MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did NSPD wait nearly a year to disclose the newly-released information and timeline? :waitasec:

*2:44 pm: JESSICA purchased groceries at Aldi, 2715 Henry Street.

*4:35pm-JH starts her shift, a shift she'd picked up or covered for someone else.

*7:30 – 8:15 pm: A man identified as JESSICA’s reported boyfriend arrived at the Exxon station,in a silver full size van. The two apparently had a discussion regarding their relationship. A customer told investigators that JESSICA appeared to be upset after the conversation with the man.

*7:40 – 8:50 pm: A female friend entered the store through the front door to visit JESSICA. Nothing suspicious was noticed at that time. Both the friend and a male customer observed a bluish silver van pull up to JESSICA while she was changing the receipt paper in one of the pumps. It appeared that the male driver and JESSICA had a friendly conversation.

9:00pm-Witness #1 (CV)-States that Jessica was outside near a gas pump talking to a man in a grey van, but didn't get a look at his face. He has a distinct voice, and was kind flirting with Jess (by the snip of conversation he heard.)

*10:00pm-10:15pm: Jessica and DQD talked on the phone.

10:15pm-10:30pm: witness #2 (JA)-States he's a friend of JH and regular customer of the Exxon. Reported nothing out of the ordinary for that timeframe while he was there.

An unnamed witness 10:30pm-stated he saw a van go down the street and double back to park facing the Exxon station http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/2...eals-new-clues

10:55pm-final purchase before Jess went missing. Logged on the cash register tape receipt.

approx. 11:00pm- according to the latest article "Police said the woman and her husband were riding motorcycles about 11 p.m. on April 26 — about the time Heeringa disappeared. They saw him open and shut the back hatch and take off. They say they followed him until he turned onto the main road.

11:15pm-911 call made by a regular customer who noticed something suspicious.

approximate time from 10:51-11:04-First video -very grainy captures a Grey Van on tape heading North on Grand Haven Rd. (timestamp incorrect on video)

At exactly 11:04pm- 2nd video shows same van going North on Grand Haven Rd, towards Airport Rd.
__________________ * = edits to timeline from previous posts, also includes snippets from timeline based on latest article cited here:
Read more at http://fox17online.com/2014/04/24/f...me-scene-photos-unveiled/#Qlc1Kq1LXl6UXz7q.99

Last night (April 24) on HLN:

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Is Ex-Boyfriend at Center of Missing Mom Case?; Double-Fatal Crash Seen on Dash Cam

Aired April 24, 2014 - 19:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: Tonight, stunning breaking news. Brand- new evidence in the case of the beautiful mom cops say was snatched during her nightshift at a Michigan gas station. Now, reports that a scorned ex- boyfriend might have been, quote, "suspect No.

Good evening. I`m Jane Velez-Mitchell coming to you live.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Jessica.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know if you`ve heard about the kidnapping at the Exxon station.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The whole family feels that she`s still alive and hopefully waiting for her chance.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I just hope she`s OK and that she`ll come home...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1404/24/ijvm.01.html

Last night (April 24) on HLN:

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Is Ex-Boyfriend at Center of Missing Mom Case?; Double-Fatal Crash Seen on Dash Cam

Aired April 24, 2014 - 19:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: Tonight, stunning breaking news. Brand- new evidence in the case of the beautiful mom cops say was snatched during her nightshift at a Michigan gas station. Now, reports that a scorned ex- boyfriend might have been, quote, "suspect No.

Good evening. I`m Jane Velez-Mitchell coming to you live.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Jessica.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know if you`ve heard about the kidnapping at the Exxon station.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The whole family feels that she`s still alive and hopefully waiting for her chance.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I just hope she`s OK and that she`ll come home...

@BetteDaviseyes,
So is CV (who I assume is witness #1 IIRC) saying in the interview that it WAS for sure DQD that came to visit her at the Exxon and NOT the BF in the silver van? Or were they BOTH named there? I'm a bit confused. Did anyone record or watch the show?

@BetteDaviseyes,
So is CV (who I assume is witness #1 IIRC) saying in the interview that it WAS for sure DQD that came to visit her at the Exxon and NOT the BF in the silver van? Or were they BOTH named there? I'm a bit confused. Did anyone record or watch the show?

It sounds to me like they were both there. But could that be? Could Jessica have 2 boyfriends, both with silver vans!?

@BetteDaviseyes,

Sorry, but I didn't watch the show and haven't located video of the entire program.

The comment sounds as if both DQD and the former boyfriend both visited Jessica that evening at different times. If Jessica was driving the vehicle that she and Dakotah shared, how did he get there? If someone drove him there, there's someone who can vouch for the visit.

