MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Convicted killer Jeffrey Willis was arrested in May of 2016, and every day since then, he's been lodged at the Muskegon County Jail.

But soon, Willis will be transferred to prison.

Read more: GUILTY: Verdict reached on day 10 of Jeffrey Willis' trial

A sentencing hearing for Willis is scheduled for Monday Dec. 18.

A Muskegon County judge will then sentence Jeffrey Willis to life in prison for killing jogger Rebekah Bletsch in 2014. A jury convicted him of that crime in November.

Typically in a criminal case, the convicted criminal would be transferred from Muskegon County jail to the Michigan prisoner intake center in Jackson.

Read more: 'I'm not a monster': Jeffrey Willis gives interview from jail as murder trial nears

But the Willis case has been anything but normal.

This week a motion filed by Willis' attorney asks a judge to allow Willis to remain in the county jail for several more months.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/mu...-in-jail-until-after-heeringa-trial/499203085

Monster is due to be sentenced in Rebekah’s case this Monday 18th of December.. He has the audacity to claim he is not a monster oh yes you are Mr.

Thinking of Jessica and her family today as they face another Christmas Day without her.

“Jeffrey Willis' cousin, Kevin Bluhm, was to be set free Tuesday following sentencing for his involvement in the murder of Jessica Heeringa.

But he won't be free from prying eyes, as he will be required to wear an electronic GPS tether to monitor his whereabouts for at least a year.

Bluhm, 49, was sentenced Jan. 9 by Muskegon County Circuit Judge William C. Marietti to time he has already served in the Muskegon County Jail, where he has been lodged since Sept. 20, 2016.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2018/01/kevin_bluhm_walks_free_for_his.html

I’m not happy about this and I think he is a disgrace.

“Jeffrey Willis' cousin, Kevin Bluhm, was to be set free Tuesday following sentencing for his involvement in the murder of Jessica Heeringa.

But he won't be free from prying eyes, as he will be required to wear an electronic GPS tether to monitor his whereabouts for at least a year.

Bluhm, 49, was sentenced Jan. 9 by Muskegon County Circuit Judge William C. Marietti to time he has already served in the Muskegon County Jail, where he has been lodged since Sept. 20, 2016.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2018/01/kevin_bluhm_walks_free_for_his.html

I’m not happy about this and I think he is a disgrace.

Sigh...I think he knows where she is. :( Moo.

Eta:

:stormingmad:

Where is Jessica, *********!

Kevin Bluhm will be a free man when he's sentenced in January for helping dispose of Jessica Heeringa's body following her murder.

Bluhm on Monday pleaded no contest to being an accessory after the fact of murder. He has been in jail since Sept. 20, 2016, on the charge, already exceeding the amount of time he would serve if convicted, said Muskegon County Prosecutor D.J. Hilson

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2017/11/kevin_bluhm_wont_face_jail_whe.html

Way too lenient in my opinion.

$#@/^

Message posted by Jessica’s family on the Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook page

“My family was not contacted by the prosecuting office to tell us Bluhm was taking a plea, they did contact us wanting me to go talk to Bluhm, I'm so tired of the lies, deceit going on with my daughters case, Bluhm recanted what he said about my daughter, Law enforcement checked the property where Bluhm said he buried my daughter, there was NEVER a body there, he lied, people ask why he lied for just the below reason, plus I believe he had more to do with Rebekah Bletsch's murder, he had pics of her on his phone (stalking pics she did not know they were being taken), cadaver dogs can pick up a scent even if Willis moved her body there was never a body on that property, he lived right by the Bletsch property, he stalked her on Facebook, then when he knew he was hit, he deleted everything on his phone and went back to factory settings. When he was first arrested I was told they offered him a plea to tell them where Jes was, yet he sat in jail for over 500 days. Law Enforcement screwed up, just what he did to his phone is evidence tampering and I believe he should of been charged with accessory to murder for Rebekah Bletsch, and this monster is going to go free, he maybe was or wasn't with Willis, but I be willing to bet thats where Willis received all is info. on Rebekkah from this dirt bag below. Here's a message to prosecuting attorney Hilson, if you want me to do law enforcements job maybe you should put me on payroll like you did Willis' first attorney. NO JES, NO CHARGES”

Bringing this forward to stare at.

May 2018 be the year Jessica is found.

For real!

My idea at the moment is to appeal to the egotistical side of the SK, which likes to tell his story, infamy, reliving, all that yucky stuff...

Like "Silence of the Lambs" and "Clarice"...(this is serious, I'm not kidding here)

Dahmer was an open book...

Eta: Again, Jessica's thread was the first thread I ever started on WS ( http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Shores-26-April-2013-1&p=9318893#post9318893). She's got a special place in my heart. I hope little Zevyn is doing well...

(Now where the %k is she, *******s !?!!!)

My wish is for little Zevyn, and Jessica's mother to have a place "to go to", to visit her, when they need... I have suffered the loss of my closest, and this type of "closure", though it will never bring her back, is important, imo...

JW reminds me somewhat of TK...perhaps a comparative analysis...

Gah. Where is JW's dumping grounds if he has one/some, and if not, where did he dispose of Jessica??

(End rant. :banghead: )

Eta:Reminded of another thread I started, "Alexis Murphy, Possible Search Areas of Interest"...STONE COLD...as well is NOCO (see signature for reference)...and Adrienne Salinas, and Relisha Rudd...and Diana Alvarez...etc, etc, etc...

:banghead:

At least there is "ARREST" in the title here and this moooooonster is behind bars.

JW, Worst of the Worst....in so many cases we have various outcomes...here, an actual Serial Killer got her... :( Worst possible ending.

