MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These days it seems the object of journalism is to write a story that will gain as much interest as possible, then check the facts later. Or worse, take another journalist's article and embellish it without actually looking into it first. I know all we can go on is the information provided by MSM, but I take everything I read with a grain of salt these days, as misreporting seems more and more common.

...or, write the story that is likely to create the most public hysteria :D

Sorry. Couldn't resist :angel:

Did you see the photo of the person who made the comments about the van on April 28 in the link?

The woman in that photo sure looks like a doppelgänger of Jessica.

For those who might not be familiar with western Michigan, particularly Grand Rapids, Holland, and surrounding communities, here is a paper about the Dutch population in the area that was presented to the Holland Genealogical Society in 2004. The document traces the history of the Dutch in western Michigan.

Robert P. Swierenga, "The Western Michigan Dutch"

Paper presented to the Holland Genealogical Society, Holland, Dec. 11, 2004

Dutch in Michigan

Michigan has always attracted more Dutch than any other state. Most Dutch immigrants in the 19th century headed for Michigan. By 1900 Michigan counted one-third of the Dutch-born in the USA. Most Dutch lived in five counties—Allegan, Kent, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, and Ottawa. Southwestern Michigan was truly the Dutch center, centered in Grand Rapids. One-third of the Dutch in Michigan in 1900 lived in that city, where they totaled 40 percent of the population.[1]

In 1990, nearly 300,000 residents of Dutch ancestry lived in the five-county region, making it the largest Dutch settlement area in the United States. The breakdown was 35 percent in Ottawa County, 22 percent in Allegan County, 19 percent in Kent County, 12 percent in Kalamazoo County, and 10percent in Muskegon County.[2] In brief, the Dutch like West Michigan...

http://www.swierenga.com/hgspap1204.html

:seeya::seeya:

I went over a great many posts to get ideas before the winter sets in and sent them by email to LE. To summarize I sent one about additional sourses of video on the van, another that all the 2005 minivans needed to be examined as it was most likely borrowed from a relative or friend, and last but not least that parks and roadways could be searched without a warrant and the concept of awarness space and that parks along the road the van traveled should be searched first to the state line.:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

I find my interest in this case lagging, sadly, as LE does not seem to be showing all that much.

I completely understand what you're saying, but I don't feel I can let my interest lag as this happened in my community and I am afraid it will happen again. I so appreciate everyone who keeps coming back to this case and trying to come up with a workable theory of what happened to Jessica. It's very difficult, with the little bits of evidence we do have. It is made more difficult by the fact that many of us do not feel some of the players in this case are being completely honest for whatever reason, and we are not allowed to discuss why at this point. It is frustrating that someone is getting away with, at the very least, kidnapping, and possibly much worse.

I am grateful for all of the thoughtful contributions to this thread. It just doesn't seem right that we, as a community, should shrug our shoulders and go on with our lives as long as Jessica is missing and someone is getting away with it. :grouphug:

Something that has given me hope is Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry and Gina deJesus. Not only are they safe, they are also strong, beautiful and unbelievably vibrant. I cannot express how much admiration and awe I feel towards those women, especially Michelle Knight. Unless we find out otherwise, I am going to hold onto hope that Jessica will also one day be safe. If it was me or one of my sisters who was taken, I would want my community to keep that hope alive and not give up on us.

I'm going to come out and say this - mods, please feel free to delete if this isn't allowed, and apologies in advance if it's not. It's just that this case is SO FRUSTRATING.

Quite a while back there was a post on the Find Jessica FB (posted as a comment under an early group of pics) by a woman who was clearly upset and suspected someone she knew. She voiced her post TO the person, like, "I hope it's not you..." Actually, it was two posts, one after the other, and ended abruptly with a single, capital letter. So I looked at her friends list, and saw someone who looked vaguely like the sketch and had that first initial, same as the capital letter. I googled him and found mugshots. Assault charges. I looked at his FB, which led me to a friend's FB and I saw something there that also caught my eye.

