MI MI - Jodi Parrack, 11, abducted & murdered, Constantine, 7 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read the whole thread for the first time and two things came to mind.

In the Jonbenet Ramsey case nobody knew she had a 8 1/2 inch skull fracture until the coroner did her autopsy. There was no outward sign that it was there. She, of course ,was also strangled which was obvious but nobody saw anything on her head indicating she had that skull fracture. There was no blood, no cut, nothing. Didn't know it until he opened her up. So just because nobody could see any life threatening injuries to this little girl doesn't mean they weren't there. That head injury would have killed Jonbenet eventually according to the coroner.

The other thing was the fact that some seem to think it's important that her eyes were closed. Jonbenets eyes were closed and she looked like she was asleep. I've seen crime scene photos of victims who are dead and their eyes are closed, not by anyone but just closed in death. It actually happens a lot. So I don't think the killer closed her eyes because of any kind of remorse. Of course it could have happened that way, but it is just as common that the dying person will close his or her own eyes in death. I don't think it's a clue, really.

I'm so sorry for this little girl and so frustrated with the LE there. They need to release at least a little more information to the public. Maybe someone saw something but they just need their memory jiggled a bit. I hope they find this person soon. I wonder if they have looked into it being some other kids or kid? I think it's possible she rode her bike right into that cemetary maybe to meet someone, or following someone she knew. I'm doubting that she was forced into a car. They would definetly have carpet fibers if she was though. Anyway, just a few ideas I had on this case. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.:)

I saw a Forensics Files that reminds me of this case very much. The perp hit a little girl while she was riding her bike; not too hard but just hard enough to knock her down. The cops were able to catch him because of the paint chips that were transferred from her bike to his car and vice versa. He did leave the bike at the scene though.
The only way I can figure the bike being with her is either she was picked up by someone she knew. She left her friends house, someone from her friends house caught up with her, offered her a ride, etc or someone from her family or family friends came across her and offered a ride. OR she was lured into the Cemetary with her bike and then killed. There are many ways to manipulate a little girl into doing something she wouldn't normally do. She love animals. Perhaps the perp told her there was an injured kitten in there that needed her help, etc.
The positioning of the body is interesting when you take into account her house was in full view. That seems to be something that was done on purpose and is significant. Almost like it was directed at the parents more than at Jodi herself.

gaia - the being lured is a very good possibility. Maybe she did walk that bike into the cemetary. And it is not uncommon for a perp to use lost/hurt animals as a ploy to get a child to go where they want them to! Good ideas.

Salem

I really wish something would break in this case.

Thank you for the links Jat. In the comments after the article at your first link someone posted that the family friend who suggested checking the cemetary has been polygraphed four times. I thought that was very interesting, if true.

Yes, also did you read the posts by the ex-wife and "baby mama" of Jodi's current stepfather? She didn't even realized he was remarried or had a step-child. He has apparently been moving all these years with his new family because (what she suspects) he was avoiding child support payments for his biological daughter. Those articles really make me question the family. There was so much more information and the statements by the mother make me suspicious.

I am not much of a poster, but I have been following cases all my life. I generally try to get my friends and family interested in discussions. Most folks think I am crazy poisoning my mind with this type of information, but I find that I am a much better parent knowing what is truly out there in the world.

Everyone (in the links comments) keeps commenting on how weird and wrong it is that Jodi's mother said she knew her daughter was dead......am I weird because I don't find that statement weird or suspicious. I think it is called Mother's Intuition. Her daughter didn't come home when she was supposed to, her mother had an awful feeling something had happened to her and she was right. Everyone knows that feeling when you just know something is true or has happened - I think that can be especially prevalent when talking about mothers and daughters. That bond is strong and when one of the links is gone the other knows it.

I don't disagree with you there and certainly make no claim that it definitely IS weird or suspicious, just makes me suspicious with all other information. For instance, the mother went to pick her up at her friend's house and she wasn't there. The friend had left for a Girl Scout meeting and they figured Jodi just tagged along. Well, if she NEVER was late...then why would she go to the meeting without calling her mom to check or anything...also why wouldn't the mother wonder where her bike was (maybe the friend rode to Girl Scouts) while she was at the meeting, etc.