Questions about the timeline: Were groceries found in Jessica's car? If she went to Aldi prior to her shift, she probably didn't have time to drive back to Muskegon with her purchases.

Did Jessica cash her paycheck at Aldi? Early in the case, Meijer was mentioned as a possibility.

Recent reports don't mention a cell phone being found in Jessica's purse or with her belongings, but early in the investigation, reports indicated that there was a cell phone "on the counter". :confused:

The comment sounds as if both DQD and the former boyfriend both visited Jessica that evening at different times. If Jessica was driving the vehicle that she and Dakotah shared, how did he get there?

Questions about the timeline: Were groceries found in Jessica's car? If she went to Aldi prior to her shift, she probably didn't have time to drive back to Muskegon with her purchases.

Did Jessica cash her paycheck at Aldi? Early in the case, Meijer was mentioned as a possibility.

Recent reports don't mention a cell phone being found in Jessica's purse or with her belongings, but early in the investigation, reports indicated that there was a cell phone "on the counter". :confused:

She might have picked up some non perishables @ Aldis? And used her paycheck there?

IIRC, Jess and DQD shared a cell phone..so any calls that were logged were probably from the store to the cell and vice-versa.

*Did DQD bring Jess the cell phone?
*Did they share a vehicle?

IMHO the "cell phone on the counter" was probably shotty reporting from earlier back. MOO

It sounds to me like they were both there. But could that be? Could Jessica have 2 boyfriends, both with silver vans!?

I have a feeling that CV may be confused as to "who is who". Or that he did see DQD and the ex BF there within a few minutes of each other. One customer DID say that she was distressed at some point. So I wonder if they found out about each other, or saw each other..passed each other in the parking lot?

IDK..this is a bit confusing..but it would be better if someone could watch the interview and listen closely. JMHO

I haven't watched this yet and don't know if it's the entire program from last night, but here's link to Jane Velez-Mitchell April 24, 2014.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/04/25/where-jessica-heeringa

OK. I watched the video that is 4:21 long. Obviously not the entire segment about the Jessica Heeringa case from the transcript. Maybe it will show up on youtube or on FJHFB.

She might have picked up some non perishables @ Aldis? And used her paycheck there?

IIRC, Jess and DQD shared a cell phone..so any calls that were logged were probably from the store to the cell and vice-versa.

IMHO the "cell phone on the counter" was probably shotty reporting from earlier back. MOO

I'm not so sure that Jessica didn't have her own cell phone - especially if she was in a relationship with someone other than her fiancé. Dakotah and Jess might have had a shared cell phone instead of having a land line in their house. :moo:

Why did NSPD wait nearly a year to disclose the newly-released information and timeline? :waitasec:

Well I think they did their investigations and kept everything to themselves and the
Now they disclose it to make them squirm ...

I think they have their eye on a prize.

U have to remember there are a lot of ppl they are looking good at. That was one busy gas station that evening.

Jmo

I think she had a cell phone.

Well I think they did their investigations and kept everything to themselves and the
Now they disclose it to make them squirm ...

I think they have their eye on a prize.

U have to remember there are a lot of ppl they are looking good at. That was one busy gas station that evening.

Jmo

Jumping off your BBM comment: How customary is it for friends to visit employees at this type of business establishment? Call me old-fashioned, but I would never invite or want family/friends to visit me at my place of employment. I'm being paid to do my job and wouldn't think it appropriate to entertain guests on company time. :moo:

I'm so frustrated with it right now. It's like;
What could these people possibly WANT with Jessica?
Were they/him/her/it Jealous of her?
Was it like "if I can't have you, no one can?"
Or was it; "You messed with the wrong woman's husband?"
Was it a matter of both?

They didn't take her money, or jacket or purse..(Not robbery)
They didn't actually LOVE her, or she'd be home right now. (Not rape, or held captive for a short time)
They obviously thought that she was worthless, and that no one would miss her. How completely blind and heartless could someone be? (Is this truly foul play? Or imprisonment?)
Hasn't she suffered enough, if she's still out there and alive? Hasn't her little boy suffered enough without his Mommy?

Just let her come home already. In whatever condition she's in..someone knows and someone HAS to come forward. Don't ever let that baby think that his Mommy didn't care for him. I'm sure he's all she thinks about. <3 Prayers for everyone here and Jessica and family. JMHO

Re: Timeline.

I wondered what Jessica had done between the time that she purchased groceries at Aldi (2:44) and started her shift at the gas station (4:35). The Aldi where she went (Henry Street) is in Muskegon where she lived with DQD, so it's conceivable that Jess went home and put groceries away before leaving for work in Norton Shores. I think that Jessica might have stopped at the Exxon station before her shift, picked up her paycheck (it was Friday), went somewhere nearby to cash it (Meijer up the road), then returned to the gas station to start her late afternoon shift. :moo:

Re: Timeline.

I wondered what Jessica had done between the time that she purchased groceries at Aldi (2:44) and started her shift at the gas station (4:35). The Aldi where she went (Henry Street) is in Muskegon where she lived with DQD, so it's conceivable that Jess went home and put groceries away before leaving for work in Norton Shores. I think that Jessica might have stopped at the Exxon station before her shift, picked up her paycheck (it was Friday), went somewhere nearby to cash it (Meijer up the road), then returned to the gas station to start her late afternoon shift. :moo:

Yea, it's very possible that she could have taken the groceries back home..there could have been something the baby needed (diapers/milk/snacks) or whatnot that she had to take home. 1 hour would definitely cover it. I'd put it in the timeline if a DQD interview said "She came straight back from shopping and went to work). I honestly don't think she'd have time for much else unless there was someone shopping with her..or watching her shop (creepy.) I know if it's groceries vs socializing..sorry groceries come first. (for me) MOO

There really is not a lot of new information. The increased interest is because one year has passed. There was one car Jessica had it at work. The cell phone they shared was at home. Jessica used the station phone (to communicate with home) I assume it was a land line. Men hung around her she was able to talk to them in person. She really didn't need a phone for that. The abductor may have used 2 vans. One to drive by(the blue silver one) and another (a silver one) to take her away. A suspect had access to two vans and did look like the sketch but he was never arrested. Cards 18 spent a lot of time on him.

http://www.freep.com/article/201304...ssica-Heeringa-norton-shores-police-abduction

This article is from April 30, 2013.
The video attached to the article is interesting,
as Dakotah states at the 1minute 29 second mark:

"Been searching these fields on my own, going through the woods over here to see
if I can find a boot, a coat, anything."

Jessica was wearing boots so I understand why he would say that.
On the other hand, Jessica's coat was at the Exxon station. I wonder if he misspoke when he mentioned coat, or if he thought it could have been the perp's coat?

Also, from the article at the link above: (snipped by me)
"four persons of interest have been questioned and cleared in the case. One man was identified in a police report as her fiancé; another man was identified in the report as her boyfriend; a third man was identified as one of the woman&#8217;s regular customers who worked at Rapid Rooter; and a fourth person was not identified."

So this particular knowledge was exposed to the media early.....

Now....the article states:
"The cash drawer was on the counter, and there was evidence cleanup had begun."

We know from this other link....

"Officers noted a cash drawer on top of the safe in the back room."

http://fox17online.com/2014/04/24/f...me-scene-photos-unveiled/#Qlc1Kq1LXl6UXz7q.99

I wonder if the cleaning supplies that were left out, were they used to clean up after an altercation with Jessica?, or that she was going to clean as she was due to close soon?
The cash drawer being left out on the counter, is different than being on top of the safe... could there have been 2 cash drawers? Maybe just a mistake in reporting perhaps?

In this particular article:
http://archive.wzzm13.com/rss/artic...nalyzing-cell-phones-to-find-Jessica-Heeringa

"It didn't take Norton Shores Police long to locate Heeringa's cell phone, left inside the Exxon Mobile Gas Station."

This has intrigued me since I first read this.
Did Jessica have TWO phones? Was this a mistake?
Did she only have one phone? It was stated that Dakotah and Jessica shared
a phone.
In this link below, in the video, around the one minute mark the reporter states that Dakotah called Jessica by phone between 10 and 10:15. Previous to the one minute mark on the video, Dakotah mentions that he talked to her and that she was going to be out early (earlier?) and home quick.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/mic...eringa-missing-abducted-north-shores-19064650

There is some confusion about that JVM interview of recent, if Dakotah was also at the Exxon that night.
Is it possible then, depending on the time, that that phone that was found in the Exxon that was reportedly found that I mentioned earlier, could that be the shared phone of Jessica's, and Dakotah left it there, perhaps??
Just throwing out ideas why that reporter would mention Jessica's phone being found at the Exxon.
Link to the JVM transcripts...

IMOO.

For some reason I find Dakota very innocent. I think he may have called a work jacket/smock a coat. I think he expected her home early and when she didn't arrive he drove by there. I think he didn't know what to do when he saw LS, maybe thinking there was a robbery and Jessica had to stay over to talk to LE as a witness.

As far as the phones, Jessica could have had a trac phone that he didn't know about or the media got it wrong in who had what phone where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop