family.
I worked most of my adult life and I still socialized. I made the time to do so, so I truly don't understand.
IMOO.

And I want to add, with the article stating the word "Hearing", my interpretation of that very word, means not only does he not see Jessica's family, but they don't communicate by Telephone, either.
(The article states Dakotah still has the same telephone #).
So I do understand conflicting work schedules, but why not make the time to call each other and talk......Communicate somehow.....even e-mail.......socialize in that respect. Keep the Communication Open.
I personally don't understand......But that's just me......
IMOO.

In the article I posted from Mlive above, it mentions that Dakotah doesn't hear from Jessica's family. I wonder when do they visit Jessica's son? When he is with Dakotah's parents while Dakotah is at his new job??
IMOO.

According to the comments by the reporter; its a matter of distance more than anything since her family doesn't live in the area.

Who knows it could be that; it also could be that they try & he doesn't return their calls or they disagree with allowing reporters to talk to their son.

According to the comments by the reporter; its a matter of distance more than anything since her family doesn't live in the area.

Who knows it could be that; it also could be that they try & he doesn't return their calls or they disagree with allowing reporters to talk to their son.

Yes, I read that comment, too. It just seems strange to me that even though there are miles between them, that they couldn't socialize/communicate by phone, if nothing else. Very odd indeed.
The reporter says he is open to talking to them in that comment as well.........
IMOO.

Yes, I read that comment, too. It just seems strange to me that even though there are miles between them, that they couldn't socialize/communicate by phone, if nothing else. Very odd indeed.
The reporter says he is open to talking to them in that comment as well.........
IMOO.

It is possible they were never close to him before? Maybe never approved of Jessica's relationship with him? Who knows?

Is it usual for families to hold fund raisers for missing people? I know Jessica's family etc were selling tee shirts etc to raise money. Supposedly to give to her son, help pay his college expenses etc. I dont know why that seems odd to me. It is not like they are using the money to fund searches. But maybe this is normal??

It is possible they were never close to him before? Maybe never approved of Jessica's relationship with him? Who knows?

Is it usual for families to hold fund raisers for missing people? I know Jessica's family etc were selling tee shirts etc to raise money. Supposedly to give to her son, help pay his college expenses etc. I dont know why that seems odd to me. It is not like they are using the money to fund searches. But maybe this is normal??

Good points!

There have been fundraising activities in several missing persons cases that I've followed. Most often, the money is immediately used to assist the family in the early days of the investigation when they are not working, bills need to be paid, providing food for the family and for search teams if volunteers are involved, etc. Dakota probably needed assistance with rent, household expenses, etc. until he found a new job. I hope that funds were given to him to help care for Zevyn.

There might be a limited number of tee-shirts left, but there hasn't been a major fundraiser for some time now. I know that they had a special event at a local restaurant once, but I don't recall something like this being repeated. There was also a bake sale at a local mall that might have generated a little money. Whatever money is in the bank account was to be for Jessica and her son when and if she returns. It's all good.

With the fundraisers that they had previously for Jessica and her son, I find it to be a bid odd to save for a college education, when he won't be going to college for probably fifteen years or so, and quite frankly, he could use that money now to live on, but I understand why the fundraising money would be specifically for Jessica and her son, so that the funds are used appropriately. I am not discounting college at all and I think it's a wonderful way to a good future for him, it's just that he needs that financial support now, I would think, ya know? But then on the other hand, there are plenty of one parent households who do provide for their children, with child support and without child support. With Dakotah having a job now, he is contributing to his life and his son's life.
IMOO.

With the fundraisers that they had previously for Jessica and her son, I find it to be a bid odd to save for a college education, when he won't be going to college for probably fifteen years or so, and quite frankly, he could use that money now to live on, but I understand why the fundraising money would be specifically for Jessica and her son, so that the funds are used appropriately. I am not discounting college at all and I think it's a wonderful way to a good future for him, it's just that he needs that financial support now, I would think, ya know? But then on the other hand, there are plenty of one parent households who do provide for their children, with child support and without child support. With Dakotah having a job now, he is contributing to his life and his son's life.
IMOO.