Additionally, if my child always came home on time and then didn't come home on time, I would definitely be thinking that she was abducted or met with some form of foul play, but I don't believe I would be entertaining that she was DEAD. It hadn't been that long of a time. I would just try to find her. Of course, my child has never gone missing so these are all estimates of what I would do based on no true experience.

However, I do think the family dynamic has to be looked up with scrutiny due to the lack of leads in the case (always really). But, don't feel at this time the parents definitely had anything to do with her murder. While I can't help but form thought processes that go down every path, I often think...what if I went missing as a child and it was a complete stranger abduction and murder? If my family were scrutinized...holy crap...everyone would think they had done it...parents on drugs, transients buying drugs in and out of the house all the time, step-father with a violent history, mother that doesn't stand up for herself...the list goes on...but my parents NEVER EVER would have harmed me physically. To an outsider though, they'd sure look shady.

Jat, I did see the post from the stepfather's ex wife. She called him cold hearted (or was it cold blooded?) and talked about how he didn't even call his own flesh and blood children after Jodi was killed.

Gaia, I don't think it is odd that her mother knew. Sometimes we just know something without knowing why or how we know.

I agree that sometimes we just know something. I always know when my son or my granddaughter are distressed and that I need to call them. My grandson's "connection threads" are not quite as strong. But here is what I think, even if Jodi's mom "knew" how could she say it outloud? Maybe she didn't until after Jodie was found. For me, I just don't think I could say the words, before I knew for sure because I wouldn't be able to let go of that hope.

Salem

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9284264

3 Nov 08

A year ago next Saturday, Jodi Parrack's body was found in a cemetery not far from her home in St. Joseph County.

Family, friends and investigators will mark that day with a candlelight vigil for the 11-year-old whose killer has not been found.

She was the victim of a murder. But so far, investigators have not released the cause of death or other details of the crime.

They told 24 Hour News 8 earlier this year they don't want the suspect, or suspects, to know what they know.

Prosecutors also told us they had scientific evidence, but they had yet to match that evidence to a suspect.

Over 100 people have been interviewed in connection with the murder. But so far, no arrests have been made.

Investigators are still asking for tips from the public.

Along with remembering her life, prosecutors involved in the case say the vigil will help get the word back out to the public.

The vigil is set for 7 p.m. Saturday at the Park at Washington and East Third.

pic
9284264_BG1.jpg

Thanks for posting the link. I can't believe it has been a year already. It is encouraging to know they have scientific evidence. If they do have DNA then surely they have tested it against the family, the step-father, the people who were at the house she left to ride home, etc.....unless of course there are people who are refusing to cooperate.

Has it honestly been a year already? I am so sorry they haven't solved this crime because IMO, the perp is a slimy little coward who should be rotting in jail.

Well almost - this Saturday it will be.

I wish they solved this case by now. I'm glad to see that they are going a vigil and that it's not been a forgotten case

~snip

"CONSTANTINE, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Nearly one year ago a Constantine mother found her 11-year-old daughter dead in a cemetery near her home."

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/constantine_1355467___article.html/year_newschannel.html

Very few details about the crime have been released so far, at least that I've seen. Was sexual assault the motive? Her parents have been ruled out, so it really can be anyone, local or a drifter. She might have witnessed something she shouldn't have; I just can't think of anything else besides that or a sexual assault that could push someone to do something so horrible :(

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/34109569.html

"They have now confirmed it's DNA evidence, but they're not saying what kind or exactly where they found it. Investigators say even with this evidence it will still be difficult to find Jodi’s killer.

Police have received more than 650 tips over the past year. But investigators say the majority of them have not been credible leads.

They want to know about anyone who moved away from the Constantine area between early November and the end of December."

The killer could have been visiting with friends or family at the time of the murder. My guess is it was someone young and walked, no car at the time as Jodi was found so close to home.

I agree OMSK99, it looks like a sexual crime. They are not saying cause of death, but I bet it was something like hit with a rock or strangulation.

The killer could have been visiting with friends or family at the time of the murder. My guess is it was someone young and walked, no car at the time as Jodi was found so close to home.

I agree OMSK99, it looks like a sexual crime. They are not saying cause of death, but I bet it was something like hit with a rock or strangulation.

That's my guess too. The whole scenario reminds me of one of Hadden Clark's (serial killer) victims, Michele Dorr. The timeline was fudged, as her father was watching a car race on tv and didn't want to look unattentive, so Hadden Clark got away with it at first.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back