What a shame, if he has been caught when he kidnapped and murdered Jessica, there wouldn't have been any other victims.
It's been awhile since I've read Jessica's story. Was this man known at the time of her disappearance? Did he come up as a suspect for us? It's so terrifying when someone is arrested and has been a serial offender. You wonder how in the heck they got away with so much, and what more they've done that hasn't been discovered. And how many more are walking around us with the same mindset as murderers!

I so wish Jessica could be found.

MUSKEGON (WWJ/AP) – A cousin of a man charged in the slaying of a 25-year-old western Michigan gas station clerk has avoided additional jail time for helping him afterward.

A judge sentenced 49-year-old Kevin Bluhm to time served Tuesday for being an accessory after the fact in the murder of Jessica Heeringa. He had been jailed since September 2016. Bluhm pleaded no contest to the charge.

Bluhm also was ordered to serve five years of probation and wear a GPS tether.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/01...voids-new-jail-time-in-jessica-heeringa-case/

MUSKEGON (WWJ/AP) – A cousin of a man charged in the slaying of a 25-year-old western Michigan gas station clerk has avoided additional jail time for helping him afterward.

A judge sentenced 49-year-old Kevin Bluhm to time served Tuesday for being an accessory after the fact in the murder of Jessica Heeringa. He had been jailed since September 2016. Bluhm pleaded no contest to the charge.

Bluhm also was ordered to serve five years of probation and wear a GPS tether.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/01...voids-new-jail-time-in-jessica-heeringa-case/

(Gregjrichards, I almost want to ask you to quit posting these because it is MAKING MY BLOOD BOIL!!!!!!!!!!

(Of course jk about not posting updates, but ykwim!!
:stormingmad: )

(Gosh, and for the LOVE OF MIKE I hope you get to change your avatar soon!

Hugs buddy, hope all is well.)

“The man who's serving a life prison sentence for the death of Rebekah Bletsch is scheduled to go to trial in March for the death of store clerk Jessica Heeringa; however, a new motion filed in the case could delay the trial for weeks, if not months.

Jeffrey Willis has begun serving a life prison sentence. He's currently being held at the state prison in Jackson.

This week, Willis' attorney, Fred Johnson, filed a "motion to adjourn" with Muskegon County Circuit Court. The motion may delay the trial scheduled to begin March 6.”

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/Co...layed-judge-to-decide.html?ci=stream&lp=1&p=1

Sorry to bring you more infuriating news margarita25 I hope you are well too.

Muskegon prosecutors are asking a judge to put two outstanding cases together against convicted killer Jeffrey Willis.

County Prosecutor DJ Hilson is asking a judge to join the case of the April 2013 kidnapping and murder of Jessica Heeringa in Norton Shores, and the 2016 attempted abduction of a 16-year-old girl north of Muskegon.

http://www.wzzm13.com/mobile/articl...ek-to-combine-willis-criminal-cases/509246344

A Judge granted a motion by Willis' defense to adjourn the trial that had been scheduled for early March.

Willis, who was in court Friday, has been moved from Jackson to the correctional facility in Ionia. That cut "in half" travel time for attorneys to visit Willis to prepare his Heeringa defense. However, Willis was recently released from quarantine since the Bletsch conviction in November, during which time he had been "out of contact" with his attorneys.

Both Hilson and Johnson said they preferred to try the Heeringa case before four other cases against Willis. Before Marietti agreed to delay the Heeringa trial, he received commitments from Willis to waive his right to face trial on all five remaining cases within 180 days.

more: http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2018/01/jeffrey_willis_trial_delayed_f.html

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — When asked if he is a serial killer, Jeffrey Willis laughed.

“No,” he told Target 8.

But if convicted in May of the murder of Jessica Heeringa, Willis will meet the FBI’s definition of one: someone guilty of killing at least two people in separate events.

Three times of the course of three days, Willis spoke to Target 8 from the Bellamy Creek Correctional Facility in Ionia, where he’s being held on a life sentence for the murder of Rebekah Bletsch.

The interviews were scheduled after Willis reached out to Target 8, claiming in a letter that he’s innocent, that he was framed in both murder cases and that he has proof. The conversations took place over the phone because that was the only way the prison would allow Target 8 to record them.

When asked if he killed Heeringa, Willis replied, “No.” When asked if he had anything to do with her 2013 disappearance, he again replied, “No.”

http://woodtv.com/2018/02/04/willis-claims-innocence-im-not-going-quietly/

The other piece of legislation passed would require convicted defendants to be present for witness victim impact statements.

The bill arises from the sentencing last year of Jeffrey Willis for the 2014 murder of Rebekah Bletsch in Muskegon County. Willis said he didn’t want to be present for the victim impact statements from Bletsch’s family and the judge said there was nothing he could do to make Willis witness the statements.

As he left the courtroom, Willis blew a kiss to Bletsch’s family and flipped them the bird.

“We want to make sure that others don’t have to go through what Rebecca Bletsch’s family had to go through,” said Rep. Holly Hughes, R-White River Township, the sponsor of the legislation. “We want to make sure that murderers’ rights do not supercede or overshadow the victims or the victims' families rights.”

Willis is also awaiting trial on charges of the kidnapping and murder of Jessica Heeringa, a 25-year-old woman.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/20...lls-house-representatives-michigan/408182002/

I'm so glad this legislation passed on the 8th of March. No victim's family should have to endured the
disgusting behaviour Willis displayed at Rebekah's trial.

I still hope and pray Jessica is found everyday and I pray for her family too. Willis's trial is due to start in May but I am keeping an eye out for any news just in case it is delayed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member