MI MI - Jodi Parrack, 11, abducted & murdered, Constantine, 7 Nov 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know - this is a very small community. Why can't the police just check to see who had their electricity, phone and/or gas disconnected during November/December? If they really think it was someone who moved away from the area.

I think is was someone that came to visit and the person/people they were visiting just haven't said anything because they are certain it couldn't be their relative/friend.

Seems this could be chased down though. Maybe time consuming, but certainly not rock science.

Salem

RIP Jodie, may the angels be with you.

MeoW, Hopefully this case will be solved before there is another murder. That poor Mr. Dorr, lost his daughter then was blamed. Hadden Clark was a nasty guy.

I agree Salem, by now LE should know every person who lived or even visited that town during that time. It's just not that big. The killer must not have told anyone or raised any suspicions.... maybe he is there in plain sight? Maybe he visited his Moma and she knows he would never do something like this. They asked and tested probably everyone they could think of, no DNA match. I'm thinking he was a kid at the time and they don't think he was involved.

I find it so strange that even with DNA evidence, there isn't even a POI in this case. If someone was visiting or moved away, it would have been known in such a small community. Perhaps they don't have enough evidence to force someone to submit a DNA sample, although as far as we know, there isn't even a POI in this case. I agree, it could be someone local and eiter a iminor or someone that no one would even suspect of such a heinous crime. As time goes by, the case is getting cold :(

I agree Salem, by now LE should know every person who lived or even visited that town during that time. It's just not that big. The killer must not have told anyone or raised any suspicions.... maybe he is there in plain sight? Maybe he visited his Moma and she knows he would never do something like this. They asked and tested probably everyone they could think of, no DNA match. I'm thinking he was a kid at the time and they don't think he was involved.

That is true.. i wonder if they dna tested teenaged boys; probably not..

Omsk, As far as I can see every person LE asked to take a DNA test complied and tested negative according to press accounts. That's why I'm thinking the killer might have been young at the time, or maybe a complete stranger that no one saw that day.

CONSTANTINE

On what would have been Jodi Parrack's 12th birthday, her mother placed a wind chime and vase of flowers at her grave and told her she wanted her to come home.

Then Valerie Carver turned to leave -- returning to the reality that Jodi is gone and her killer has yet to be found.

``To me, it seems like it's still yesterday,'' said Carver, recalling how she and a group of friends discovered Jodi's body last November in the Constantine Township Cemetery. ``I'm still stuck there. ... I feel almost like I'm in a movie, and when the movie's over, she'll be back. But I know she's not.''

Link:
http://www.mlive.com/news/kzgazette/index.ssf?/base/news-31/12262080269710.xml&coll=7

Bumping this up for Jodi. I think of her often, and I keep praying that someday they will make an arrest.

From today's Sturgis Journal

"....Robertson examined the body of Jodi Parrack, the Constantine girl who was found strangled in a nearby cemetery in 2007. So far, no arrest has been made in that case.
“This case was very troublesome,” he said. “There were dozens and dozens of DNA tests, but nothing matched.”

http://www.sturgisjournal.com/news/x718262732/Pleas-for-justice

I also think of this case often. This is the first I have heard the cause of death.

Thanks so much Reannan. My question-Where would the DNA have come from if she was strangled. Could it have been under her fingernails? I hope she was not sexually assaulted although I suspect that is where the DNA came from. OHHH- I hope not.

There is a new police chief in Constantine.....

Since taking over the job in March, Chief Bedell has made finding Jodi's killer job number one. There is an entire shelving unit with reports about the crime and 763 tips to go through, so far.

"We got two new ones last week," said Bedell.

"We have his DNA, we just need the rest of his body," said Bedell. "And we'll find the rest of his body, I feel quite confident in that."

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/solving-1364815-margin-0in.html

This is one of those cases that never got a lot of coverage outside of the local area, but is also one that haunts me. I am thrilled to hear that LE feels determined to see justice served. Thanks for the update Colette!

Thanks for the update, colette! This is the station that I watch for news, but we were out of town last week so I missed it. I think about Jodi every time I go through Constantine.

I was just going to post the same update :) I am also very glad to see that the case is again being given the priority it deserves. I don't think the perp is still in the area, but really hope he does something really stupid and ends up in the system so LE can match his DNA!

NB - gonna make two posts in succession here, as I feel I may be stretching the word limit to do it all in one! Apologies for any awkwardness that causes:

Hi guys. Unfamiliar with this case until I saw it bumped today, and would just like to extend my deep sympathy and best wishes to the victim, all who cared for her, and the community of Constantine as a whole. It’s a truly sickening thing to have happened, and I agree with previous posters - it’s very heartening to hear indications that steps are still being taken to bring the perp(s) to justice.

I’ve now spent hours trawling through the thread and every link (well, every still-active link...around half are 404s now) trying to catch up and brainstorm some ideas. I’m not much of a ‘hard research’ sleuther, but my background is in lateral thinking, and so the stuff I come up with on WS will nearly always tend to be meant as a jump-off point for discussion, rather than any concrete theory. I’d also like to reiterate that I am utterly unfamiliar with the area or the community in this case, and so I apologise in advance if any of my observations seem patently ludicrous to those who know the environment and circumstances better than I. I’m just trying to come at it with a fresh pair of eyes.

By the way, I notice that the top-down Google Maps coverage of Constantine isn’t great, but that the Google Street View coverage of the area is very decent, and as such the vast majority of my brainstorming has involved trawling the township that way. It would be good if someone who knows the area could help me out with these thoughts, plus any of you who can pull up Google Maps and Street View as I go! Disagreements/corrections hugely welcome, as ever...

So, all that said, a couple of initial thoughts:

(Cont'd in next post)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member