I thought that it was strange to mention only Jessica and Zevyn with regard to who would benefit from the fundraising efforts. If Zevyn had been staying with Dakota's parents until he found work, was any money given to them to help care for the little boy? There has been no mention that Dakota's parents received any money prior to Dakota returning to work or that Daddy receives money now to help care for Zevyn. I don't understand why the focus is on raising money to help Jessica care for her son when she comes home. Zevyn has a dad who has assumed full responsibility for his son since his mother disappeared.

Folks on Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook have received unpleasant responses when they asked about how the funds collected were being managed and who had access to them. I think that it's a legitimate question for anyone who donated money because they have a right to know where it is going and who the money benefits. An education trust is fine as long as Zevyn's current needs are being met, and it seems to me that Dakota could probably use some financial assistance in caring for the child. If I were going to make a contribution to Jessica's "family", I would want my donation to go directly to Zevyn (through his father) for immediate use. :moo:

I thought that it was strange to mention only Jessica and Zevyn with regard to who would benefit from the fundraising efforts. If Zevyn had been staying with Dakota's parents until he found work, was any money given to them to help care for the little boy? There has been no mention that Dakota's parents received any money prior to Dakota returning to work or that Daddy receives money now to help care for Zevyn. I don't understand why the focus is on raising money to help Jessica care for her son when she comes home. Zevyn has a dad who has assumed full responsibility for his son since his mother disappeared.

Folks on Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook have received unpleasant responses when they asked about how the funds collected were being managed and who had access to them. I think that it's a legitimate question for anyone who donated money because they have a right to know where it is going and who the money benefits. An education trust is fine as long as Zevyn's current needs are being met, and it seems to me that Dakota could probably use some financial assistance in caring for the child. If I were going to make a contribution to Jessica's "family", I would want my donation to go directly to Zevyn (through his father) for immediate use. :moo:

You are right on with this post, BDE.

Maybe a better way to help would be to contact Dakota and ask what size clothes Zevyn wears, whether he has MIChild or Medicaid to cover medical and dental, what are some of his favorite snacks, etc. If Zevyn needs something like a dental visit or new clothes for preschool, people could buy clothes or pay the dentist directly and there would be no question about how funds are being spent. I am not sure if this is something Dakota would welcome or not. Maybe he does not feel comfortable asking for or accepting help. Maybe he and Zevyn are somehow doing just fine. It's hard to know.

I've been reading; trying to find the article that had the other witness. No clue what happened to the article I remember reading but I managed to find this in the 1st thread on page 3 or 4.

BBM

I feel the same way but you wouldn't believe how many people say they donate & don't care how it's used.
With Autumn; it was originally to fund searches; then it got switched to help pay college costs for her siblings. There has been issues with the fund because both parents were on it; then her dad removed her mom. She had a fundraiser & was going to put that money into the pot until she was removed; then it turned into a lawsuit. :(

IMOO.

It's possible his parents are better off then her parents. It's also possible that they don't feel he is that good with money. There could be a lot of reasons why they're doing what they are.

I finally found the private party that was searching for Jessica. I was going to try to contact him about more searches. He is mentioned on thread 5 post 610 by 4csns. His initials are JJ and he trains search dogs. (this took two days to find). Does anyone have any contact information for him?

I finally found the private party that was searching for Jessica. I was going to try to contact him about more searches. He is mentioned on thread 5 post 610 by 4csns. His initials are JJ and he trains search dogs. (this took two days to find). Does anyone have any contact information for him?

I cant load comments for the story

post 610

If anyone figures out his name can you PM me please? We were offered it as well for Aundria Bowman but we can't located the info :(

I've been reading; trying to find the article that had the other witness. No clue what happened to the article I remember reading but I managed to find this in the 1st thread on page 3 or 4. "

Very Interesting Comments, ALL of the comments..........
Great find! :) Thanks Roselvr! I respectfully snipped part of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member