Weeks or months later, I saw that in the Jessica FB someone mentioned him by name (I was shocked) and said he'd been questioned at least a couple of times, and someone commented that they wouldn't be surprised if it was him, something to that effect. Someone else commented that they didn't think so at all. It made me feel like a SuperSleuth, but also made me wonder - how hard is LE looking at these people? How hard are they being questioned?

Did anyone else here find what I did? I'm betting quite a few of you did.

I'm going to come out and say this - mods, please feel free to delete if this isn't allowed, and apologies in advance if it's not. It's just that this case is SO FRUSTRATING.

Quite a while back there was a post on the Find Jessica FB (posted as a comment under an early group of pics) by a woman who was clearly upset and suspected someone she knew. She voiced her post TO the person, like, "I hope it's not you..." Actually, it was two posts, one after the other, and ended abruptly with a single, capital letter. So I looked at her friends list, and saw someone who looked vaguely like the sketch and had that first initial, same as the capital letter. I googled him and found mugshots. Assault charges. I looked at his FB, which led me to a friend's FB and I saw something there that also caught my eye.

Weeks or months later, I saw that in the Jessica FB someone mentioned him by name (I was shocked) and said he'd been questioned at least a couple of times, and someone commented that they wouldn't be surprised if it was him, something to that effect. Someone else commented that they didn't think so at all. It made me feel like a SuperSleuth, but also made me wonder - how hard is LE looking at these people? How hard are they being questioned?

I never saw it, but I heard about it. And I saw some other really crazy stuff on there that got deleted almost immediately. But I am not sure how much we are allowed to discuss it all, since there are no suspects or persons of interest in the case as of yet.

Yeah, that's why I didn't want to list initials or anything else. But it's been bugging me forever.

Did anyone print screen it?
Do you remember the name? If so PM Ceebee or I

I never saw it, but I heard about it. And I saw some other really crazy stuff on there that got deleted almost immediately. But I am not sure how much we are allowed to discuss it all, since there are no suspects or persons of interest in the case as of yet.

One of the things about the Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook site that irks me is the folks who claim to have turned in tips to LE that are not taken seriously or even investigated. How do these people know that LE hasn't looked into the tips and determined that they're either not helpful or that there isn't enough information to arrest someone and/or charge them in Jessica's disappearance?

LE is not obligated to divulge information about the case unless and until there is a suspect named. If tipsters are expecting a call from LE telling them what was gleaned from their tips, that's not likely to happen. It's entirely possible that some folks are providing LE with information that they've already known for a while either through their investigation or from previous tips. Since a suspect has not been named, and there's been no arrest/s or charges filed in the case, it's safe to say that whatever tips LE has received haven't yielded enough evidence. :moo:

I finally found the private party that was searching for Jessica. I was going to try to contact him about more searches. He is mentioned on thread 5 post 610 by 4csns. His initials are JJ and he trains search dogs. (this took two days to find). Does anyone have any contact information for him?

think it might be jesse james that youre talking about. have seen his comments on one or other of the Jessica heeringa fb pages.

I have comments loaded so try to click my link

post 610

rereading; the post says to go to FJH FB page. I'm there trying to find the post but think it was removed

How do I turn it in to silent observer?

I don't know if im dumber than I thought or what! cannot see any comments that aren't older (2 mos ago.) please someone help an old woman out and tell me how to see the comments since july 20! thanks

Did anyone print screen it?
Do you remember the name? If so PM Ceebee or I

thanks flutterby, I was talking about these comments...on fb from someone who said..." I hope its not you... and the initial?

also interested in a case from 20-30 yrs ago, but cant seem to find any info. apparently there was a gas station attendant murdered and her body was found in the cooler? supposed to have happened on laketon and henry in Muskegon mich. anyone know anything about whether that case was solved??? or anything about it

thanks flutterby, I was talking about these comments...on fb from someone who said..." I hope its not you... and the initial?

I never saw those, and I think they have been removed??? Maybe someone has a screen cap of them but I do not. Sorry!! =)

Wait...do you want to see the post from Websleuths that is referring to the Facebook posts, or do you want to see the Facebook posts? Sorry, I am a little foggy as I am just now getting my first cup of java.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite