MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, like he has no clue why he was arrested. Totally blows my mind. Still hoping they find Jessica and any others (if applicable). At least he will be in prison for a very long time. That sob

Him saying he has no idea why he got arrested seemed like a total act to me.

At the time of the phone call, he was arrested for abducting the teen, thought he may get out. Sounds like they may have told him they were gonna search his van because he mentions it. He probably didn't think they would find his hiding places. Once they had him it was one thing after the other. I'm sure he can't believe he was caught.

Roselvr....That is a good thought, I didn't think of that...He really did think he had outsmarted them again and was going to be let out and go to work that night......

He knew they were searching his van when he was arrested, but apparently he did not think they would find his hidden things. He had gotten away with this for a long time (shooting the jogger, and possibly Jessica Heeringa), he must have thought he could outsmart this arrest. It sounded to me like he was giving orders to his police friend and just expected him to follow through without question. Strange relationship, it seems; and Yes, I do wonder how the police friend did not have any suspicions about Willis during the past couple of years.

Roselvr....That is a good thought, I didn't think of that...He really did think he had outsmarted them again and was going to be let out and go to work that night......

He knew they were searching his van when he was arrested, but apparently he did not think they would find his hidden things. He had gotten away with this for a long time (shooting the jogger, and possibly Jessica Heeringa), he must have thought he could outsmart this arrest. It sounded to me like he was giving orders to his police friend and just expected him to follow through without question. Strange relationship, it seems; and Yes, I do wonder how the police friend did not have any suspicions about Willis during the past couple of years.

I have to listen to the full version, but what I did hear made me think that he thought he was being questioned for the abduction, sort of like he figured there was no evidence, he'd be going home. He probably didn't realize his wife didn't pick up the phone because the cops were at their house, going thru the van and house.

It really blows me away how lucky LE were that the teen got away because who knows how many did not before her. I hope she's emotionally ok. Hoping that other survivors to similar abductions have reached out to her. There was one recently in the news (link below) that escaped Bundy. I remember reading another within the last year that mentioned they help other survivors; wish I could remember where I read it.

'He leaned in and I was scared he wanted to kiss me, instead he said "I am going to kill you now"': Mother claims she escaped serial killer Ted Bundy in 1974 after getting into his car because he had 'cute boy next door' looks

She recounted the alleged ordeal, and how she says it changed her life in her book: I Survived Ted Bundy: The Attack, Escape & PTSD that changed my life.

Stapley reveals how she was so ashamed of herself, she wouldn't tell anyone, not even her family.

The mother even kept the memories from her children and her husband until 2011, when a confrontation at work triggered flashbacks.

In an interview with People, she said: 'He was the boy next door. He didn't have fangs and he didn't have black circles under his eyes. He was normal. He fit in with the community.

'The crime doesn't end when the attack ends,' she continued. 'I would like people who have experienced trauma, even if it's different from mine, to find the courage to talk and begin their own healing.
'

Tip led to search near Willis’ home for Jessica Heeringa
Published: June 17, 2016, 2:04 pm Updated: June 17, 2016, 2:43 pm

Following a tip, investigators spent Friday morning searching a piece of land near Jeffrey Willis’ home for Jessica Heeringa, according to Muskegon County Prosecutor DJ Hilson.

According to a neighbor, both Norton Shores police and Michigan State Police were searching an abandoned rail bed along Sheridan Drive north of Laketon Avenue. The search began around 6:30 a.m. and lasted until around 11 a.m. However, investigators came up empty-handed, Hilson confirmed to 24 Hour News 8. More information about the tip was not released.

This is from earlier this week:

Police return to home of accused killer Jeffrey Willis
Police investigate break-in at Willis' home
Staff , WZZM 12:57 PM. EDT June 14, 2016

Investigators returned to the home of accused killer Jeffrey Willis on Monday, June 13, after someone broke into the home through the back door. . .
officers from Muskegon Township and other in unmarked vehicles were seen searching the yard and nearby woods. They, too, were going inside and outside of the home.
The back door was damaged, but as far as police could tell -- nothing was taken.

Tip led to search near Willis’ home for Jessica Heeringa
Published: June 17, 2016, 2:04 pm Updated: June 17, 2016, 2:43 pm

Thanks, was wondering if anything new came up with Jess. Wish he would confess but he's not going to do that until he has some sort of major court date

Full coverage : The Jeffrey Willis investigation

Jeffrey Willis kidnapping case headed to trial- Willis allegedly tried to abduct a teen girl in April - 24 Hour News 8 web staff Published: June 15, 2016, 3:34 pm

MUSKEGON, Mich. (WOOD) — A Muskegon County murder suspect on Wednesday waived his preliminary hearing in a separate kidnapping case, sending it to circuit court for trial.

Jeffrey Willis is now expected back in court on June 29 for a preliminary hearing in the murder case of Rebekah Bletsch.

I wonder where the tip came from. I don't know if Jessica is on his property or he has a site somewhere else.

In the article posted right above, it says JW's cousin was arrested for lying to the police the same day they searched the site. Wonder if that could be it.

But why lie? I understand family sticks together, but not when someone has been charged with kidnapping along with murder!! Wonder if the cousin was involved?

I missed where it said Kevin L. Bluhm is Jeffrey Willis's cousin....... ????

Here is another link from the local newspaper: http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/06/hold_man_47_allegedly_lied_to.html

Editing to add: Just saw that this is indeed Jeffrey's cousin.... LuckySeven....thank you so much for pointing this out, because I had missed it.

Another source: http://woodtv.com/2016/06/20/jeffrey-willis-friend-charged-with-lying-to-police/ Excerpt from link: "A relative of Jeffrey Willis, who is facing murder and kidnapping charges, was arraigned Monday in Muskegon for allegedly lying to police during investigation into a violent crime, according to court documents."

Editing again, because the cousin is a Corrections officer hmmm From Wood Tv above link:
"Bluhm is a sergeant at the West Shoreline Correctional Facility in Muskegon, however, he was placed on unpaid suspension Friday. "

But why lie? I understand family sticks together, but not when someone has been charged with kidnapping along with murder!! Wonder if the cousin was involved?

Same thing has happened with the Lyon sisters case several family members of suspect prosecuted for perjury it is baffling and maddening.

Willis wasn't charged back then. His cousin probably didn't realize Willis was the psycho that he is. I don't know many people that would want to get involved if cops came around asking questions. Most would say they don't know anything.

Kevin Lavern Bluhm, 47, a sergeant at the West Shoreline Correctional Facility in Muskegon, could face up to four years in prison if convicted. Prison officials said they suspended Bluhm without pay on Friday.

In an affidavit obtained by 24 Hour News 8, Michigan State Police said they were interviewing Bluhm on May 18, the day after they arrested Willis in the kidnapping of a 16-year-old girl who managed to escape by jumping from a moving vehicle.

Records show the interview with Bluhm at his home was part of the investigation into the then-unsolved 2014 death of Rebekah Bletsch. She was shot to death with a .22-caliber handgun while jogging near her home in northern Muskegon County.

MSP said Bluhm lied to them in that first interview, saying he hadn’t seen Willis since July 2015 and that he’d never seen him with a handgun.

Despite that alleged lie, Willis was later charged with Bletsch’s murder.

Last week, in a follow-up interview, Bluhm admitted he had seen Willis last month and that Willis that day “showed Bluhm a 22-calibur pistol,” according to the documents.

"A neighbor confirms to 24 Hour News 8 that police said they searched another piece of property in Muskegon County in connection to the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa.

24 Hour News 8 witnessed a large police presence Tuesday morning in Dalton Township on Beattie Road between E. Riley-Thompson Road and Bard Road, northeast of Muskegon. Police have since left the property.
Multiple police agencies have not yet confirmed details around the search."

http://woodtv.com/2016/06/21/neighbor-police-search-2nd-property-tied-to-jessica-heeringa-case/

Jeffrey Thomas Willis told his cousin, a state prison corrections officer, that Willis was involved in Jessica Heeringa's disappearance, according to a new felony lying charge against the cousin.

According to an arrest warrant authorized Tuesday against Kevin Lavern Bluhm, 47, of Muskegon Township, Bluhm initially in a May 18 interview told a Michigan State Police detective that Willis had told him he had no involvement in Heeringa's April 2013 disappearance.

But that statement turned out to be false based on further statements Bluhm made at a second police interview with Bluhm last week on June 14, according to the new arrest warrant against Bluhm

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/06/jeffrey_willis_involved_in_jes.html

Jeffrey Thomas Willis told his cousin, a state prison sergeant, that Willis was involved in Jessica Heeringa's disappearance, according to a new felony lying charge against the cousin.

(He first said Willis wasn't involved)

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/06/jeffrey_willis_involved_in_jes.html

Bluhm's father, Tom Bluhm, told FOX 17 his son was probably trying to protect his cousin, Jeffrey Willis. "They were friends and hung around with each other and played poker," said Bluhm. "I just wish he would tell them the truth. He didn’t do anything except try and protect Jeff, possibly."

.....The information Kevin Bluhm withheld is so significant, they refused to talk about it in court Tuesday.

http://fox17online.com/2016/06/21/dad-believes-son-lied-to-protect-jeffrey-willis-in-heeringa-case/

Jeffrey Thomas Willis told his cousin, a state prison sergeant, that Willis was involved in Jessica Heeringa's disappearance, according to a new felony lying charge against the cousin.

(He first said Willis wasn't involved)

Bluhm's father, Tom Bluhm, told FOX 17 his son was probably trying to protect his cousin, Jeffrey Willis. "They were friends and hung around with each other and played poker," said Bluhm. "I just wish he would tell them the truth. He didn’t do anything except try and protect Jeff, possibly."

.....The information Kevin Bluhm withheld is so significant, they refused to talk about it in court Tuesday.

http://fox17online.com/2016/06/21/dad-believes-son-lied-to-protect-jeffrey-willis-in-heeringa-case/

I can't wrap my hear around why he would lie. Makes no sense especially since he has such a high position job at the prison. Now he may have an idea of where Jessica is? Is that what they're hinting at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah